Psychiatry  |
Dr. Shankar Rao, MD
Dr. Shankar Rao, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 82 years old and has been practicing for 53 years.

5000 Cedar Plaza Pkwy Ste 350

Saint Louis, MO 63128

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Rao

See how frequently Dr. Rao performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Major Depressive Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Rao's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Rao does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Bangalore Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1964

Dr. Rao has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rao has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rao does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rao and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rao's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rao to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Rao's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Fenton, MO |
Dr. Rao is great!!Dr. Rao took time to get to know me and my condiditiom and has been treating me for the past 4 years very well. I also see a therapist. I like that Dr Rao is efficient and effective. He has always been very kind and caring. Staff is a bit rough to work with and slow. I don't understand the other reviews on this website. If seeing a psychiatrist is the only type of mental health self-care you do, then I could see how DR. Rao wouldn't be a good fit. But he is great for me.
St. Louis, MO |
Absolutely the worst psychiatrist you could have, unless your only purpose is to be in and out in under 5 minutes with a prescription. Doesn't bother to remember anything about the patient and has no business treating mental health patients. I once expressed concerns over my medication and he responded with "depression is a part of life." It took almost a year for him to get a change. It was a year of misery. Wish I could rate zero stars.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Rao was very unprofessional & only gave me 3-4 minutes per session. He would not fill out legal documentation for a medicine that made me sleep drive. I told him how important it was to fill out my legal documentation (not against him but to help my case) & he said he would have to discharge me. because he had too many patients. I would NOT recommend him to my friends as this has now started to consume my life trying to figure out how to get a better psychiatrist.
in St. Louis, Missouri |
This "doctor" is disgusting. He didn't introduce himself or even seem to know my name. We went into a loud smelly office and he just gave me a perscription for a refill. Not once did he ask me how the medications have been working. And what really shocked me, that in a office specializing in mental health, he proceeded to guess my weight right in front of me. "250 pounds? 260? 290?" I weigh 170. Unbelievable experience. DO NOT see this horrible doctor.
Fenton, MO |
Very unprofessional and unethical. He demonstrates no compassion for patients and has inappropriate methods and advice.
Have you seen Dr. Shankar Rao, MD?
Are you Dr. Rao?