Dr. Shannon Weatherford, MD

Dr. Shannon Weatherford, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Shannon Weatherford, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Weatherford is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital.

OBGYN Associates

7601 Forest Ave Ste 228

Richmond, VA 23229

• Guardian
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Weatherford

Ob-Gyn Associates' doctors and staff pride themselves on being genuine and courteous. These old-fashioned values seem simple but in our experience are rarely found. We treat our patients as we would want our family treated.

Dr. Weatherford's Experience

Dr. Weatherford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Yeast Infections

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • Virginia Commonwealth University Mcv School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Weatherford has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weatherford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weatherford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weatherford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weatherford to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Weatherford's Performance
Manakin Sabot, VA |
Dr. Weatherford's calm, friendly and professional demeanor is exactly what I look for in a health care provider. She explains things clearly and takes plenty of time to answer my questions.
in Richmond |
Dr. Weatherford is wonderful! She is thorough, caring and professional! She is my favorite doctor!
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Shannon Weatherford is the BEST OBGYN physician that I have ever had. She take the time to explain all my concerns and allow time for me to ask her any questions that I may have. I always feel like I am the only patient that she has because I never feel rushed. Whenever I call her office the staff assist me and give my message to Dr. Weatherford or her nurse and the turnaround time is outstanding. The check-in and check-out staff is always pleasant and greet me with a smile.
in Henrico |
Dr Shannon is the most caring doctor I have ever had. I am in my mid 60's and that's saying a lot. Dr. Shannon take time with you. She treat you like you are the most important person in the world. She truly care about you as a person. I love her. Thanks to Dr Shanno care, and encouragement, I go to my scheduled appointments. Calling the office is easy and friendly staff. I have been seeing her for 15+ years. Women I encourage you to go see her, you will be glad you did.. Thanks Dr Shannon.
in Richmond, VA |
She is the best doctor I ever have seen. I have found her through the reviews. She is very friendly, calm, positive and answers your questions perfect. She is not in hurry at all and you feel valuable. I highly recommend her.
in New Kent, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is kind, competent and compassionate. I have switched doctors in the past out of sheer convenience and switched back immediately! Would definitely recommend her to any of my friends or family.
Henrico, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is simply wonderful. I've been a patient of hers for 10 years, and I love how she greats you with a warm smile at each visit. She's very knowledgeable, and makes it a habit to answer any question you have in great depth. I highly recommend her.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is a competent, kind, caring, informed doctor who takes the time needed to review your medical history and offer informative insight into your current needs. My questions were answered professionally as well as personally with compassion and kindness. I'm confident no matter what issue I have that she will help provide me with the best care and options possible. I highly recommend her!
in Richmond, VA |
I have been going to Dr Weatherford for a long time and I know I can be a difficult patient but she always works with me and takes her time to break down everything with me, she is also very knowledgeable and does not mind taking time out to explain symptoms to her patients.
Thank you for the kind words - we will be sure to share them with her!
in Richmond, VA |
I've been a patient here for 8 years and absolutely love the practice! Dr. Weatherford is always knowledge and answers all the many questions I have for her! Everyone is super friendly and helpful!
Richmond, VA |
I love going to Dr, Weatherford, she makes everything very easy to understand and a positive experience. I value her outlook on medicine as she never pushes unnecessary medical interventions. She always shoots it straight, is positive and realistic.
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is a caring doctor that takes time to hear your concerns. She also takes the time explain procedures and results. She took great care of my babies and me during both of my pregnancies and supportive after a miscarriage. feel like a I found a gem in the medical field.
Richmond, VA |
I've seen Dr. Weatherford since I was a teenager. I literally cannot recommend her enough. Her warmth always puts me at ease, and she has helped my navigate some especially trying times. Recently she performed a laparoscopic surgery to remove ovarian cysts. I was terrified but her and her team made the entire process painless. She takes the time to explain things thoroughly and never pushes procedures or things that are unnecessary.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr Weatherford is the most caring, sweet doctor there is. She listens to her patients concerns. She made me feel at ease through my entire pregnancy.
in Henrico VA |
I have had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Weatherford over the years. Followed her from another location. She and her staff are quick to respond to my concerns, have referred me to other great physicians as needed for my overall gynecological health. Kudos
Richmond, VA |
I love the staff .. everybody is so nice & pleaseng & PROMPT.. the office is so clean & very organized.. i will defly make them my primary care for me & my baby
Mechanicsville, VA |
I have been with Dr. Weatherford for years and recommend her to all of my friends.
in Bon Air, VA |
I've been seeing Dr Weatherford for nearly 20 years. She is deeply invested in the health and well-being of every one of her patients. I've recommended her to many people and she's even delivered some close friends' children. She was extremely compassionate during a difficult time in my life and spent time at my hospital bedside when I had no-one. She is an incredible doctor and a tribute to those before her who knew the importance of whole-patient care.
Glen Allen, VA |
Avoid her at all costs!! She is the absolute WORST physician that I have ever seen! She was combative during my entire visit, completely uncooperative, and downright offensive! And, I was PAYING her for her time. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!!! I will never go back to her or anyone in her practice again!
We are very sorry to hear about this and would like the opportunity to investigate the matter further. We encourage you to send us a private message with your contact information, or reach out to Wendy Anderson at 804-741-0440 so that we may discuss this issue.
Mechanicsville, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is great. I have been a patient for over 15 years and could not be happier. She has delivered my three children and helped me through some very difficult times. I trust her completely.
in Richmond, VA |
I absolutely can't say enough good things about Dr. Weatherford. I have recommended her to several friends and family members.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Weatherford made me feel very comfortable! I would highly recommend her. This is my first pregnancy look forward to having her as my obgyn throughout my pregnancy and beyond.
Mechanicsville, VA |
My obgyn doctor retired. Dr. Shannon Weatherford was part of the same practice. She has an extremely pleasant looking face:) Upon meeting her, she didn't disappoint my expectations--she was knowledgeable, confident, kind, courteous, and encouraging. I've only seen her once but happy.
I have been going to Dr. Weatherford for about 14 years. When I started with her I had not kept up with my annual checkups and was nervous to visit with any Doctor. That feeling went away once she sat down and starting talking to me. She was informative and factual. Most of all I felt so comfortable with her.
Elkhart, IN |
Knowledgeable, straightforward and very easy to talk with. I feel very comfortable with her and well-cared for when I leave the office.
Midlothian, VA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Weatherford! I've been going to this practice for almost 30 years. My doctor in the practice retired, so this was my first visit with Dr. Weatherford. She was absolutely delightful! I didn't feel rushed at all, she really took her time to get to know me!
in Richmond, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr Weatherford's for several years. She is a bright and competent physician. She takes the time necessary to address questions thoroughly and completely. She has a warm personality that puts me at ease.
in Richmond va |
Very rude when I called for help. Rushed me off the phone and acted as if I should not have bothered her.
We are sorry to hear this and truly value your feedback. Patient experience is important to us at OBGYN Associates, so we will make every effort to address any concerns you may have. Your comments have been shared with Laura Morello, Practice Manager. If you would like to speak with someone about this experience, please call Laura Morello at 804-742-0440.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Weatherford is absolutely wonderful. She is kind, caring, and listens to your concerns. I highly recommend her!
in Glen Allen, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. Weatherford for over a decade, I adore her! She is like family, very compassionate, professional, and knowledgeable. Wouldn't want to see anyone else.
in Richmond, VA |
She answers all my questions. I never feel rushed. My exam was so uneventful (which is a good thing) when I received the results in the mail, I forgot I'd even had one done. They have been pretty traumatic in the past with other doctors. I love her and would recommend her to everyone.
Glen Allen, VA |
She always takes time to listen and engage during office visits.
Have you seen Dr. Shannon Weatherford, MD?

Visit Dr. Weatherford

Dr. Weatherford accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Carelink PPO
  • Guardian
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO
  • WellPoint

Hospitals where Dr. Weatherford has admitting privileges

Henrico Doctors' Hospital
1602 Skipwith Rd
Richmond, VA 23229

More Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists like Dr. Weatherford at OBGYN Associates