Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD

Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New Orleans, LA. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Meyer is affiliated with Touro Infirmary.

3434 Prytania St Ste 310

New Orleans, LA 70115

Learn about Dr. Meyer

See how frequently Dr. Meyer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Actinic Keratosis
high
Acne
Skin Infections

Dr. Meyer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Meyer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meyer to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Meyer's Performance
in New Orleans, LA |
I can't recommend Dr. Meyer highly enough. I have been seeing her for over a and am consistently happy with my entire experience. Dr. Meyer and her staff are extremely professional and courteous. While Dr. Meyer is tremendously skilled with respect to cosmetic dermatology, her best quality is that she listens and will work with you regarding whatever your concerns are, and she always suggests just the right procedure to achieve the look you want, whatever your budget is.
Metairie, LA |
Horrible! I was told to come in early to fill out paperwork, yet there was none. Then waited over an hour to be called back. I'm pretty positive they forgot my chart. I finally get called back and Dr. Meyer acted like she wanted nothing to do with me and rushed me in and out. I asked her to check my moles. She looked for a second and said "you're fine." I got a second opinion and the dr removed 2 immediately. Both came back abnormal, yet Dr. Meyer said I was "fine." I'll never go to her again!!
Kenner, LA |
My 80 year old mother was a patient of Dr. Meyer. I liked the way she was patient with my mother's questions and always seemed sensitive to her needs. So when I noticed that a red spot on my face had recently changed to brown, seeing Dr. Meyer for it was an easy decision. This was 5 years ago. She quickly got me in to see a top notch specialist/surgeon and the surgery was a success. Dr. Meyer continues to see me yearly for a cancer checkup and for other skin issues. She is a great doctor!
in New Orleans, LA |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Meyer for many years, prior to Hurricane Katrina. She is most knowledgeable about many different problems, and has successfully treated us for many dermatological issues. We have much confidence in her and she treats all patients with respect and listens to them. The office is run very professionally and we have and will continue to recommend Dr. Meyer to our family and friends.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr Meyer correctly diagnosed and treated my skin condition which had been causing me considerable discomfort for a year after attempts with other doctors involving multiple OTC creams, ointments, sprays, and even prescribed oral and topical medications. I was finally completely healed after only 2 weeks of treatment and a follow up visit. THANK YOU DR MEYER!!!! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Meyer for any dermatological needs you may have.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Meyer is a caring, generous, and competent doctor who took care of me after hours, on a Friday evening. I had an emergency and called her on her cell phone (yes, she gives out her cell phone number!). She took the time to listen to my concerns, and to ask questions. She made sure that I got my prescription right away. Thanks to her efforts, my rash was treated without delay. I recommend her without reservation. She is amazing!!!
in iNew OrleansLA |
Great doctor. Very experienced. No waiting time. Very efficient.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Meyer took one look at me and recognized the condition that had been misdiagnosed for over a year by another dermatologist. After treatment I finally had clear skin again! She also explained things I should avoid to keep my skin clear.
in New Orleans LA |
Horrible
Have you seen Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Meyer?