Dr. Shari Flowers, MD

RheumatologyFemaleAge 39

Telehealth services available

Skylands Medical Group

33 Newton Sparta Rd Newton, NJ 07860

Dr. Shari Flowers, MD is a Rheumatology Specialist in Newton, NJ. Dr. Flowers has more experience with Autoimmune Diseases and Arthritis and Arthropathy than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Morristown Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Flowers to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Shari Flowers, MD with other Rheumatology Specialists near you

Dr. Flowers' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Flowers

4.1

Dr. Flowers?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (55)
  • Explained conditions well (55)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (55)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (14)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (11)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (10)
Caring, attentive, professional and knowledgeable is how I would describe Dr. Flowers. She is one of the kindest and caring doctors that I have been blessed to find. It was hard to get an appointment at first, and now I see why. She looks at the entire picture (your symptoms and existing conditions) and not just your blood-work. She is worth the wait! I never feel rushed at my appointments and on top of her medical expertise, she has a wonderful personality and puts you at ease. This is the first time in a long time I have hope about living with this autoimmune disease. She did that for me, and I will forever be grateful.
Serena K – Jan 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Does not remember or review chart. Does not seem to treat many patients with Lupus.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Teri – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
I have been going to Dr Flowers for about five years and she and her staff have been excellent. They are professional, courteous. I highly recommend Dr Flowers
Nadine Genrich – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Dr. Flowers is my "North Star" and the "Captain" of my healthcare! She has guided me in the right direction with every visit and advocates for me with my team of doctors. I know I'm not alone with Dr. Flowers as my rheumatologist and that I'm always moving in a positive direction with her guidance. She listens patiently, educates me so that I understand my body and what is taking place, and has a compassionate heart. Dr. Flowers' staff could not be more amazing! Dr. Flowers is a true gift to the medical profession as well as to the patients who are looking for answers, help, treatment and care.
Christine H. – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Dr. Flowers and her staff are great! Never a wait time, and never a rush during your appointment. Dr a Flowers takes the time to listen, to answer every question. She works tirelessly to find the right treatment that works for me and that i can afford. Dr. Flowers and her staff have given me hope for the 1st time I 16 years. I’m so grateful to have found them! I highly recommend Dr. Flowers!
Tammy L Saporito – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
I have been going to Dr Flowers for quite a few years and she and her staff are wonderful! They are professional, courteous and caring. I highly recommend Dr Flowers
Alice S – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
I have been a patience of Dr. Flowers for several years now. My pain condition has been basically neutralized with her treatment regiment, allowing me to have a much better quality of life. In addition, her staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Flowers if you are dealing with pain like I was.
Ray M. – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Dr Shari Flowers is one in a million,she extends care,time,compassion and emotional intelligence ,so very needed during this difficult time.She listens and you feel she hears you and your problems.But most of all I have never felt rushed at all.Her staff are all wonderful and helpful every time I’ve called with a question or new symptom. I wish all doctors and offices were like hers.She gets a million stars from me.****************************************************************************************************!! Sincerely, K.Keena
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
I have only been going to Dr. Flowers for a few months. I appreciate that she takes her time with each patient and doesn't rush them out. Not only is she caring and knowledgeable, but truly the nicest doctor I've ever met.
Annette M Wells – Aug 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Doctor Flowers is the best! I spent years searching for a rheumatologist that would take the time to listen to me and figure out what was going on, then I found Dr. Flowers. So glad I did!! Within the first few minutes of my initial appointment she diagnosed me and I am happy to say she has found a way to help me feel good. I have would highly her recommend her -- I have actually have recommended her to my mother too! Five stars!!
Lauren Hart – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
ALOT of waiting (months for an appt and 2+ hours in office) for suboptimal care, and dragging out months of wrong treatment for what turned out to be the wrong diagnosis. Please save your time, health, and money and find a different doctor.
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
"This review is for the Rockaway Office. I have not seen Dr. Flowers although I have been trying for 6 months. Called before Christmas office closed, called week after Christmas and was given Apr 9, 2020 for appt. COVID happened, My Apr appt needed to be rescheduled until Jun 17th as I can't do virtual by phone, only computer. Well, My Jun 17th has to be rescheduled since she is still doing virtual for initial visits. Had to cancel. I am not waiting over 6 months to see a Dr. especially when you don't feel well. My opinion is she should stop accepting new patients since she can't accommodate new patients. What a waste of 6 months. Her last sentence of her philosophy is "From the first call to schedule an appointment, you will know that we care about you as an individual." So NOT true. Wanted to stay within Skylands Medical since most of my medical records are there."
Linda M – Jun 12, 2020
Hello Linda. We are so sorry to hear this. The...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
My rating would be a 0. Dr Flowers doesn’t treat the problem just pushes pillls to mask it. Pushed prednisone to the point of ecute blood sugar level leaving my vision severely affected for over two weeks now and nervous it my not correct itself. Another doctor so proud of their certificate/ degree on the wall but can’t help anyone.
Scott Haddock – Oct 05, 2019
We apologize for your poor experience. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Just love our visits! Dr. Shari is knowledgeable, and caring. Always on top of things and speaking REAL! Her honesty is refreshing!
Helen Mastrogiovanni – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Flowers for many years and is very knowledgeable and empathetic. I never wait long to see her. Once I waited 40 minutes and it was due to an emergency that she apologized over and over again for. I'm so glad I found her!
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Waited three months as a new patient for an initial appointment. I arrived early and knew I would have to wait till my appointment time. Other patients arrived who were scheduled after me and they were all seen first. I waited a total of two hours and walked out infuriated never seen the doctor. And absolute waste of three months to try to seek care and a total waste of time waiting two hours for nothing. other patients arrived who were scheduled after me and they were all seen first.
Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
After years of visiting doctors without getting a satisfactory diagnosis for my daughter's ongoing issues, we walked into Dr. Flowers office and within 10 minutes she identified the problem and FINALLY sent us on a path toward a solution. She took time and had a wonderful, caring approach. Thank goodness for Dr. Flowers!
Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
There are countless reasons to choose Dr. Flowers - here are my top three: 1. She extremely competent and knowledgeable. She was able to diagnosis my father's VERY serious "2 in a million disease". 2. She collaborates and advocates with other healthcare providers locally and globally to find and execute on the best treatment options. 3. She truly cares about her patients. Knowing she is on "our team" is making navigating this serious and scary disease manageable.
Bonnie in Orleans – Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
She is extremely caring,loving,and considerate. She’s very professional and she knows what she’s doing. There was hardly any waiting at all. Maybe 5 minutes at most.
Mar 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?
Dr. Flowers has been the only rhuematoligist I have stayed with. She has given me the time I needed to discuss my pain and treatment, she never rushes through a visit, is always a phone call away and communicates very well with myself and my other Drs. My health affects me daily and she has made my comfort her first priority. Dr. Flowers does not just write scripts and send you out the door. I never wait long in the waiting room and I most importantly I feel safe with my health in her hands.
Doreen in landing – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shari Flowers, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Flowers?

• Rheumatology