Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO

Family Medicine ·  Female · Age 38

Dr. Murphy

Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO is a family medicine specialist in Clackamas, OR and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from Ks Univ Of Med & Biosci Coll Of Osteo Med in 2010 and specializes in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative therapy.

Make an appointment

Dr. Murphy accepts

Dr. Murphy accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Bluegrass Family Health
Worker's Compensation WC
Coventry Health Care
Medicare Advantage PFFS
First Choice Health
First Choice Health PPO
LifeWise
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Mutual of Omaha
Preferred PPO
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN
PacifiCare HMO

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check if Dr. Murphy treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Murphy's conditions and procedures:

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Breast Exam
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Pap Smear
  • Pelvic Exams
  • Physical Examination
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Stitches
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

With her osteopathic philosophy, Sharlene takes a holistic, wellness-oriented approach to health care. She enjoys caring for individuals and families along the life spectrum-from discussing developmental milestones of infants to engaging in end-of-li...

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

4.5

Dr. Murphy?
Dr. Murphy's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO
Dr. Sharlene Murphy at NW Primary Care was amazingly quick to get in and see for a preventive checkup. She provided a good assessment and did not rush the visit. Ordered all of the standard annual lab work and provided the results within a few days. Unfortunately I was billed for multiple extra lab tests and a medical visit on top of the already insurance paid, free to me preventive checkup. When I talked with the billing department they said changing the coding would be fraud on their part and claimed pre-existing condition. I am very disappointed with the office for the lack of communication and transparency with the billing. If I had been informed the extra lab test for the vitamin supplement I was taking was not covered by the annual preventive checkup, I would have declined the service as it was offer by Dr. Murphy and not brought up at my request. The survey before the appointment such as taking vitamins was used to find additional ways to increase the bill for the visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
Dr. Murphy is the first doctor to listen to my concerns and take action. I feel listened to when I come in for a visit, and she keeps me in the loop about her concerns. I can't recommend her enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
I love Dr. Murphy. She is kind, knowledgeable and takes the time to talk with you about all of your concerns. I have recommended her to friends and they feel the same. I am a little worried that she'll be so popular soon she wont be available for appointments! :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
Dr. Murphy is knowledgeable, attentive, present, and has a gentle bedside manner. She takes time to explain things so that our family better understands what's going on. She takes time to validate our concerns. Dr. Murphy is so approachable and has a natural down to earth style that puts my teens and I at ease. She takes time to be sure we are comfortable and that our questions are answered. We look forward to our next visits. I'd recommend Dr. Murphy to anyone. 10 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
Dr. Murphy is professionally competent and she has a gentle demeanor and touch. that sets her apart from most practitioners. I very much would like to have continued with her; but my experience with ended up being brief, as I decided to switch to another institution after the automatic follow-up system at Northwest Primary Care led me to undergo irrelevant blood draws.
Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
This is my favorite doctor of all time. She got me on a supplement regimen to help me get off meds which works like 1000 times better than the meds. Awesome! Also, she listens to you!
Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
The provider missed diagnosed a highly contagious eye infection. She gave me a list of eye drops to use. I went to the pharmacy to learn they are prescription antibiotics. I called her office and she left for the day and if I need a prescription I would have to go back again. My child's pediatrician later diagnosed the infection.
I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
I had a different pcp in the same clinic but they weren't available so I scheduled with Dr. Murphy and have since changed to have her as my PCP. She took the time to explain what was going on, what she suspected and rushed a referral to a specialist to help me. My other PCP was not as thorough and thoughtful as Dr. Murphy. I am so happy to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?
Loved having Dr. Murphy as my PCP. Was planning on having her delivery my first child but went into labor early. She continued to follow me through the process and even brought me some flowers in the hospital. We moved out of the state but plan to move back to Oregon in a couple of years and I fully intend to come back to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sharlene Murphy, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Murphy?

Northwest Primary Care

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Murphy treats patients.