Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Endocrinology  |
Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD is an endocrinology doctor who practices in Provo, UT. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

1055 N 300 W Ste 212

Provo, UT 84604

• Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)

Learn about Dr. Ahmad

See how frequently Dr. Ahmad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Thyroid Cyst
Hypothyroidism

Dr. Ahmad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology

• Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Army Medical College

• Fellow American College of Endocrinology, F.A.C.E, 2011
  • Certificate in Advanced Neck Ultrasonography and Biopsy, 2008
  • Board Certified in Endocrinology,Diabetes and Metabolism, 2006
  • www.facebook.com/thyroidutah,

Dr. Ahmad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmad to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Ahmad's Performance
American Fork, UT |
I really wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt after seeing his reviews.. but there is a reason he has So many ! He’s flat out rude, his office staff is so unorganized (I showed up for a blood draw they had called and ordered at labcorp and they never did fax it) they took WEEKS to call me back about a question i had with the medication he prescribed me. Any questions you many have, be prepared to feel like a total idiot for even asking, because that’s how he will make you feel.
Spanish Fork, UT |
He's a tool who doesn't listen to you & tried to tell me I shouldn't have more kids bc all of the symptoms come with being a mom & stress. He tried to send me to a neurologist for headaches instead bc "homeones are not related to headaches or migraines in anyway". Luckily I found someone else, who listened to me & tested my blood & saw it was my thyroid & now I'm all better & my migraines are no more. Also, I have another child and I am healthier than before.
in Nephi utah |
I am so glad it isn't just me ..I should have read this before going .I have a tumor onmy adreanal gland he is watching he acts all concerned about it but can only focus on my weight. I asked him about adreanal fatigue and he shook his head and said no I think it's your weight. Also I am a medical professional and agree with others he has absolutely no bedside manner.
Draper, Utah |
I made an appointment to see an Endocrinologist after wanting to check out my thyroid and hormones levels. Dr. Ahmad was the worst experience I have ever had with a physician. He was pompous, condescending, and within 2 minutes of being there he asked which weight loss prescription I wanted. Ummm...what? I didn't want a prescription - I wanted to see what was wrong with me. He acted very irritated when I asked if he would at least run some thyroid or hormone tests on me. It was so bad!
in Pleasant Grove |
Dr Ahmad was not qualified nor experienced enough to recommend thyroid surgery, however, this didn't stop him from doing so. Fortunately I was prepared with a list of questions based on recent research that challenged his basis behind recommending surgery and he admitted that he was not experienced enough to recommend surgery and referred me to someone more experienced. Classic example of how you, the patient, needs to be on top of all the latest information and not simply trust the doctor.
Simi Valley, CA |
I don't like leaving bad reviews. I really give doctors the benefit of the doubt. . But this guy is the worst doctor ever! if you have a thyroid problem don't see him. I wish someone would have told me. Arrogant, condescending, will not listen and extremely dismissive. I could write a novel was my horrible experience.. but if you have other options... even if you need to travel 4 hours to see someone good.. it's worth it. Do your homework on thyroid illness and go to someone who gets this.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Ahmad was very professional and thorough. He took the time to explain things and answer questions. I didn't get what some of the reviews here were talking about, some people are just angry. I would highly recommend him.
in Murray, UT |
Dr Ahmad was 1 hour late for my initial visit.Once he arrived he did a quick ultrasound, didn't have time for questions and ushered me out of his office in under 2 minutes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went for a 2nd visit. Same thing happened, he was in too much of a hurry to answer my questions and again had me out of the exam room in under 2 minutes. Needless to say I did not go back. In my opinion this man has no interest in providing good medical care, he's only in it for the $$
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Everyone gives this guy a bad review. My first visit was ok. He's looking out for me and himself. Thant kinda bugged me after the first visit. The 2nd visit I went to go over my BT result's and testosterone levels as I told him they were very low to begin with we spoke and he started me on my treatments. I feel like a man again, and I never knew having low t how bad it can be. Dr Ahmad shahzad was very helpful for me. And I'm back. Helpful staff as well.
in Logan,Ut |
He is extremely patronizing. He made me feel like an idiot for even being there. He refused to look at anything I had brought with me from a different clinic and told me he would just crumple them up and throw them in the garbage. He would not allow me to discuss any symptoms. He even told me that the two other doctors I had seen previously didn't know what they were doing and I just needed to lower my medication dose. I left with a prescription for the same thing I have been on for 2 yrs.
Pleasant Grove, UT |
He made me wait almost an hour both times I saw him then spent about 10 minutes with me each time, even though one of them was the initial appointment. He didn't allow me to finish reading my list of symptoms. I got about halfway down the list when he stopped me. I do not feel like I was able to give the basics about my symptoms or concerns.
in Orem, UT |
Excellent care...was very respectful.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Ahmad is respectful and straight forward. I appreciate that he takes the time to make sure I understand the test results as he reviews them with me and takes time to explain what needs to be done in the future and makes sure I am okay with those future plans. I found him to be genuine and caring.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The worst physician experience of my life. He is arrogant, egotistical and disrespectful, all in the extreme. After the first time I saw him, I was just angry about the experience, but I thought 'maybe I am making too much of it'. Then, the second time, I took my wife along. He was even worse. He didn't listen to us at all...and he wanted us to know he wasn't listening. She also experienced him as the most closed-minded and arrogant of any doctor she had ever sat with. You people can do better.
I went in for a thyroid check up and he made me feel like I was only on the medication to lose weight. He was out to prove I didn't have hypothyroidism. I went off the meds for five weeks and felt horrible. All my symptoms returned. He only tests TSH levels and they came back within range so he told me there was nothing he could do for me. I asked him if it could be something besides hypothyroidism and to test me further. He refused to continue treating me. Very rude.
in Provo, UT |
Dr Ahmad, Was very rude and condescending. He had to be interrupted many times to be able to ask a question. He was more worried about me being over weight than he was about my thyroid or pituitary working. Do see Horrible experience.
Have you seen Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmad?