Dr. Shanker Dixit, MD

Dr. Shanker Dixit, MD

Neurology | Male

Dr. Shanker Dixit and his team of qualified nurses, assistants, and techs focus on the individual patient and their family to provide the best treatment and care. His office offers technology including EMG, EEG, ambulatory video EEG and evoked potentials. There is a new state-of-the-art infusion center for treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, CIDP, and some other auto-immune conditions. Some patients may qualify for participation in clinical trials for Alzheimer's.

Some of the conditions treated at the Neurology Center of Las Vegas include seizures, strokes, Parkinson's, migraines, headaches, dizziness, cognitive problems, dementia, neck and back pain, neuromuscular diseases, peripheral neuropathy and multiple sclerosis. Botox therapy for spasticity, dystonia, blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm and chronic migraines is also available.

Dr. Dixit graduated with his Doctorate in Medicine from Maulana Azad Medical College in New Delhi, India. He completed his Neurology Residency Program, Fellowship in Clinical Neurophysiology, and Fellowship in Clinical Stroke at the University of Wisconsin Hospital. He is Board Certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology. He is highly trained in Epilepsy, Stroke and Cerebrovascular diseases. He is a respected member of the American Academy of Neurology. During his years as a fellow and a staff neurologist, Dr. Dixit trained medical students and neurology residents. He has also completed original research on various neurological disease states. He has held the position of Assistant Professor of Medicine, Neurology Division, for the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Regional Director for the Veterans Administration Parkinson's Disease Research Center, and Medical Director for the Comprehensive Epilepsy Program at Sunrise Hospital. Dr. Dixit's research has been published in various national and international journals. He is a nationally recognized speaker on Epilepsy, Headache and Stroke.

Dr. Dixit's Experience

See how Dr. Dixit's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dixit

Dr. Dixit accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Dixit has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dixit's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dixit to family and friends
    3.4
    Dr. Dixit Says:

This is Dr. Dixit Responding to the Review on 03/03/16

We do not know who you may be, nor the basis for your claims because you did not include details of your experience in our office. If you are indeed a patient of this office, please give us a call. We would be happy to speak with you and address your concerns.

Dr. Dixit's Performance
    Las Vegas, NV |
    Dr. Dixit is an excellent doctor. He always greets me with a smile on his face. My first visit after a bit he told me he was sure I have MS but had to do some tests to confirm. He spends all the time necessary to answer all questions and to explore treatment options. I am so thankful he is my doctor as he makes me feel at ease with a difficult diagnosis. Thank you Dr Dixit and all of your wonderful staff. I really love your office!
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Dixit is a good doctor. I do recommend him to other people. Maria is fantastic!
    in las vegas, NV |
    Estoy muy contenta del doctor y de las personas que he tenido contacto aqui este dia .
    in Las Vegas Nevada |
    Dr. Dixit has always been very kind and compassionate when he has addressed my concerns. He answers all my questions thoroughly without making me feel dumb. He's a wonderful doctor.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Dr. Dixit is a good doctor. I do recommend him to other people. He is very help
    Amazing service
    Livingston, NJ |
    I felt like he didn't listen or have any concern. I'm sure he has much more serious patients than me, but I'm terrified. I tried to fax in results from some follow up testing and was told he won't look at it without an appointment. I do have one. In mid-April to check for stroke activity. Because I want to wait almost 2 months to find out if I've had strokes? In the 3 minutes he spent with me, he poked me with some toothpicks and left. I was devastated and felt dicarded.
    Las Vegas, NV |
    Stay away from this doctor. I've had several neurological workups, EMGs & Nerve Conduction Studies done in the past, so I know from experience what they are supposed to be like. During my first appt he tapped my elbows & knees to check for reflexes (4 taps total) & then left the room! He spent less than 5 min with me & barely spoke to me. My follow up for my Nerve Conduction Test was the same. He spent less than 5 min. The way he treats his patients is unethical to say the least.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    What a wonderful doctor - kind, compassionate, genuinely listens and tries his best to help. Ten out of ten if that was an option, as well as Allison Matilla, Nurse Practitioner. Sincerely, Michael C Kirk
    Downey, CA |
    I would recommend Dr. Dixit, he's good at what he does.
    in Las Vegas |
    Good bedside manner
    Las Vegas, NV |
    What a horrible office! Dr Dixit doesn't listen to symptoms and just tries to give you pills and get you out the door. His staff never sends over referrals like they say they're going to and apparently they terminated me a few days ago for no reason, because I kept calling to make sure referrals were sent because they haven't been? Truly the worst doctor's office I've ever been to.
    Las Vegas, NV |
    I would give this Clinic is 0 if I could. His staff couldn't fill out a return-to-work form properly. Dr Dixit didn't bother to review my case before I came in for follow-ups and he blatantly refused to fill out paperwork for my employer. They failed at sending over referrals to the Mayo Clinic as well as prescriptions to my Pharmacy. Dixit didn't listen to me regarding my symptoms. I called every single day until they finally looked at my MRI. I wouldn't recommend that my worst enemy go here.
    Las Vegas, NV |
    Everyone was kind and helpful and Dr Dixit was especially kind and knowledgeable.
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Everyone in the office was very helpful & friendly. Dr. Dixit answered all our questions & gave us options of what we could do to help our mom. We will be seeing him again
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    Professional, courteous, friendly and competent
    in Henderson, NV |
    Professionalism and care were the things I recognized right away. Nice staff and Dr. Dixit was easy to talk to and very competent, caring and made sure I understood my diagnosis and what to expect for upcoming visits.
    in Las Vegas NV. |
    My wife has seen Dr. Dixit for 25 years. Since he was at the school of Medicine. I personally would not trust her with anyone else. I personally feel he has saved her life. David Easton
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    After 5 years of casting about for diagnosis and multiple specialties, Allison Mattila was able to identify and diagnose my problem and recommend a course of action. She is an amazing doctor and person. Camilla Cheater has been caring, available to address concerns and act as an conduit for information from Matilla between appointments and cares about the medical and emotional well-being of her infusion patients. Going to the office has become much like visiting friends, not a cold drs office
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    dr dixit is the best he has saved my life more then one time .I tell everyone I know that he is the best I also am on facebook on the epilepsy page were I can talk other people with epilepsy there are people who are having a hard time finding a dr that thay know will help them and trust dr dixit is the only one that I trust with my life
    in Las Vegas, NV |
    This doctor is a crook, he's not concerned about patients health, only about filling up his pockets. Do not trust him!
    Have you seen Dr. Shanker Dixit, MD?
    Are you Dr. Dixit?

Dr. Dixit says...

He is Board Certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology.  He is highly trained in Epilepsy, Stroke and Cerebrovascular diseases. He is a respected member of the American Academy of Neurology.

During his years as a fellow and a staff neurologist, Dr. Dixit trained medical students and neurology residents. He has also completed original research on various neurological disease states.  He has held the position of Assistant Professor of Medicine, Neurology Division, for the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Regional Director for the Veterans Administration Parkinson's Disease Research Center, and Medical Director for the Comprehensive Epilepsy Program at Sunrise Hospital.

Dr. Dixit's Care Philosophy

Specialized Services

IV Infusion Center: staffed by an experienced RN for intravenous therapies such as IVIG, Tysabri

Vagal Nerve Stimulation (VNS): activation and adjustmentRefractory Epilepsy

Deep Brain Stimulator (DBS): activation and adjustmentParkinson's disease, Essential tremor

Botox Injections:

– Chronic Migraine– Cervical Dystonia– Hemifacial spasm and blepharospasm– Spasticity – MS, Stroke

Research Trials:

We are currently recruiting Alzheimer Dementia subjects for clinical drug trials sponsored by pharmaceutical companies.

Medico-legal Services:

ConsultationsIndependent Medical Examination (IME)Personal Injury casesExpert WitnessRecords review

Dr. Dixit says...

Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)

Electroencephalography (EEG)

Video EEG

Evoked Potentials

Transcranial Doppler (TCD)

Carotid Ultrasound

Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)

This is Dr. Dixit Responding to the Review on 03/03/16

Dr. Dixit's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Dixit has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dixit's Board Certifications

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
    • Cerebral Palsy
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Chiari's Deformity
    • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
    • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
    • Insomnia
    • Leukodystrophy
    • Meningiomas
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Myoclonus
    • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
    • Nerve Diseases
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Nerve Sheath Tumors
    • Polyneuropathy
    • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
    • Post-Concussion Syndrome
    • Postherpetic Neuralgia
    • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
    • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
    • Restless Leg Syndrome
    • Seizure Disorders
    • Sleep Disorders
    • Spina Bifida
    • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
    • Stiff-Man Syndrome
    • Stroke
    • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
    • Subdural Hemorrhage
    • Syncope
    • Tension Headache
    • Thrombosis
    • Tic Disorders
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Traumatic Brain Injury

University Of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics

Completed in 2000

• Hindi
    • Tagalog

Dr. Dixit does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dixit and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• Electrodiagnostic Procedure
    • Evoked Potential Test
    • Nerve Conduction Studies
    • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
    • Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SSEP)
    • Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)