Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Shane Nho, MD
Dr. Shane Nho, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Westchester, IL. He has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Nho is affiliated with Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush University Medical Center.

Prairie Medical Center of Westchester

2450 Wolf Rd Ste F

Westchester, IL 60154

Learn about Dr. Nho

My specialty is in sports medicine, but I specialize is arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the hip, shoulder and knee. Coming from a sports background, I think most people - or myself - I was very interested in trying to maintain a very healthy and active lifestyle. And having injuries in the past makes you understand what people are struggling with when they can't do things that they want to do. One of my areas of interest is in the hip, and there's a lot of new development going on in hip arthroscopy and hip reconstructive surgery. And so a lot of our research focuses on trying to understand the anatomy, mechanics, and function of the hip joint. And being here, there's a lot of different labs and professors who are experts in their field that have allowed us to be able to bring some of that knowledge into the operating room and provide our patients with the most up-to-date and cutting-edge research treatments available for them.

Dr. Nho's Experience

Dr. Nho's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus

• Hip Replacement
  • Hip Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
  • Hospital For Special Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Nho has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nho does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nho and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

View Video

Dr. Nho's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nho to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Nho's Performance
in SCHAUMBURG |
Dr. Nho is one of the best specialists I have ever met in my life. He gave me back my life an my trust into medicine! Thanks to Dr. Nho my life back to normal, got my healthy hip back and I am running again which was the main reason going under surgery with him. If I am asked who is the best surgeon in Chicago, without any doubt I would recommend Dr. Nho and his team as a number 1 with very professional and caring approach to each patient's individual needs. Thank you!
Oak Park, IL |
I saw Dr. Nho for a second opinion after a failed hip scope by another surgeon. Dr. Nho initially recommended a revision, but completely understood my apprehension, given my first experience. He was more than willing to try more conservative approaches with me, never once pushing me towards surgery. I ultimately ended up having Dr. Nho perform the revision and I could not be happier! Hip scopes are extremely complex, as well as their recovery and rehab. I would only trust Dr. Nho and his team!!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Nho provides the best balance of care without jumping into surgery first. He has a very professional and caring approach to each patient's individual needs. His staff is supportive and very responsive! Thanks Sara!! Highly recommend!
in Munster, IN |
As an individual who works in health care, I tend to have high expectations. Dr Nho exceeded all of them; therefore I chose him to operate on my hip to repair a FAI/Labral Tear. I followed his protocol exactly as suggested and found the total experience to be way better than anticipated. I had minimal discomfort and a quicker recovery than expected. I was able to return to work and exercise program without any restrictions. No one likes surgery, but if needed Dr. Nho should be your #1 choice.
in Bluffton, SC |
After years of suffering severe hip pain that other doctors had diagnosis and treated as bursitis and referred pain from lumbar stenosis, Dr. Nho quickly diagnosed a gluteus medius detachment (e.g., rotator cuff tear of the hip), which he repaired. I now have zero pain and a full range of motion that allows me to walk, bike, squat, do leg presses of 100 pounds. Dr. Nho and his staff are all highly competent, caring and compassionate and available professionals.
Woodridge, IL |
Dr Nho and his team did a fantastic job repairing my hip. I am back to running!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Nho performed my hip arthroscopy to repair a labral tear. He's straightforward and has a very simple, clear-cut recovery process. Every part of my procedure with his team was easy. My surgery went well and had little to no pain post-op. I can't say enough positive things about the experience. I think the part of their process I appreciate most is the follow-up surveys sent to my email that allow his team to see my improvements without requiring additional co-pays and visits
Dr Nho has the personality of a corpse.. Left out of the room with say goodbye and failed to get me any directives regarding my next step. For now I wouldn't recommend him, however I am going to give him another try before I make my final decision on whether I want to continue treatment with him!
Have you seen Dr. Shane Nho, MD?
Are you Dr. Nho?