Dr. Shailaja Parepally, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Dr. Shailaja Parepally, MD
Dr. Shailaja Parepally, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in West View, PA. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Parepally is affiliated with UPMC Passavant - McCandless.

Dr. Parepally's Experience

See how Dr. Parepally's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Parepally

Dr. Parepally accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Parepally is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Parepally has admitting privileges.

Dr. Parepally's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parepally to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Parepally's Performance
Dr Parepally was very nice and fun and caring (but you only get to she her the first visit, then after that her assistant) however she refused to believe something major I told her about my history, put me on med that caused me a severe and terrifying hypoglycemic reaction, and when I called about it she said to "just take every other day". Wanted me to change from a thyroid med that was working fine to one that she had coupons for, but was till 3x what I was paying for the med I was on.
in West View, PA |
I was so pleasantly surprised to walk into her office and first get a welcome at check-in. The nurse and other assistants were just as nice and friendly. I can't say enough of how much I liked Dr. Parapally. She listened, was so understanding and immediately began figuring out next steps. Thank you!
Gibsonia, PA |
The worst Dr. Her PA's are more qualified than she is and more eager to help you get better. DON"T use Dr. Parapally!!!! Hypo and she has no idea what she is doing!!
Princeton, TX |
Absolutly terrible, do not go to her, you will regret it! To start, dr. Parapally was rude, complaining when i asked her to explain what was going on with me since I had recently been diagnosed with hyperthroidism. Then, 3 times she canceled my appointments bc she said she had to go to the hospital and never attempted to reschdule! Every time you call the front desk, the people sound miserable and mean, and they are! Finally we moved to so I tried to get my records and they never sent them
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr Parepally was my endo at a former location and I found she not only misdiagnosed me but prescribed 2-3 times the amount of medication I should have been taking. She was impossible to schedule with and the one time I showed up at the office and the door was locked! Sometimes I would sit in the waiting room for 20-30 minutes then I would be taken back and have to wait another 20-30 minutes more!
Dr. Parepally is by far the BEST Dr. I've ever had. I came to Pittsburgh from being treated at the Cleveland Clinic for many years so my level of expectations were high. Dr. Parepally by far superseded my expectations and went beyond what most Dr.'s would do. Not only does she know her stuff but she is warm and caring and funny too!!! She immediately put me at ease, knew exactly what my ailment was and helped me take control of it. I had gone to a plethora of Dr.'s who had no idea how to help.
Have you seen Dr. Shailaja Parepally, MD?
Are you Dr. Parepally?

Compare Dr. Parepally

Dr. Parepally's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Parepally has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Parepally's Board Certifications

UMDNJ/Jersey City Med Ctr

Completed in 1994

• Hindi
  • Telugu

Dr. Parepally does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parepally and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism