Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery  |
Dr. Shaminder Bhullar, MD
Originally from Calgary, Canada, Dr. Bhullar received his medical degree at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio. He completed his ophthalmology training at the Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. He further sub-specialized in treating diseases of the retina at South Texas Retina Consultants and completed his vitreoretinal fellowship at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Outside of the office Dr. Bhullar enjoys the outdoors, sports, and spending time with his young family.

1911 Manatee Ave E Ste 101

Bradenton, FL 34208

• AARP
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MCM Maxcare

Learn about Dr. Bhullar

See how frequently Dr. Bhullar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration
high
Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
high

Dr. Bhullar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bhullar "Dr. Bhullar is passionate about providing his patients the highest quality of care, with the compassion and respect they deserve. By using the latest advances in science and technology we are able to make diagnoses at earlier stages, leading to instituting earlier treatments and improved outcomes. "

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Chorioretinitis
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Retinal Surgery
  • Retinal Testing
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• South Texas Retina Consultants
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • University Of Florida-Gainesville
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Bhullar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bhullar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bhullar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bhullar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bhullar to family and friends
Dr. Bhullar's Performance
Bradenton, FL |
This was my first visit with Dr. Bhullar and he was pleasant, knowledgable and explained what he was doing.
Jamestown |
I was out of town on a work assignment and at the end of a presentation, I was suddenly unable to see through my left eye. I called Dr. Bhullar's office and was immediately comforted by the wonderful receptionist who made an emergency appointment to get me in right away. The doctor and his expert staff were exceptional I was relieved to find out that the diagnosis was a non-vision-threatening condition called PVD. I would highly recommend this practice.
in Sarasota, FL |
Today was my first appointment with Dr. Shaminder Bhullar and I cannot tell you how excited I am to have been referred to Dr. Bhullar.. He is simply a kind and compassionate person! The staff is amazing, the entire process today was very enjoyable. What kind people.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Bhullar and his staff are amazing!! Over the years, I have been to many Ophthalmologists, and I can honestly say that Dr. Bhullar is the best, and that I would definitely recommend him!! His kind and patient disposition allowed me to ask my questions before the exam and treatment. He took his time with me, and gave me the attention that I believe doctors should. His knowledge, personality, and technique is outstanding and impressive!! I am extremely glad that he is my doctor!!
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is an extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, kind and skilled surgeon. He and his staff are very pleasant and helpful. Dr. Bhullar diagnosed and performed the needed surgery very quickly. He was very thorough in explaining everything pre and post operatively. His friendly, calm and caring attitude was a most helpful and made my surgery experience great. Also, his very experienced office nurse and staff are also helpful, kind and professional.
in Bradenton, FL |
I had an emergency retina issue and his office saw me right away. The staff and Dr.B did a great job and I had a follow one week afterward and they were wonderful again.
in Palmetto, FL |
This office has some of the friendliest staff - and they make you feel at ease and fully explain any issue you have, Put your mind to rest and relax, they will take care of all your eye needs! I am happy to have found such a great team to take care of me- Thanks so much!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is a perfect example of what the practice of medicine is all about,smart caring, compassionate, kind and thorough. I had an eye problem on the weekend and talked to him by phone and he opened his office and saw me that day taking time away from his family to treat me! He is top drawer and anyone looking for a terrific eye doctor look no further.
in Bradenton, Fl |
I was reassured that I was able to be seen within a day of being referred by my regular eye doctor and PCP. All of Dr. Bhullar's staff were very welcoming and friendly. They were thorough and efficient while examining my eyes and taking my information. Dr. Bhullar explained what had happened to my retina and what he needed to do to repair the tear in my retina. He explained what procedures needed to be done and how they would be accomplished.
in Bradenton, FL |
Very thorough and professional. The entire staff were courteous and professional. I felt very comfortable and well schooled on my condition all through the process.
in Bradenton, FL |
