Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Shalini Varma MD 7400 60th Ave Kenosha, WI 53142 Get Directions
Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Kenosha, WI. She is 41 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

Dr. Varma's Care Philosophy

I want to help you attain the goal of optimizing your life at any age. Your illnesses are treatable. Why should your mental illness keep you reaching your goals? YOU are important and will always be priority #1. I provide medication and therapy. You will have an active role in your treatment. I want to obtain a clear understanding of YOU as the WHOLE person, not just a BAG of symptoms. I am able to evaluate patients WITHIN ONE WEEK for timely psychiatric evaluation. Member Wisconsin Medical Society Kenosha County Medical Society

Dr. Varma's Experience

See how Dr. Varma's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Varma

Dr. Varma is now accepting new patients
Kenosha, Wisconsin7400 60th Ave

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Varma to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Varma's Performance
Kenosha, WI |
When I found Dr. Varma I was in bad shape. I had severe panic attacks, depression and anxiety with several trips to the ER. I found her to very pleasant, easy to talk to and caring. Her treatment was effective in a short time. If I had problems I could call her anytime and she would return the call very soon which made me feel less anxious. I have come a long way with her treatment and I no longer have panic attacks, depression and medication has been greatly decreased. I am grateful.
in Vernon Hills, Illinois |
Dr. Varma is a wonderful doctor. It is very important to me to have a psychiatrist that I trust completely. It has taken me a long time to find the right person, and without a doubt, it is Dr. Varma . I did not have to wait long for an initial appointment and have had no trouble scheduling appointments on short notice since. She is very involved in all aspects of my health care and is in communication with all of my other doctors. She is very knowledgeable and well-informed.
Binghamton, NY |
Dr. Varma is an excellent psychiatrist who truly cares about the well-being of her patients. Her availability for scheduling appointments is great too! Best psychiatrist by far! =)
in Lake Villa, IL |
Dr. Varma has been my psychiatrist for almost 4 years. When I first went to see her, I noticed a plaque with a saying (paraphrased) "It's not about waiting for the rain to stop, it's about learning to dance in the rain". I was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 and PTSD. Every appt we had after that, she would tell me a plain and simple truth about my condition, myself or my predicament... and then give me homework. I do my work and she does hers and now I'm dancing my butt off. Thanks for my life.
Dr. Varma is warm and funny and an excellent physician. She diagnosed me with a problem I had suffered with for 20 years and had never addressed. Then she helped me identify lifestyle changes and tools that would enable me to better manage it. The quality of my life has already improved and I am so grateful for her understanding and good care. I highly recommend her.
woodstock, il |
Dr. Varma is very expensive and, for that, you get prompt appointments. My appointments consisted of 1) Dr Varma staring at the computer with her back to me for 1/2 the session 2) No wrap up so that I was left in an emotionally vulnerable place. The discussion of medications involved her asking me which I thought would work. I am not the expert. She wasn't responsive in session to my concerns and her recommendations consisted of cut/paste of articles I could have found myself online.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Varma is a very through and kind doctor. She takes all your concerns both physical and mental into your care.Always available and willing to answer your questions and concerns in great detail without? rushing. Provides printouts and book ideas too help you understand your treatment and diagnosis. Easy to book appointment and quick returning of phone calls. Pleasant office environment and friendly staff. She allows you too give input and participate in your treatment plans and goals?.
Franklin, WI |
Dr. Varma seems to only care about getting paid. If you can't afford her treatment plan of however many visits per month, then she drops you as a patient without referring you to another professional that may be able to help.
Dr. Varma is truly the best. I had a lot of hesitation seeking help after seeing previous doctors but was extremely thankful that I did.
in Springfield, IL |
I found Dr. Varma very helpful, easy to communicate with, and hardly ever had a wait time.
in Lake Geneva, WI |
I was transitioning to the area from the east coast and needed a provider with excellent clinical skills and a high level of professionalism. I found Dr. Varma to be engaging, attentive, up to date on current research, and open to understanding my unique experience. I recommend her to anyone seeking care - professionals, families, laypersons. An added bonus - she possesses a great sense of humor.
Drvarma is attentive, organized, detail oriented, and a great listener. She shows compassion and provides excellent feedback and techniques to help deal with stresses. There is no wait time and she easily accessible when needed and answers the phone herself! She is easy to talk to.
in Kenosha, Wi |
Dr. Varma is spectacular in every aspect as a psychiatrist! Not only does she care and get to know her patients but she ensures her treatment plans for all are tailored to her patients needs. She is responsive in communication outside of appointments and is always there for her patients and assists in any way possible. Without her I may not have received the appropriate treatment I needed to healthy. I can't thank her enough and recommend her to all suffering from mental illnesses.
Kenosha wi |
Dr Varma is the best. Caring, always available on her cell phone for anything. Appointments and scheduling are easily accommodated. Couldn't ask for a better doctor
in Kenosha, WI |
Dr. Varma is a caring doctor who helps her patients at all time of the day. My son had a melt down at 9:00 at night and she answered my emails and helped me guide my son to a healthy place. She also answered the pharmacy within a couple hours and called my insurance to get a prior approval for a medicine. It didn't take 2 weeks to get pre-approved. I have recommended her to friends that were looking for a new doctor.
Poplar Grove, IL |
Dr Varma was able to see me in two days from when I called! She is thorough and caring. She has unique insights that helped me more in 3 appointments than I had been helped in the past year! I highly recommend her to anyone needing help.
in Highland Park, IL |
I find Dr. Varma to be very pleasant and intelligent.. She was quick to evaluate my status. She was able to do this because Dr. Varma understands the complexity of the influences on an individual's feelings of well being. To enhance this understanding she asks informative questions about physical, familial, and emotional issues, in addition to looking at medical records. She even used the Web to ask other doctors their opinions on treatment of a neurological condition I have. I was impressed!
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Varma is very friendly and welcoming. She makes you feel comfortable immediately. She is a good listener. She works to help you through the issue at hand with methods practice and discuss in her office. These are things that you are able to do on an ongoing basis at home to help yourself. She explains and describes medications, and how they will affect you. She is efficient and caring, mindful of where you are coming from, and very helpful.
in Kenosha, WI |
I was at my wits end. No matter how I advocated my Dr would not listen to my growing concerns with nausea. It became so severe I couldn't leave the house. I became discouraged with Dr's, but then I found Dr. Varma. She saw me as a person and not another set of symptoms. She listened to my concerns and understood why I became so frustrated. Within a month I was back to my busy schedule as a grad student and full time student teacher. I wouldn't be getting ready to graduate without her.
in Williams Bay, WI |
Dr. Varma was incredibly responsive to all of my anxiety. She followed up with immediate and appropriate information. I highly recommend Dr. Varma
in Pleasant Prairie, WI |
Pros:*Dr. Varma answered the phone right away *She is a smart woman. Cons: *I felt no understanding, compassion, or empathy from Dr. Varma. *As I walked out alone after our appointment, I felt hopeless. *She gave me a note suggesting I try Prozac which blocks one of the metabolizing pipelines for another medication I am taking and causes a toxic reaction. I told myself Someone who can charge $600 an hour MUST be good! I don't know how I came off, but her indifference was such a letdown!!
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Varma runs a small, efficient practice and her patients are top priority. She listens, is very perceptive and well prepared. She remembers key points from previous visits and is especially good at tying each visit together so that progress is made. Initially she charged us in advance for the first appt. (which made me nervous), but once we met her and experienced the high quality care, every penny has been worth it. She is responsive to messages too! Highly recommend!!
in Kenosha, WI |
I began seeing Dr Varma four months ago after a series of life altering events threw me into a tail spin. She listened with compassion, asked questions and acted quickly to keep me from a complete break down. After I was stabilized, Dr Varma gently helped me to see how ill I had been, plus helped me to take responsibility for my own plan of recovery through healthy lifestyle changes. From the beginning Dr Varma was honest about her charges and that she did not work with insurance companies.
in Racine, WI |
Dr. Varma is knowledgeable and willing to suggest possible reasons why symptoms might be related to something other than the obvious. Her knowledge recently suggested a lab test that would not be part of a normal testing panel. The results of that test panel showed an abnormality that otherwise would have most likely gone undiagnosed. She offers easy accessibility via her contact information and is quick to respond to concerns. Appointments can be made easily within a short window of time.
in Wausau, WI |
I started seeing Dr. Varma in the past year. While seeing her for ADD, it has changed my life. I've seen huge improvements in the personal and professional realms. My family and friends comment on the positive changes they've seen in me during this time, even without knowing what the underlying change had been in my life. I feel that Dr. Varma is also very focused on patients' outcomes. She went above and beyond in helping me with an unrelated issue just because she cared so much.
in Omaha, NE |
I BELIEVE DR VARMA IS UNETHICAL IN HER BILLING PRACTICES. OTHERS HAVE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AS I DID. I BELIEVE DR. VARMA IS MOST INTERESTED IN HER FINANCIAL GAIN AND I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE STATE MEDICAL ASSOC. THERE ARE MANY GOOD PSYCHIATRISTS IN THE FIELD. SEARCH ONE OF THEM OUT AND STAY CLEAR OF DR. VARMA.
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Varma is the best psychiatrist I have ever had and trust me there were a lot. She is the first physician that truly understands my illnesses and gives me hope to live with and manage my mental conditions. I feel totally empowered after our visits. Dr. Varma exudes confidence. I would highly recommend Dr. Varma to anyone suffering from a mental illness.
New Smyrna Beach, FL |
Dr. Varma is great! She is a really good listener and knew exactly how to help me. I was feeling better after only one visit with her. I would highly recommend her! :)
Have you seen Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Are you Dr. Varma?

Compare Dr. Varma

Dr. Varma's Care Philosophy

Member Wisconsin Medical Society

Kenosha County Medical Society

Dr. Varma's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Varma has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Varma's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Completed in 2009

Drew University Med Sci

Graduated in 1999

• Hindi

Dr. Varma does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Varma and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry