Dr. Shamik Bafna, MD

Dr. Shamik Bafna, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Sightpath Medical has selected Dr. Shamik Bafna as a Top 10 Surgeon in the US for demonstrating surgical expertise through high volume of cataract surgeries, continued surgical excellence, and exceptional patient care. Dedicated to the community, Dr. Bafna is committed to improving lives through better vision. Sightpath considers Dr. Bafna to be a leader in cataract surgery. Sightpath Medical is a leading US provider of surgical services and equipment for cataracts, glaucoma, and refractive procedures. Sightpath Medical has performed 500,000 cataract procedures nationwide with hundreds of practices. We are pleased to distinguish this leading U.S. surgeon. Dr. Shamik Bafna has been a member of the Clear Choice vision team for nearly a decade, after serving for ten years as a surgeon at Arnett Clinic in Lafayette, IN. Like all the Clear Choice doctors, Shamik comes to Clear Choice with a wealth of vision correction credentials, and a sincere passion for helping people. Shamik also brings an extensive education from the University of Michigan, including his BS, MS and MD. He completed his residency at the Cullen Eye Institute at Baylor University, and received the Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Fellowship Award during his fellowship at the New England Eye Center in Boston. Shamik is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is a National Board of Medical Examiners Diplomat. For Shamik, being an eye surgeon at Clear Choice fulfills two of his greatest interests – working with the precision of some of the latest technology, and bringing people the joy of enhanced vision. He had LASIK surgery himself seven years ago. When Shamik isn't working, he and his wife and two children enjoy traveling. They have been to 40 different countries in the course of their travels. HONORS AND ACHEIVEMENTS Heed Ophthalmic Foundation Fellowship Award Taylor Lions Club Ophthalmology Scholarship Fight for Sight Research Fellowship

Cleveland Eye Clinic

7001 S Edgerton Rd # B

Brecksville, OH 44141

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Bafna

The Cleveland Eye Clinic is a full service state of the art ophthalmic practice, which has served the Cleveland Area since 1943. Our Doctors are leaders in eye care education. They are dedicated to staying on the cutting edge of eye care technology. They are active leaders in a number of professional organizations and lecture internationally. Cleveland Eye Clinic specializes in the latest eye care technology and treatment for many eye conditions.

Cleveland Eye Clinic is committed to the well being of the greater northeast Ohio community. This commitment has resulted in the Cleveland Eye Clinic receiving both the Excellence in Education and Good Neighbor Awards from the Better Business Bureau.

Video

Experience for Dr. Bafna

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Bafna by Patient Volume

Farsightedness

Dr. Bafna treated this condition for more patients than 99% of his peers nationwide.

Astigmatism

Lazy Eye

Dr. Bafna treated this condition for more patients than 97% of his peers nationwide.

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Bafna compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Bafna?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• University of Michigan
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • New England Eye Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

• 2016 Top Doctor by Castle Connolly, 2016

Dr. Bafna has no media or publications listed.

• National Board of Medical Examiners, Diplomate

Dr. Bafna's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bafna to family and friends
Dr. Bafna's Performance
Hillsboro, OH |
Yes! Fast and complete eye care.
in Solon, OH |
Keep up the good work!
in Brecksville, OH |
Excellent doctor very thorough and kind.
in ELYRIA, OHIO |
I AM ALWAYS SATISFIED WITH THE CARE GIVEN BY DR. BAFNA AND STAFF. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. BAFNA.
Columbus, OH |
I had a wonderful LASIK experience with Dr. Bafna. He was very caring and talked me through the procedure the entire time. I felt very much relaxed and confident in my procedure with Dr. Bafna and would recommend him for anyone interested in their eye surgery. Everyone at Clear Choice was excellent as well. The only thing I regret is not gettin LASIK sooner!
Oberlin, OH |
I would recommend both Dr. Bafna and Dr. Bornhorst. The only item below that I didn't rate highly was due to my preference for a quiet waiting room. I don't care for the TV, although I suppose that helps some people in the dilation waiting area because it's hard to read when you've been dilated.
in North Ridgevilie, Ohio |
Dr. Bafna put me at ease the first time he met me. He has explained in detail what is involved with the cataract surgery and has listened and answered all our questions. I feel that I am in the very best surgical hands that are available in the Cleveland area.
in Eloy, Arizona |
Very pleased with the staff and Dr Bafna. Visiting family from out of state and needed medical care/advise before I could return to Arizona. They got me in quickly and everything worked out Great. I will recommend them to all our family and friends.
in Bedford, OH |
I always have a great experience with dr Bafna. Today was no exception.
Bedford, OH |
He ans his assistant were wonderful with my 93 yo mother
North Royalton, OH |
He is AMAZING in every way! I highly recommend him, and consider myself lucky that he was the one to give me my new set of eyes!!!! Excellent experience!
in Hillsboro, OH |
Dr. Bafna is very caring and understanding of patients needs. He is always willing to explain things when needed
in North Ridgeville, OH |
Dr. Bafna performed lasik surgery on my eyes about five years ago. I have been very satisfied with the results and the follow up appointments as well. He takes the time to answer any questions I may have and is very professional during my visits. I would highly recommend him to others.
in Bedford, OH |
Great people,would recommend to anyone
in Grafton, OH |
I was very pleased with the consultation, the procedure, and the after-care. Dr. Bafna took the time to talk about the procedure and all the options. He was easy to talk to and very sympathetic to my concerns about the procedure and any restrictions that may remain afterwards. I would highly recommend Dr. Bafna..
in Chagrin Falls, ohio |
I would recommend Dr Bafna to all of my friends
Cincinnati, OH |
It was a very good experience. He is not my regular doctor, but he was very helpful and very knowledgeable on the subject. He defined terms that he used when asked.
in Vermilion oh |
Excellent service. My quality of life is entrusted with this office. I have no complaints or criticism and thank everyone for the tremendous service provided.
in Elyria, OH |
i had cateract replacement surgery performed by Dr. Bafna in jan of 2017. i have nothing but good things to say about my experiance and the high level of care provided to me. they are proffesional, courteous and up to date with all the lateset technological advances in eye care.
in Vermilion, OH |
Very helpful.
in Macedonia, OH |
DR. BAFNA DID MY CATARACT SURGERY AND I MUST TELL YOU BOTH HE AND HIS STAFF HELPED TO PUT ME AT EASE. FROM THE TIME i WALKED IN THE DOOR HIS GIRLS AT THE DESK LAURIE,KAREN, AND SYLVIA WERE VERY HELPFUL. THE REST OF THE STAFF THAT GOT ME READY FOR THE SURGERY WERE VERY PLEASANT AND INFORMATIVE. ALL I CAN SAY IS I WISH MY OTHER DOCTORS HAD THE TYPE EMPLOYEES YOUR OFFICE DOES. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. BAFNA AND HIS STAFF. D
in Maple Heights, OH |
I went in for a year long study for eye surgery with Dr Bafna at Cleveland Eye Clinic in Brecksville, Ohio. Dr Bafna performed my surgery and l have had excellent results, my vision in my left eye is now 20/20 plus 2. I can't say enough about the Dr, he was very professional and took his time with me and explained everything at each stage.
in Youngstown, Ohio |
For the first eye he was very calming and explained everything as he was doing it. For the second eye, he quickly moved without explanation which caused me to panic. Overall the experience was good and I have recommended numerous people to this facility -- It's life changing. If you're thinking about doing it, just go for it!
Have you seen Dr. Shamik Bafna, MD?

Visit Dr. Bafna