Excellent in every respect. Saw me on very short notice, almost no waiting time, medical facility was state of the art and very well maintained. Personnel were terrific. Dr. Bhullar was exceptionally professional and complete in his review of my condition. Highest recommendation.
in Bradenton, FL |
Top notch. Dr. Bhullar is very professional, knowledgeable and easy to talk with and understand complicated situations. The staff is second to none. I've had to see specialists for my eyes for 2 decades now and I'm 58. This staff is efficient, helping me to get through the process with the least amount of waiting.
in Parrish, FL |
We have been so impressed with Dr. Bhullar. He diagnosed my husband's event immediately, did a thorough examination ,and obtained the requisite details concerning my husband's health in general, all of which enabled Dr. Bhullar to make a correct diagnosis and course of treatment. The staff was friendly and welcoming and extremely competent. We felt very comfortable with the tests and procedures that were conducted. We highly recommend everyone to contact Dr. Bhullar and his office.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is very kind and patient. He pays attention to the medical needs of his patients and provides them with excellent health care. He mede me feel confident and optimistic before the surgery and then has been watching my evolution. I am very grateful for his care.
Bradenton, FL |
Wow! Everyone in the office was amazing! Super care especially with treating my mother with dignity and making sure that she understood all as it was happening. I really appreciated their excellent treatment and 'bedside manners.' If i could have given higher than 5-stars, i would've.
in Sarasota, FL |
EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND STAFF BEST DOCTOR IN THE UNITED STATES This Practice is the Best This doctor will treat very serious diseases with results Would recommend to anyone needing retinal and ophthalmology care Because truly you will get better with this doctor and staff. The staff are awesome very courteous and fast and friendly Thank you Doctor Bhullar you truly are a Fantastic Doctor 5 stars are not enough because you deserve all of the stars in the world!!!!!
in Palmetto, FL. |
Dr. Bhullar was gentle and very informative. I had a procedure done on my right eye, and he explained everything thoroughly. I'm completely happy with this doctor. Thank you, Linda Grelles
Sarasota, FL |
Meeting Dr. Bhullar was a pleasant experience in spite of my being a bit apprehensive. I was referred to him on an emergency basis. He and his office staff made me feel very comfortable. He explained my necessary treatment carefully and detailed future care. I left feeling that I was in good hands.
in Sarasota, FL |
My appointment with Dr. Bhullar was a positive experience. He is very thorough and explained everything in detail. His staff is excellent and their customer service is second to none.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is an excellent doctor. He explains each procedure and the results with you. He gives you options. He is careful and doesn't leave anything to chance.
in Parrish, FL |
This review is for the treatment for my mother in law. Dr. Bhullar has been very compassionate and caring throughout my mother in law's sessions. He explains everything in a way that everyone can understand. I highly recommend his practice and all the services he has to offer.
in Fair Play, SC |
After suffering a retinal tear I was referred to Dr. Bhullar. He saw me immediately and his warm and compassionate staff helped me to feel at ease. He repaired my retina at that visit. Later that evening he called to check on me and made his cell available 24/7. I had two follow up appointments and was treated kindly and professionally. I believe he saved my vision. I would recommend him whole heartedly!
in La Plata, MD |
Recently I was diagnosed and treated by Dr. Bhullar for retina tears. I have been to other retina specialists in the past, however, my experience with Dr. Bhullar and the rest of the staff at Retina Treatment Center stands out and left me very impressed. Dr. Bhullar not only explained everything well, he answered all my questions and concerns without being rushed. His bedside manner during my treatment was respectful, kind and exemplary. My surgery and follow up care were excellent.
in Columbiana, Ohio |
My experience with Dr. Bhullar was a very good one. The Dr. was very patient, took time to explain the procedure that was going to be performed. I appreciated his calm manner.
Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar was very kind and listened to my needs and concerns. He also provided me with a very easy decision. His knowledge and care for my future was very helpful in the process. I got an appointment immediately after calling. The staff was very pleasant, friendly and courteous.
spring hill, fl |
I have been seeing Dr. Bhullar for a little over 2 yrs and he is an amazing doctor, and I would recommened him to family and friends. I have also had the pleasure of getting to know the staff and they are a wonderful and caring, friendly staff of nurses... if I could rate them a 10 star I would!!!
Have you seen Dr. Shaminder Bhullar, MD?
Are you Dr. Bhullar?

Visit Dr. Bhullar

Dr. Bhullar accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
    Blue Care HMO
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida PPO
    Blue Options
    Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MCM Maxcare