Dr. Sharon Duval, MD

Dr. Sharon Duval, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Dr. Sharon Duval, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Elgin, IL. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Duval is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.

Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

• LifeSynch
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Duval

My approach to my patients over the course of my career has been very simple: Treat patients in the manner in which I would want myself or my family to be treated.

I pride myself in wanting to provide personal care and attention to each of my patients.  This starts first with establishing a level of mutual respect and and stressing the importance of establish a partnership.

I enjoy educating my patients by discussing the latest or current medical strategy for treating health problems.  Sometimes a session may even involve a visual discussion by using "Grays Anatomy.

There're often many concerns and fears when visiting a doctor.  My goal is to develop a sense of calm, encouraging patients to ask questions and guiding the discussion so that patients leave my office feeling satisfied about their experience.

My practice has grown through the many personal referrals I receive from current patients.  I take care of many persons from the same family, coworkers and allied health professionals.

Video

Dr. Duval's Experience

Dr. Duval's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anemia
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Congestive Heart Failure

• Pap Smear
  • Physical Examination
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Illinois At Chicago College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Duval has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Duval does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duval and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duval's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duval to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Duval Says:

I would like to thank each of my patients for providing feedback about your experience in my office.  The information will be used to offer a better and improved experience upon your next visit. The commentary below is provided to give insight to those who may be considering our office for your health care.

My approach to medicine has always been to provide personal care and...

Dr. Duval's Performance
in Bartlett, IL |
Very Friendly, Professional, Kind, Caring, Great Listener! It’s like talking to one of your friends.
in St. Charles |
Very Professional, Knowledgeable, Trustworthy, and Caring.
in Bartlett, IL |
Very knowledgeable, professional and caring Doctor. Been seeing Dr. Duval for many years and highly recommended her to family and friends. And glad she partnered with Northwestern Medicine, Sherman Hospital and St Alexis Hospital. Great Choice.
Chicago, IL |
Absolutely terrible. I brought a client in who is clinically complex. The client had abdominal pain and lost 50 pounds. I asked for CT scan of the abdomen and she didn't understand why it was needed. She wanted to wait. She would not treat her anxiety. She was resistant and stubborn. I give her zero stars. I'm unable to unvljck the 2 stars
in Pingree Grove, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Duval as she is the most informative and caring doctor I have ever come across and I have had my share during my 75 years on this earth. She gave me so much information and explained so much that I walked away in ahhhhhh, unbelievable. She is highly educated and really knows what she is talking about. Great, great, great
Hudsonville, MI |
This Doctor never listens if you tell her something is wrong, she starts telling you a story about someone else, horrible staff and practice, go somewhere else
in elgin, il |
Dr D is great, she listens to your problems with your health. She tells you what she thinks but she gives you opposition in your health care. If she is busy with another patient and you have a question, she calls back no matter the time. She has great bed side matters. Been with Dr D for about 10 years, would not trade her for anyone!!!!
in Elgin, IL |
I moved to Elgin from out of state and needed an internist. I saw a wonderful article about Dr. Duval in Suburban Woman magazine. I saw her picture in several other publications and knew she was meant to be my physician. She has been my delightful, carrying and extremely informed doctor provider for eight years. Honestly I would follow her anywhere. Dr. Duval gives complete explanations and is always contend. She also remembers every detail of every appointment!
in Huntley, IL |
I almost always get an appointment the same day I call. Dr Duval is easy to talk to and very thorough when diagnosing. Lab work is done right on the premises, very convenient when you're not feeling well.
Crystal Lake, IL |
Very compassionate Dr. She takes the time with you to understand what you came in for.
in Streamwood, IL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Duval to anyone! Dr. Duval always takes the time to listen, answer all questions, and really cares about her patients. Dr. Duval is the best doctor I have ever had. I never feel rushed or like she doesn't take my concerns seriously. Dr. Duval explains things in great detail and is always very pleasant and friendly. Love going there!
in Gilberts, IL |
Dr. Duval is so easy to talk to. I was nervous when I had to find a new doctor. She made me completely at ease.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr Duval is very personable, compassionate and through.
Have you seen Dr. Sharon Duval, MD?
Are you Dr. Duval?