Dr. Shareen M. Greenbaum, MD

Dr. Shareen M. Greenbaum, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Hollywood Eye Institute, Cooper City, FL 11011 Sheridan St Ste 215, Hollywood, FL 33026 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I pride myself on treating my patients like I would treat my family members. I believe in the importance of good communication with my patients and will spend the time to answer all questions. In addition, I attend numerous courses each year in order to stay up to date with the newest technology in ophthalmology. At the Hollywood Eye Institute we offer state-of-the-art examination and surgical techniques.Read more

Personal Bio

Thank you for taking the time to read a little about me. I have dedicated my life to ophthalmology...Read more

Dr. Greenbaum's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Greenbaum's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Greenbaum

Dr. Greenbaum accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Health Net

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Greenbaum has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Greenbaum

Dr. Greenbaum's Review Details
4.8 based on 212 responses
Experience with Dr. Greenbaum
Dr. Greenbaum's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (186)
Dr. Shareen M. Greenbaum, MD says

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate me and my office.  I use each and every comment and critique to try to improve all patient experiences at my office.

in Hallandale Beach FL |
Doctor Greenbaum was very caring with her explanation on my eyes health. She was throughly with the exam and I felt comfortable. Not to forget the great team at the front! Thank you:)
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. was very professional. Staff could be more friendly and introduce themselves.
Hollywood, FL |
Great Dr. and great bedside manners! I would recommend Dr. Greenbaum to anyone!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Greenbaum gave me a very thorough exam. She diagnosed a problem that I have and is helping me resolve it. The office is very professional and the staff persons are great.
in Pembroke Pines. Fl |
Excelente , very profesional , take time with patients.
Hollywood, FL |
Very friendly office, quick wait time and on time.
in Southwest Ranches, FL |
My first visit with Dr. Greenbaum was a pleasure. The entire staff was extremely nice, the office has immaculate surroundings. So glad my physician referred me to this office. I will continue to visit this doctor who was a very pleasant person, who has chosen wonderful individuals to work along side her.
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Amazing. Very helpful and kind
in Miramar, FL |
I had a bad eye infection & the thing I liked most was them working with me to getting me in at the last minute. I may have a little longer of a wait time once I got there, but it was worth the wait to be seen by a truly professional staff from the receptionist all the way to Dr. Greenbaum I would highly recommend Dr. Greenbaum to all my family & friends.
in Davie, FL |
Good.
Professional and took all the time news art to explain results of eye exam.
Hollywood, FL |
I had such an incredible time!!! My chalazion was removed and she and her staff was AMAZING!!!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Greenbaum to all my friends and family. She is an Outstanding Doctor in her field of Ophthalmology. I trust her completely with my eyes. I do have severe anxiety but when I go to her office, I feel very relaxed because of the fantastic care she gives me. She treats every patient with such respect and professionalism. She is very Patient, Caring, Gentile and understanding. She really listens to all your needs and concerns.
I was very satisfied with Dr. Greenbaum. She reviewed and explained every test I had done
in Plantation, FL |
Great Doctor. Obviously, extremely bright and highly competent. Open-minded and a good listener. Makes a deliberate effort to be a good physician.
Have you seen Dr. Shareen M. Greenbaum, MD?

Compare Dr. Greenbaum

• Uveitis

Why It Matters: Dr. Greenbaum's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Greenbaum says..

One of my areas of expertise is cataract surgery.  This procedure is a customized microsurgery designed to improve vision through removal of a cataract (cloudy lens) and implantation of a specialized intraocular lens implant.

At my office we measure the eyes for cataract surgery with top of the line equipment to get the most precise measurements possible.  I then spend time discussing all surgical options to each cataract candidate including the benefit of laser cataract surgery and the types of lens implant options available.  These include toric lenses to correct astigmatism and multifocal lenses and accommodating lenses to correct distance and near vision without the need for glasses after surgery.

I am proud of my excellent visual outcomes after cataract surgery and the manner in which I take care of each and every surgical patient, from the initial exam to the post operative visits.

Another area of expertise of mine is oculoplastic/eyelid surgery.  During a 1-2 hour surgery I am able to lift the eyelids, remove excess skin and fat and contour the lids to create a more youthful appearance and improved peripheral vision.

At my office I have several books with "before and after" pictures which highlight some of my recent cases.  Many patients have expressed that their lives have changed with this surgery.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Oculoplastic Surgery
  • Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Plaquenil Exam

Completed in 2007

University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor

Graduated in 1999

• Published in Retina for research in Age Related Macular Degeneration, 2007
    • Risk of Acute Vision Loss following Photodynamic Therapy for Age Related Macular Degeneration, 2007

Dr. Greenbaum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Greenbaum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Greenbaum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Greenbaum

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Greenbaum's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Greenbaum

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Greenbaum says...

Thank you for taking the time to read a little about me.  I have dedicated my life to ophthalmology and I enjoy what I do every day.  My favorite part of my job is meeting so many different people in my office every day.  It is very rewarding to know that I have a positive impact on people's lives.  I think what sets me apart from some other physicians is that I truly bond with my patients.  I laugh with them during good times and cry with them during difficult times.  I am open and honest and I don't hide anything from my patients.  I take the time to explain their condition and answer their questions.

I feel honored to offer my surgical expertise to my patients.  When patients thank me after cataract surgery, eyelid surgery or other procedures, I thank them for trusting me with their eyes.  I want each patient to be 100% satisfied with their surgical outcome and I spend time planning each procedure before it happens in order to meet that goal.

When I am not in my office or in surgery I am "working" as a mom to my four children and spending time with my husband.  I enjoy reading novels, traveling with my family and volunteering at my kids' schools.

Dr. Greenbaum's Care Philosophy