Dr. Shamsher Lakhian, MD

Dr. Shamsher Lakhian, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

ENDOCRINE ASSOCIATES OF DALLAS 10260 N Central Expy Ste 100 Dallas, TX 75231 Get Directions

Dr. Shamsher Lakhian, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Dallas, TX. She is 59 years old. Dr. Lakhian is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano.

Dr. Lakhian's Experience

See how Dr. Lakhian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lakhian

Dr. Lakhian accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lakhian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lakhian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lakhian to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Lakhian's Performance
    GOOD
in Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Lakhian was a fine doctor and her office has some great diabetes educators. My experience with the office staff at Endocrine Associates has been terrible. I was not told that they no longer carry my insurance until two office visits later and was given a $500+ bill. Every person I talked to in the office was rude and was quick to pass me to another employee or answering machine (Even before I owed them money). I would NOT recommend this office to anyone. Worst office staff I have ever met.
Wylie, TX |
I had a very bad experience with this dr. She has horrible bedside manners . I've been through several hardships ( losing both my parents and my only daughter to cancer ) making the move down here from South Texas was not easy either . She made my visit even more miserable . There are plenty of Drs out there that take pride in what they do and don't make you feel as i if they are the one and only available in their expertise . I sure appreciate all my Drs past and present , sadly not this one
Richardson, TX |
She guided me through hyper and hypo thyroidism, during 2 separate pregnancies, including twins. She's always willing to listen, and treats you as if she has all the time in the world.
Ft Worth, TX |
After radioactive iodine treatment Dr. Lakhian did not catch my thyroid when it was back within normal range I have now spent 2 years unsuccessfully trying to bring it back up to normal range and was discharged from her office without any notice at all. I was a cash patient forced to buy a $350 medication I couldn't even take because they overlooked my liver problems that they diagnosed in the first place. They destroyed my health then refused to see me as a patient. Worst experience of my life.
Plano, TX |
Dr. Lakhian and her stuff are very friendly and helpful, they had always made me feel being taking care of. I trust them very much. The only negative thing I had sometimes experienced was the wait could be a bit long.
Dallas, TX |
Dr Lakhian is the most caring and thorough endocrinologist in Dallas. I could not be happier with her.
Plano, TX |
Personable, knowledgeable and takes the time to listen.
Allen, TX |
Dr. Lakhian is very knowledgeable and the office environment is nice. Wait time is unacceptable. My wait was always 30 minutes for the first one in the morning. My husband usually waited over an hour for an afternoon appointment, and had to leave once without being seen because he had to get back to work. They still charged us for our co-pay & I had to call them to request it be refunded. When i mentioned my husband's wait time to Dr Lakhian, she said that's good, wait is usually 2 hours!
Plano, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Lakhian for over 10 years. She has always treated me with care and compassion. I feel like the level of medical care I receive is excellent and that Dr. Lakhian stays current with the latest treatment options.
in Mckinney, TX |
Dr. Lakhian is a very warm and wonderful doctor. She will spend all the time necessary to explain all your medical issues and solutions to you. She truly cares about you and your health.
in Plano, TX |
I really love her and her staff. Went above and beyond to reassure me.
Leander, TX |
I really like and trust Dr. Lakhian. I have found it a challenge to get a person to talk with by phone.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Lakhian is highly knowledgeable in her field. I have been a patient of hers since she came to our area. I trust her completely. She has a very personable demeanor.
in Plano, TX |
Have been seeing Dr Lakhian for several years. Would certainly highly recommend her to any one I know. Only have a once a year appointment and always enjoy visiting with her. She recommended an excellent surgeon when I needed thyroid surgery. Have never needed an urgent appointment. Have recommended her to friends.
Dallas, TX |
I saw Dr. Lakhian for several years, during which I had to wait 30 minutes to an hour each time. Additionally, the doctor finally dismissed me because I complained about being rescheduled days before an appointment I had scheduled months in advance. Finally, the office refused to renew a prescription, but continues to call me to schedule appointments despite my having asked them not to! Getting through to anyone at the office is a chore due to their answering system.
Have you seen Dr. Shamsher Lakhian, MD?
Are you Dr. Lakhian?

Compare Dr. Lakhian

Dr. Lakhian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Lakhian has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lakhian's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Guru Nanak Dev Med School

Dr. Lakhian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lakhian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism