Dr. Shaminder Bhullar, MD

Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery | Male

Retina Treatment Center 1911 Manatee Ave E Ste 101 Bradenton, FL 34208 Get Directions
Dr. Shaminder Bhullar, MD
Originally from Calgary, Canada, Dr. Bhullar received his medical degree at Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine in Dayton, Ohio. He completed his ophthalmology training at the Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. He further sub-specialized in treating diseases of the retina at South Texas Retina Consultants and completed his vitreoretinal fellowship at the University of Florida, Gainesville. Outside of the office Dr. Bhullar enjoys the outdoors, sports, and spending time with his young family.

Dr. Bhullar's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bhullar is passionate about providing his patients the highest quality of care, with the compassion and respect they deserve. By using the latest advances in science and technology we are able to make diagnoses at earlier stages, leading to instituting earlier treatments and improved outcomes.

Dr. Bhullar's Experience

See how Dr. Bhullar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bhullar

Dr. Bhullar accepts 20 insurance carriers

Dr. Bhullar is now accepting new patients
Retina Treatment Center1911 Manatee Ave E Ste 101
Bradenton, FL 34208
(941) 251-4930Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bhullar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bhullar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bhullar to family and friends
Dr. Bhullar's Performance
in Palmetto, FL |
This office has some of the friendliest staff - and they make you feel at ease and fully explain any issue you have, Put your mind to rest and relax, they will take care of all your eye needs! I am happy to have found such a great team to take care of me- Thanks so much!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is a perfect example of what the practice of medicine is all about,smart caring, compassionate, kind and thorough. I had an eye problem on the weekend and talked to him by phone and he opened his office and saw me that day taking time away from his family to treat me! He is top drawer and anyone looking for a terrific eye doctor look no further.
in Bradenton, Fl |
I was reassured that I was able to be seen within a day of being referred by my regular eye doctor and PCP. All of Dr. Bhullar's staff were very welcoming and friendly. They were thorough and efficient while examining my eyes and taking my information. Dr. Bhullar explained what had happened to my retina and what he needed to do to repair the tear in my retina. He explained what procedures needed to be done and how they would be accomplished.
in Bradenton, FL |
Very thorough and professional. The entire staff were courteous and professional. I felt very comfortable and well schooled on my condition all through the process.
in Bradenton, FL |
Excellent in every respect. Saw me on very short notice, almost no waiting time, medical facility was state of the art and very well maintained. Personnel were terrific. Dr. Bhullar was exceptionally professional and complete in his review of my condition. Highest recommendation.
in Bradenton, FL |
Top notch. Dr. Bhullar is very professional, knowledgeable and easy to talk with and understand complicated situations. The staff is second to none. I've had to see specialists for my eyes for 2 decades now and I'm 58. This staff is efficient, helping me to get through the process with the least amount of waiting.
in Parrish, FL |
We have been so impressed with Dr. Bhullar. He diagnosed my husband's event immediately, did a thorough examination ,and obtained the requisite details concerning my husband's health in general, all of which enabled Dr. Bhullar to make a correct diagnosis and course of treatment. The staff was friendly and welcoming and extremely competent. We felt very comfortable with the tests and procedures that were conducted. We highly recommend everyone to contact Dr. Bhullar and his office.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is very kind and patient. He pays attention to the medical needs of his patients and provides them with excellent health care. He mede me feel confident and optimistic before the surgery and then has been watching my evolution. I am very grateful for his care.
Bradenton, FL |
Wow! Everyone in the office was amazing! Super care especially with treating my mother with dignity and making sure that she understood all as it was happening. I really appreciated their excellent treatment and 'bedside manners.' If i could have given higher than 5-stars, i would've.
in Sarasota, FL |
EXCELLENT DOCTOR AND STAFF BEST DOCTOR IN THE UNITED STATES This Practice is the Best This doctor will treat very serious diseases with results Would recommend to anyone needing retinal and ophthalmology care Because truly you will get better with this doctor and staff. The staff are awesome very courteous and fast and friendly Thank you Doctor Bhullar you truly are a Fantastic Doctor 5 stars are not enough because you deserve all of the stars in the world!!!!!
in Palmetto, FL. |
Dr. Bhullar was gentle and very informative. I had a procedure done on my right eye, and he explained everything thoroughly. I'm completely happy with this doctor. Thank you, Linda Grelles
Sarasota, FL |
Meeting Dr. Bhullar was a pleasant experience in spite of my being a bit apprehensive. I was referred to him on an emergency basis. He and his office staff made me feel very comfortable. He explained my necessary treatment carefully and detailed future care. I left feeling that I was in good hands.
in Sarasota, FL |
My appointment with Dr. Bhullar was a positive experience. He is very thorough and explained everything in detail. His staff is excellent and their customer service is second to none.
in Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar is an excellent doctor. He explains each procedure and the results with you. He gives you options. He is careful and doesn't leave anything to chance.
in Parrish, FL |
This review is for the treatment for my mother in law. Dr. Bhullar has been very compassionate and caring throughout my mother in law's sessions. He explains everything in a way that everyone can understand. I highly recommend his practice and all the services he has to offer.
in Fair Play, SC |
After suffering a retinal tear I was referred to Dr. Bhullar. He saw me immediately and his warm and compassionate staff helped me to feel at ease. He repaired my retina at that visit. Later that evening he called to check on me and made his cell available 24/7. I had two follow up appointments and was treated kindly and professionally. I believe he saved my vision. I would recommend him whole heartedly!
in La Plata, MD |
Recently I was diagnosed and treated by Dr. Bhullar for retina tears. I have been to other retina specialists in the past, however, my experience with Dr. Bhullar and the rest of the staff at Retina Treatment Center stands out and left me very impressed. Dr. Bhullar not only explained everything well, he answered all my questions and concerns without being rushed. His bedside manner during my treatment was respectful, kind and exemplary. My surgery and follow up care were excellent.
in Columbiana, Ohio |
My experience with Dr. Bhullar was a very good one. The Dr. was very patient, took time to explain the procedure that was going to be performed. I appreciated his calm manner.
Bradenton, FL |
Dr. Bhullar was very kind and listened to my needs and concerns. He also provided me with a very easy decision. His knowledge and care for my future was very helpful in the process. I got an appointment immediately after calling. The staff was very pleasant, friendly and courteous.
spring hill, fl |
I have been seeing Dr. Bhullar for a little over 2 yrs and he is an amazing doctor, and I would recommened him to family and friends. I have also had the pleasure of getting to know the staff and they are a wonderful and caring, friendly staff of nurses... if I could rate them a 10 star I would!!!
Have you seen Dr. Shaminder Bhullar, MD?
Are you Dr. Bhullar?

Compare Dr. Bhullar

Dr. Bhullar says...

Dr. Bhullar's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bhullar is passionate about providing his patients the highest quality of care, with the compassion and respect they deserve. By using the latest advances in science and technology we are able to make diagnoses at earlier stages, leading to instituting earlier treatments and improved outcomes.

Dr. Bhullar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Bhullar has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bhullar's Board Certifications

• Blindness
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

University of Florida-Gainesville

Completed in 2013

McGill University / Faculty of Medicine

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Bhullar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bhullar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Vitreoretinal Disease & Surgery

• Retinal Surgery
  • Retinal Testing
  • Scleral Buckling
  • Vitrectomy
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery