Dr. Shameela Ahmed, MD

Dr. Shameela Ahmed, MD

Clinical Neurophysiology  |
Dr. Shameela Ahmed, MD is a clinical neurophysiology doctor who practices in Atoka, TN. She is 48 years old. Read her story

340 Atoka McLaughlin Dr Ste C

Atoka, TN 38004

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Ahmed

See how frequently Dr. Ahmed performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tension Headache
Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders

Dr. Ahmed's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ahmed's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "Karachi"

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "Taking care of my patients"

• Clinical Neurophysiology
  • Epilepsy
  • Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• Clinical Neurophysiology

• Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nystagmus
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Education data for Dr. Ahmed is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Ahmed has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahmed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmed to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Ahmed's Performance
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Ahmed was very compassionate and kind when my friend was diagnosed with early onset dementia and made herself available at all times. She spent more than enough time answering questions and tried to prepare us for what was coming.
Munford, TN |
The nicest staff and best doc! Love her office and the way she talks and explains things. Thank you for treating my migraines :)))
Atoka, TN |
Dr Ahmed and her lab helped treat my sleep apnea problem every step of the way. She explained the condition and its complications in detail. My job requires a lot of driving and since I have used the machine I am much more alert. From the sleep lab manager Ms Danielle, sleep technician Ms Sheron and the front desk staff, every one was courteous and helpful. I was very anxious about the use of machine and had trouble getting used to the mask but they made sure I got the right mask.Thank you all
Cordova, TN |
I have seen Dr Ahmed for some time now. Dr Ahmed has always been honest with me regarding my management. She takes time to explain. Prior to seeing her I had briefly been prescribed hydrocodone for my headaches and she told me upfront that she does not do pain management and rarely uses narcotics or controlled substances in her practice. I was willing to try her management and I am pleased to say that she was able to treat my headaches with other medications and Botox. I highly recommend her!
Covington, TN |
I had a very similar problem like the person from Cordova. I was told much of the same things but then suddenly I felt as if I was blacklisted. I really enjoyed seeing her, she is/was a great Dr. and I referred her to many people. However, I had to discontinue because suddenly the relationship changed, almost as if I had been mixed up with another patient. Worse yet I felt she was unwilling to be open to or change the plan of care due to her misconception and or the mistake of someone else.
Brighton, TN |
I saw her recently and was very pleased. The wait time was a little long but when she came in the room I knew why . She didn't rush me and listened to me. She was very compassionate and I truly felt she cared about me. The girls in the office were all very nice. You can tell they enjoy working for her and that says a lot about her. I would recommend her to anyone!!! Not to mention she is in atoka and I really like not having to drive to memphis!
Covington, TN |
This doctor is amazing!!! I highly recommend her for your Neurologist. Her staff is so friendly and very helpful. Her new office in Atoka is beautiful. I am so happy to see there is a Neurologist in Tipton county and that she also specializes in sleep.
Cordova, TN |
Stay away from this doctor! When I moved to TN, I needed to find a doctor to continue treating my narcolepsy. Dr. Ahmed wanted me to take another sleep study and had agreed to continue my treatment until my new treatment was proven effective. However, when I called to get my prescriptions refilled, the receptionist told me she discontinued my meds. When I asked to speak to her or make an appt, they said, no, you cannot. I found another doctor who agreed that I should have never been taken off!
in Ripley, TN |
My Experience Was Great. But I have a real problem. I first saw her in 2008. I still need to see her, to discuss her finding and recommendation. I had to leave town for a family emergency. When i came back, I tried to make an appt. They would not set me an appt., because I owe money. I tried again within the last year, to no avail. I really prefer to stay with my doctors. But Now I have to find another neurologist over some Chump Change I owe!! She wouldn't be pleased, if she knew.
Have you seen Dr. Shameela Ahmed, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmed?