Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM

19 Reviews
Dr. Perkins

Pioneer Podiatry

10 West St # 7 West Hatfield, MA 01088

Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM is a podiatric surgery specialist in West Hatfield, MA. She specializes in podiatric surgery and podiatric foot & ankle surgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Clean hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. See hospitals

Dr. Perkins accepts

Dr. Perkins accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Special Needs Plan SNP
Private HealthCare Systems
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Perkins' experience treating your condition or procedure

2.7

Dr. Perkins?
Dr. Perkins' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM
I felt like Dr. Perkins was uninterested in answering any questions, like my appointment as an something to be got through. I did ask anything it was as if I was creating a problem. It just felt unfriendly and it made it very hard to get the information I needed. Since this appointment was out of network to me it was like I wasted $100.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
If you want to be talked AT go to Dr Perkins. I do not recommend her at all. Answered a question I never asked. Did not help. In her own space not able to listen or relate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
Didn’t spend any time actually examining me before trying to prescribe orthotics. I didnt feel like I was getting real medical care and advice - more as if I was an inconvenience and a possible sucker that may buy their product - their orthotics. I left this appointment with the same questions I had going in and didn’t feel like I made any progress in addressing my issue whatsoever. I will not go here again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
Dr. Perkins is knowledgeable, yet her bedside manner needs a lot of work. She spoke "at" me. She is what I might term a "refrigerator doctor." Cold, uninterested, visibly uninvolved, professorial. No warmth, no connection to patient. It may have been what I expect (and not others), so I do not want to say, do not go. But she needs to work on her manner. This is obviously a young woman who has worked hard to get where she is (she knows her stuff). But the manner needs work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
Went to see Dr. Perkins because of bunion. She took some x-rays but didn't examine my foot (even though the last time I saw her was over a year ago). She suggested orthotics and surgery. I wasn't feeling totally comfortable so I pursued a 2nd opinion from an orthopedic surgeon. I was surprised to find that he didn't agree with her on some key areas. Turns out that I DON'T have flat feet, orthotics wouldn't be beneficial and I'm not ready for surgery. Bottom line - ALWAYS get a second opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
Bad practice, unprofessional doctor. Officious, unethical, interested in selling their own products, not prescribing things that work. Did not examine my foot, looked at it from several feet away. Their non-prescription med did not work at all. I will never see them again and never recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
I am so pleased with Dr. Perkins' care that I find myself recommending her, any time I have an opportunity to do so. From the initial 2 hour consultation, when she presented all of my options and made sure I made my own surgical choice, to her unwillingness to be pinned down on time frames she cannot accurately predict, I trust every detail of her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
Dr. Perkins is wonderful! Had professionalism not been an issue, I would've hugged her after my procedure. She addressed an ingrown toenail for me. I've been through the procedure twice before and was nervous about the pain I anticipated. She took time to ask me what would make me feel more comfortable during the procedure. She tilted the chair back so I couldn't see what she was doing and, on my request, made small talk with me the whole time so I couldn't focus on what she was doing to my foot
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
She ruined my foot! Poured too much medicine on my wound which burnt and blistered the surrounding skin! Haven't been able to walk or do daily activities properly. Can't wear footwear without pain. The cream she prescribed for her mistake (that I had to pay for!?) doesn't even work. It's been seven weeks and skin is still blistering!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?
A friendly, knowledgeable, experienced surgeon. Have already recommended her to others!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaneekwa Perkins, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Perkins?

• Podiatric Surgery
  • Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Perkins treats patients.

66% Patient experience rating, 3% lower than the national average