Dr. Shane Martin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Martin

Greater Phoenix Orthopedics

18700 N 64th Dr Ste 105 Glendale, AZ 85308

Dr. Shane Martin, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Glendale, AZ and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Martin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Martin

Dr. Martin?
Dr. Martin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shane Martin, MD
I am a healthcare provider so I understand this business is all about customer service. Dr. Martin and his staff get this. They are all very personable and knowledgeable. If I could give my experience with them more stars I would. Of course Dr. Martin is technically sound and the Makoplasty is the most precise joint replacement method around. I literally had the surgery and walked out of the facility 2 hours later with very little to no pain. Now 2 months later I am back to doing all the activities I want but without the regular hip pain. Thank you Dr. Martin, Alyssa and all the staff for making what is easily the scariest thing I have been through as pleasant as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I myself am a physician so have some basis to compare how medical care is delivered. My experience with Dr. Martin (total knee replacement) was overall a 5 star experience, particularly compared to a more traditional similar surgery done on other knee (by another physician) 5 years ago. Technically, everything worked as advertised; much more mobility, quicker recovery, less interference with normal activities. During the whole process I had contact with both offices; the office and clinical staff are caring, informed, responsive, and pleasant folks with whom to deal. I am now out of knees to fix, so will keep Dr. Martin's contact info in my database as I track how old hips fare over the next few years. He's a good guy, does good work, and has good people working with him. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
One of the best surgery experiences I have ever had. Dr martins whole staff is first class. I will reccomend to anyone needing his servixes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Feb 2017: At 55 and 215 lbs with a very athletic lifestyle, (racquetball 3x a week, weight lifting, aggressive wake boarder / snow boarder) everything changed for me while on a snowboarding trip. I tore a big hole through my cartilage in my femur on the medial side of my left knee. After 2 years of intense pain, limping, swelling & pure misery which included PT x2, 6 injections, a Bregs brace – basically giving up my active life, I began the search for the right Dr. to repair my knee. In two years I visited 3 very well known Drs in Phoenix with everything from "you need a whole knee" to "lets try stem cell". Answer to Prayer came from a good RB friend that successfully had his knee partially replaced 3 months earlier by Dr Martin. I called for an appt and they miraculously fit me in the next day! 2.5 weeks later I had the surgery – 6 months later (today) feeling 100% better. Walking 3 miles a day now & riding my bike with NO PAIN. Dr Martin & staff are AMAZING- 100 stars for them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr Martin is an Excellent Surgeon. I would recommend Dr Martin for these good reasons. Very Professional and yet Personable. Answer questions honestly and was very reassuring before and after surgery. The staff was excellent, courteous and knowledgeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr, Martin replaced my right hip. It has been the best experience and he advised me every step of the way on what to expect and what to do. We would highly recommend Dr. Martin and his staff to anyone needing a hip or knee. They have been the most professional and personable to deal with we have ever had in our lives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
After a meniscus tear in my left knee in 2013, the surgeon explained what bad shape my knee was in. I went looking for the right orthopedic surgeon to take me into the future and found Dr. Martin. I started injections in both knees in 2014. Dr. Martin is so kind and answers all questions and you never feel rushed. I love the entire staff! Everyone is invested in helping you on your journey for your best knee health. In Fall 2018, my right knee was bone on bone and it was an easy decision to have Dr. Martin perform a partial knee replacement using Mako Robotic-Arm technology. My recovery has been simply amazing and I am doing all of my favorite things again. One day my left knee will be bone on bone and it will be any easy decision again. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr. Martin recently performed a complete right hip replacement on me and I had a fantastic experience with him & each member of his outstanding staff. It's still hard to fathom how fast I am recovering and of course it is wonderful to be rid of the pain I experienced for nearly a year. Dr. Martin described the surgery completely and his surgical team could not have been more effective or professional. I give my most enthusiastic recommendation to Dr. Martin if you require a hip replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
I had both my knees done by Dr. Martin. He is kind and patient, he listens to you. If you need your knees worked on may I recommend this guy. The staff is wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?
Dr. Martin, in fact his entire staff, are some of the very best healthcare professionals I have been exposed to in my 63 years. Very clear, very caring, very efficient, extremely positive. One of the few healthcare providers I have run across these days that really does put the patient first in word and in action. The entire practice is unified in the "patient first" mentality. I highly Dr. Martin and the entire practice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shane Martin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Martin?

Dr. Martin's practice is focused on helping patients return to a more active and healthy lifestyle. He regularly lectures in the community about the treatment of arthritis and is committed to educating patients about their disease and the most curren...

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2001
2000
1995

Dr. Martin accepts

Dr. Martin accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Assurant Health
Coventry Health Care
Health Net
Health Net PPO
Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
Health Net of Arizona HMO
Tricare
PacifiCare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check Dr. Martin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Martin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Osteoarthritis

Dr. Martin treats Osteoarthritis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Martin treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Wed: closed
    • Thu: closed
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Martin treats patients.

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)

67% Patient experience rating, 2% lower than the national average