Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD

Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New Orleans, LA. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Meyer is affiliated with Touro Infirmary.

Dr. Meyer's Experience

See how Dr. Meyer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meyer

Dr. Meyer accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Meyer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Meyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Meyer to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Meyer's Performance
Metairie, LA |
Horrible! I was told to come in early to fill out paperwork, yet there was none. Then waited over an hour to be called back. I'm pretty positive they forgot my chart. I finally get called back and Dr. Meyer acted like she wanted nothing to do with me and rushed me in and out. I asked her to check my moles. She looked for a second and said "you're fine." I got a second opinion and the dr removed 2 immediately. Both came back abnormal, yet Dr. Meyer said I was "fine." I'll never go to her again!!
Kenner, LA |
My 80 year old mother was a patient of Dr. Meyer. I liked the way she was patient with my mother's questions and always seemed sensitive to her needs. So when I noticed that a red spot on my face had recently changed to brown, seeing Dr. Meyer for it was an easy decision. This was 5 years ago. She quickly got me in to see a top notch specialist/surgeon and the surgery was a success. Dr. Meyer continues to see me yearly for a cancer checkup and for other skin issues. She is a great doctor!
in New Orleans, LA |
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Meyer for many years, prior to Hurricane Katrina. She is most knowledgeable about many different problems, and has successfully treated us for many dermatological issues. We have much confidence in her and she treats all patients with respect and listens to them. The office is run very professionally and we have and will continue to recommend Dr. Meyer to our family and friends.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr Meyer correctly diagnosed and treated my skin condition which had been causing me considerable discomfort for a year after attempts with other doctors involving multiple OTC creams, ointments, sprays, and even prescribed oral and topical medications. I was finally completely healed after only 2 weeks of treatment and a follow up visit. THANK YOU DR MEYER!!!! I wholeheartedly recommend Dr Meyer for any dermatological needs you may have.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Meyer is a caring, generous, and competent doctor who took care of me after hours, on a Friday evening. I had an emergency and called her on her cell phone (yes, she gives out her cell phone number!). She took the time to listen to my concerns, and to ask questions. She made sure that I got my prescription right away. Thanks to her efforts, my rash was treated without delay. I recommend her without reservation. She is amazing!!!
in iNew OrleansLA |
Great doctor. Very experienced. No waiting time. Very efficient.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Meyer took one look at me and recognized the condition that had been misdiagnosed for over a year by another dermatologist. After treatment I finally had clear skin again! She also explained things I should avoid to keep my skin clear.
in New Orleans LA |
Horrible
Have you seen Dr. Sharon Meyer, MD?
Are you Dr. Meyer?

Compare Dr. Meyer

Dr. Meyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Louisiana not available

Dr. Meyer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Meyer's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Hives
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Graduated in 1986

Completed in 1987

Completed in 1991

Completed in 1988

Dr. Meyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology