Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD

30 Reviews
Dr. Johnson

Shannon Johnson MD PA

3901 Airport Fwy Ste 320 Bedford, TX 76021

Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Bedford, TX. She graduated from University Of South Alabama / College Of Medicine and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Johnson accepts

Dr. Johnson accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Johnson's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Johnson's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

2.4

Dr. Johnson?
Dr. Johnson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD
You don't tell a patient that they owe $40 and then change it after a few visits, where I owe you more! This was your fault, not mine! I should have known not to go to Shannon Johnson the first time, after seeing all the bad reviews!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
Saw Dr. Johnson for 6 plus years. Got to the point she just wanted to increase meds which didn't help at all. She stopping listening to me which made me find a new doctor. Found out I was on 700mg of antidepressants that I didn't need. Cut down to 100mg and starting to feel great. Be mindful when a doctor doesn't listen find one that will.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
Honestly, it saddens me to see all of these negative reviews. I was diagnosed with bipolar depression after being in a study during childhood. I was placed on Lithium as a result of that. Lithium may be a good choice for some, but the reality of that specific medication is that it is harsh on the body and organs. With the help of Dr. Johnson, not only was a given a safer medication, but for the first time I wasn’t being overly medicated. I went from 5 drugs for different things, to three. I was overly prescribed and a nobody to the psychiatrist before her. Now, after almost 10 years I am in the best place of my life. With her help. There may be a wait, but that comes with a doctor that cares and listens. I was diagnosed with postpartum, and she helped me through that with correct medication and therapy recommendations. The complaints are only from people looking for a quick fix. If you care about your wellbeing and health, she is perfect. Five stars always.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
Dr Johnson takes the time to listen to your issues. She isn't a pill pusher. Many people come in with their own idea of what they want to take and what they think their problem is. That is not how she works, she listens, then will diagnose. Her wait time can be long at times. I think she may overbook herself, but that is my only complaint.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
I am an 18 year old who suffers from severe anxiety attack’s. I had an anxiety attack in her office & the doctor refuses to listen and take me serious. She put me on anti-psychotics & rufesed to give me anything for anxiety, because when I was younger I abused xanax. This doctor doesn’t take patients serious & lacks a caring attitude
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
First visit. She actually listened to me. I've been to 5 phyc drs my whole life which has caused me to go back to one and stay lost. most would not listen to me. She does. My issues legal, civil, phycological, physical, so everwhelming. Thank you really Thank You
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
She wouldn't even put in the effort to "properly" diagnose me with postpartum depression or anything else for that matter. Why? Because that takes time, and EVERY appointment I have EVER had with this rude doctor I was waiting for an hour longer than i should have been because she is ALWAYS running behind and then rushing through my appointment because I WASNT A PRIORITY. 0 stars
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
The wait time is unbelievable. She has never been on time. I was just told by thr receptionist that if i reschedule my appointment that was supposed to be an hour ago, that they would charge me with a cancellation fee. Wven though its not my fault that shes running so late. Also, they tried charging me a $40 copay when they didnt have my insurance on file? How is that even possible. They always bill me since they dont know how to collect money properly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?
Receptionist is horrible and rude, I would NEVER give this business my money. Waited 2 months for an appointment for them to call and reschedule for 2 months later!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon Johnson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Johnson?

• Psychiatry