Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Shalini Varma, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Kenosha, WI and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from Rutgers Med Sch in 2003 and specializes in psychiatry.

7400 60th Ave

Kenosha, WI 53142

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Varma's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Varma's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Life Coaching
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizophrenia
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

I want to help you attain the goal of optimizing your life at any age. Your illnesses are treatable. Why should your mental illness keep you reaching your goals? YOU are important and will always be priority #1. I provide medication and therapy. You ...

• Psychiatry

4.3

Dr. Varma?
Dr. Varma's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shalini Varma, MD
Approx. one year ago I started seeing Dr. Varma. The psychiatrist from a major health system that I had been seeing for the last 7 years was moving to another state, so I was either going to be transferred to another psyc in that practice by default or needed find another option. I was tired of being prescribed medication with 3-5 month, 10 minute follow up appointments, so I chose the latter and found Dr. Varma. Being under Dr. Varma’s care has transformed my well being and life. It’s hard to believe, but she actually listens to her patients and remembers what is going on in their lives. She makes her patients feel comfortable and there is absolutely no shame or embarrassment in her office. She works with her patients’ medications to find the optimal regimen. When I began seeing Dr. Varma I was in a very dark season of my life. My struggles with depression, anxiety, an eating disorder and toxic people were at an all time high. Through her care, my mental illnesses no longer define me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma's office is great. Communication with patients is clearly a high priority -- if you're looking for a sense of understanding and personal connection with your psychiatrist, or even just a straight answer from Dr. Varma or her office staff, this is the place for you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Thank you for the time that my daughter was able to meet with you. It was definitely helpful. She is still using strategies that you suggested. She just brought you up as we were trying to make a crowded flight home and her anxiety kicked in. She recognizes that she will have to continue to navigate through her anxiety and being an introvert in social situations. She is on a good path to continue to work through her problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma and her staff were friendly, pleasant, accommodating, and thorough. Dr. Varma was very easy to talk to and was always ready to listen. Dr. Varma never made me feel uncomfortable as most doctors have in the past.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr Varma made a huge difference for me. I was struggling at work and felt like I might lose my job. Dr Varma not only helped me break out of my anxiety but coached me on how to be more organized and productive at work. I feel like she went above and beyond what I expected. I am so happy I chose this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr Varma had an appoint open in less than a week. I thought I was going to have to wait 8 weeks like I had to at my last doctor. She really got me to focus on the source of my issues and I started to feel better by the second visit. Her priority was to always have improvement each visit and she asked a lot of questions to really assess me. Other providers I've been to would drag everything out and I always felt like very little was accomplished at the end. Not with Dr V. Every visit things get a little better. Thanks Dr V for your super relaxing office too. Not clinical at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
I am grateful to Dr. Varma for keeping me at my job. I was about to be fired but she helped with FMLA paperwork and getting me better. When I had problems with the medication, she was easliy available to switch medication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
It''s obvious to me and my family that I have suffered with bi polar disorder my entire life but went undiagnosed and untreated. Today, I'm free of symptoms. The doctor, through years of compassionate and ethical treatment, has put me on a path to a new life free from worry about depression and anxiety! Granted, I put my own work in but she showed me the way and provided me with the means and support to make it happen. Absolutely priceless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
I first want to start by saying Dr.varma is a very personal doctor. She listen to my entire life story on first appointment and was able to help me focus on me, which I haven't been able to do in a long time. She was the first doctor to look at my situation as a whole and is helping me with my day to day struggles with life, work and any other things that affect my mental health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma has taken care of one of my relatives. She is a caring professional who has helped immensely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
As I was searching for a new psychiatrist among the area I came across Varma's page. I do not refer to her as "Dr" because she acted nothing like one, but rather a toxic and manipulative person who will put crazy ideas into your head. Not to mention that on one occasion, after our time was up, she pressured me to vent to her. I thought it was so nice of her to let me stay
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
I feel fortunate to have found Dr.Varma. She was referred to me by a co-worker. She has affected my life dramatically and really cares. I went untreated for depression and anxiety for many years. I struggled without knowing. I am now being treated. I feel I am on the right track now because of her and have felt a tremendous amount of relief. I couldn't even talk on the phone at the beginning of treatment due to my anxiety. Dr Varma helped me with meds and assignments. She talks at my level to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Very personable, relatable and easy to talk to. Helped me regain control of my life. You can tell she is passionate about what she does, and it shows through her desire to get to know and help you. Would definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Excellent psychiatrist to my son who has anxiety and ADD. I HIGHLY recommend her!! When he started with her he was in a very dark place. With her help he is back to functioning as a typical 18 year old getting ready for college. She is incredibly smart, thorough and always has my sons best interests at heart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Excellent Psychiatrist. Very compassionate, personable and incredibly good at asking all the right questions to get to the core issue. She is very thorough in her evaluations and has the patients best interests in mind. Dr Varma is not a typical doctor buried behind a bunch of front office staff. She is incredibly accessible and really cares! She takes excellent notes and can quickly retrieve information from past visits. I've been seeing Dr. Varma for 4 years and highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
I feel human again after seeing Dr Varma. She never made me feel embarrassed no matter what I said. My life has changed for the better in more than one big way. When I made the initial appointment she saw me within 2 hours of hearing from me. She explains any medications so it’s not just “here, take this and see me in 2 months.” She goes beyond what you’d expect a psychiatrist to do and will do everything she can for her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Thank you Dr Varma in helping resolve my spouse's problems with anger management and depression. We appreciate all the good work that you have done!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
I am surprised by the many favorable reviews. My experience was most unpleasant. She makes a good 1st impression. But do not be fooled. She Is in it for the money! The patient does Not come first. Rather, she undermines your confidence and spaces out medication in an effort to encourage more appointments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
She is very compassionate and understanding at every session. I would recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shalini Varma, MD?
Dr. Varma is remarkable! She is a very knowledgeable and compassionate physician. She gives solid and practical therapeutic advice and has greatly helped me at points in my life when I was at my lowest. She was able to provide direction and resources to help me get better, and for that I am always grateful and very appreciative of her help.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Varma?