Dr. Shane Martin, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 47

Dr. Martin

Greater Phoenix Orthopedics

18700 N 64th Dr Ste 105 Glendale, AZ 85308

Dr. Shane Martin, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Glendale, AZ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arrowhead Campus and Abrazo Scottsdale Campus. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Martin to book an appointment.

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Martin

90.65420560747664%

Dr. Martin?
  • Office environment (94)
  • Staff friendliness (94)
  • Appointment scheduling (92)
  • Long wait times (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
Today (November 9, 2020) is the two year anniversary of when you did my right total hip replacement. I wanted to bring you up to date on my progress. I have been a serious cyclist for 50 years. This morning I bicycled 51.8 miles. I am 66 years old now, and, as of today, I have bicycled 7,059.97 miles in the two years since my operation. This includes 123,780.8 feet of vertical ascent. My hip works beautifully! It is as if it never happened. I have no after effects and full range of motion. This operation is truly a miracle of modern medicine! I cannot thank you enough for giving me my life back. I have recommended you to several friends and will continue to do so to anyone I meet who needs a hip replacement. You do fantastic work!!! Thank you again. You are the best!
Michael L – Nov 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr. Shane Martin is the Man. Period. I’m a 54 year old ex athlete weighing 360 lbs.. My right knee went bone on bone 2 years ago . After many injections of all types and other surgeons telling me to go lose weight with my insanely painful knee before they would consider surgery, I was extremely lucky to be referred to Dr. Martin. I had Makoplasty ( partial knee) replacement 3 weeks after my initial consultation. It has now been 4 weeks since my surgery and I am a new person. Motoring up and down stairs , swimming laps, and starting my golf game back up. If you need a Miracle in your life go see Dr. Shane Martin and his incredible , caring staff. Enough said!!
Kevin L. – Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I had a Partial Knee Replacement last week. I had my 1 week follow up today and we are so pleased with my recovery. I am walking, walking on the elliptical, doing all my prescribed excercises. The goal is to be back to walking the canal 2 miles, a couple times a day. I had a Makoplasty partial knee replacement performed by Dr. Shane Martin. Look him up if you are done with injections, you are still in pain but your knee is not bad enough for a complete replacement. Dr Shane Martin is the guy you need to talk to before you suffer needlessly.
Peggy Lavigne – Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
My experience was great. Office & surgery personal we’re very professional & pleasant throughout my care. Dr. Martin was informative & answered all of my questions plus surgery was much easier than I expected. I would highly recommend him anytime!!
Connie Honken – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Excellent care from everyone involved in this practice. Treated with kindness and respect and all procedures were carefully explained to me. Dr. Martin truly cares about his patients as do his amazing staff.
Debra L Stahl – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I am a healthcare provider so I understand this business is all about customer service. Dr. Martin and his staff get this. They are all very personable and knowledgeable. If I could give my experience with them more stars I would. Of course Dr. Martin is technically sound and the Makoplasty is the most precise joint replacement method around. I literally had the surgery and walked out of the facility 2 hours later with very little to no pain. Now 2 months later I am back to doing all the activities I want but without the regular hip pain. Thank you Dr. Martin, Alyssa and all the staff for making what is easily the scariest thing I have been through as pleasant as possible.
Mark H. – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I myself am a physician so have some basis to compare how medical care is delivered. My experience with Dr. Martin (total knee replacement) was overall a 5 star experience, particularly compared to a more traditional similar surgery done on other knee (by another physician) 5 years ago. Technically, everything worked as advertised; much more mobility, quicker recovery, less interference with normal activities. During the whole process I had contact with both offices; the office and clinical staff are caring, informed, responsive, and pleasant folks with whom to deal. I am now out of knees to fix, so will keep Dr. Martin's contact info in my database as I track how old hips fare over the next few years. He's a good guy, does good work, and has good people working with him. Highly recommended.
Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
One of the best surgery experiences I have ever had. Dr martins whole staff is first class. I will reccomend to anyone needing his servixes.
James Swift – Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Feb 2017: At 55 and 215 lbs with a very athletic lifestyle, (racquetball 3x a week, weight lifting, aggressive wake boarder / snow boarder) everything changed for me while on a snowboarding trip. I tore a big hole through my cartilage in my femur on the medial side of my left knee. After 2 years of intense pain, limping, swelling & pure misery which included PT x2, 6 injections, a Bregs brace – basically giving up my active life, I began the search for the right Dr. to repair my knee. In two years I visited 3 very well known Drs in Phoenix with everything from "you need a whole knee" to "lets try stem cell". Answer to Prayer came from a good RB friend that successfully had his knee partially replaced 3 months earlier by Dr Martin. I called for an appt and they miraculously fit me in the next day! 2.5 weeks later I had the surgery – 6 months later (today) feeling 100% better. Walking 3 miles a day now & riding my bike with NO PAIN. Dr Martin & staff are AMAZING- 100 stars for them!
Chris Meyer – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr Martin is an Excellent Surgeon. I would recommend Dr Martin for these good reasons. Very Professional and yet Personable. Answer questions honestly and was very reassuring before and after surgery. The staff was excellent, courteous and knowledgeable.
Wade Herter in Scottsdale, AZ – Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr, Martin replaced my right hip. It has been the best experience and he advised me every step of the way on what to expect and what to do. We would highly recommend Dr. Martin and his staff to anyone needing a hip or knee. They have been the most professional and personable to deal with we have ever had in our lives.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
After a meniscus tear in my left knee in 2013, the surgeon explained what bad shape my knee was in. I went looking for the right orthopedic surgeon to take me into the future and found Dr. Martin. I started injections in both knees in 2014. Dr. Martin is so kind and answers all questions and you never feel rushed. I love the entire staff! Everyone is invested in helping you on your journey for your best knee health. In Fall 2018, my right knee was bone on bone and it was an easy decision to have Dr. Martin perform a partial knee replacement using Mako Robotic-Arm technology. My recovery has been simply amazing and I am doing all of my favorite things again. One day my left knee will be bone on bone and it will be any easy decision again. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr. Martin recently performed a complete right hip replacement on me and I had a fantastic experience with him & each member of his outstanding staff. It's still hard to fathom how fast I am recovering and of course it is wonderful to be rid of the pain I experienced for nearly a year. Dr. Martin described the surgery completely and his surgical team could not have been more effective or professional. I give my most enthusiastic recommendation to Dr. Martin if you require a hip replacement.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I had both my knees done by Dr. Martin. He is kind and patient, he listens to you. If you need your knees worked on may I recommend this guy. The staff is wonderful.
Tedy Burton in Buckeye, AZ – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr. Martin, in fact his entire staff, are some of the very best healthcare professionals I have been exposed to in my 63 years. Very clear, very caring, very efficient, extremely positive. One of the few healthcare providers I have run across these days that really does put the patient first in word and in action. The entire practice is unified in the "patient first" mentality. I highly Dr. Martin and the entire practice
Scottsdale, AZ – Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Had PKR knee surgery with Dr. Martin in Dec. 2018. He was recommended by my otho Dr. as one of the top choices for procedures using the Mako robot. These procedures give better results and faster recovery than traditional knee and hip replacement surgeries. Dr. Martin talks about your procedure, likely outcome, and post op expectations in 'normal' language that you can understand and he takes the time to answer any/all questions you may have.
Scottsdale – Feb 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr Martin is the best, no doubt! He performed partial knee replacements on both my knees. The surgeries went better than expected, recovery was much better than expected, and the overall experience with Dr Martin and his staff was much better than I have ever experienced with any other surgeon. I am pain free for the first time in decades, and owe it all to him.
Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful doctor! Born with a hip disorder, I needed to get both hips replaced at age 57. I had my first surgery on Nov. 14 and my second on Dec. 12. I walked out of the hospital two hours after surgery, was walking without a cane/walker the next day, and riding a stationary bike two days later. I had no pain, and my recovery was amazing! Dr. Martin has a great bedside manner, and the scars are minimal. I would highly recommend Dr. Martin to everyone.
Diane L. in Scottsdale – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Excellent surgeon and staff. Very caring and communicative. Very pleased and would highly recommend.
Surprise, AZ – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
After interviewing 5 surgeons and researching highly rated hospitals I made the decision to have hip replacement surgery with Dr. Martin. I could not be happier and have told everyone I know about my successful hip replacement surgery. I've been up walking from day one without a walker, cane or pain meds. Before surgery I was in excellent physical shape which goes a long way in how your recovery will progress. Dr. Martin is a highly skilled surgeon with a caring staff to back him up.
Jane - Honolulu in Honolulu, HI – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Martin?

Dr. Martin's practice is focused on helping patients return to a more active and healthy lifestyle. He regularly lectures in the community about the treatment...Read more

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery