Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  ·

Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 15 years. He specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Endocrinology Center of Utah

4465 S 900 E Ste 200

Salt Lake City, UT 84124

• Altius Health Plans
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)
  • SelectHealth

Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
Medicaid
Molina Healthcare
MHNet - Behavioral Health
Public Employees Health Plan (PEHP)
Public Employees Health Plan
SelectHealth
Tricare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Ahmad's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

3.3

Dr. Ahmad?
Dr. Ahmad's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD
Negligent. Never had any education or explanation of my conditions whatsoever. He told me 100% I have Hashimoto’s and have me hormones without checking my levels. Turns out I have Grave’s and went severely hyperthyroid. His office never returned any calls. I had to walk in to get my labs and had to keep insisting I needed a test they forgot the last time too. They had to call me after I left to say I was right but needed to go to a difference lab. I could have done all of it at my lab instead of it being an all day thing all over town. I kept calling about another lab indicating if I could start my medication, but for over two weeks they said they had the results back but Dr. Ahmad still needs to look at them. You see, untreated hyperthyroidism can be dangerous. I was at the urgent care yesterday. I found a new doctor that tests before giving medications. I told his receptionist about being ill and she was very uninterested. Canceled my follow up and found a better doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
After seeing many endocrinologists in Utah; Dr. Shahzad, in Endocrinology Center of Utah located in Lehi was the exact consultant I was looking for! Very straightforward, accurate diagnosis and gave me knowledgeable information about my condition. Furthermore, he gave me clear cut instructions, and made me feel much better after leaving my appointment. I’ll be continuing with him and I would definitely recommend Dr. Shahzad to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Based in Lehi, Dr. Shahzad Ahmad is the only doctor whose medications and recommendations worked for me and guided me towards better health, as he really knows his meds! I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I am truly blessed to have found Dr.Shahzad Ahmad at Lehi. When I first came to his office, I was confused and a complete mess of what was happening. He took his time explaining me my disease which helped me understand the real concern. I left his office with confidence and reassurance, which made me feel that he was the doctor for me as he knew what I was going through. Now, I have been consulting him since the past year, and have experienced visible results. Thank you for your assistance Dr.Shahzad!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
My visit to Dr.Shahzad Ahmad at Lehi always results beneficial to me. He takes his time and always makes me understand my problematic areas, on how to fix them with proper care. He always tries to give the best diagnosis based on my issue. I love the fact that he’s not only professional but also goes an extra mile for his patient’s well-being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I have been a diabetic for 12 years. Reaching out to Dr. Shahzad was one of my best decisions. On my every visit at his Lehi office, he ensures that I’m taking my medications on time, and regularly updates my supplements & medicines according to my test results and health improvements. I appreciate having him as my doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Very thankful to have Dr. Shahzad Ahmad as my endocrinologist. He’s been very supportive and understanding of the challenges that I’ve been facing since the past 4 years with my type 2 diabetes. He’s passionate about his area of medical practice and I can clearly see that as he has helped me in bringing drastic changes in my health only through his passion & motivation to genuinely help his patients. Best thing is that he has shifted his office to LEHI which is not so far now from my home.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I was suffering from toxic nodule thyroid problem with much pain. My friend refer me to Endocrinology Center of Utah Salt Lake City office. Where I met Dr. Shahzad MD. He is one of the best in his field. I am very fortunate to have been treated by him. He genuinely cares about your overall health. Very lucky to have been referred to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I visited Dr. Shahzad Ahmad at their Salt Lake City office. Their staff was highly professional, environment was good enough and when I met with Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, He was extremely professional and very knowledgeable person. I was there for about 30 minutes with him. He explained me everything and prescribed medications. I was very impressed by his behavior with me. Luckily, now they are moving to their new office in Salt Lake City which is also near to my home. It is good to have a doctor and h
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Shahzad Ahmad is highly professional, very humble and always listen to me very carefully. I had gone to other doctors before but Dr. Shahzad Ahmad was beyond reproach. He prescribed medication and now I feel much better physically. I would never go to any other doctor for my problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Last month I felt pain at the base of my neck, which was causing swallowing and breathing difficulties. I consulted it with my family doctor, who diagnosed me with fluid-filled lumps in my thyroid and referred me to Dr. Shahzad Ahmed at Endocrinology Center of Utah. I found Dr. Shahzad Ahmed very kind and expert in treatment. He suggested a fine needle aspiration biopsy. Now I feel quite comfortable and healthy with his treatment. My overall experience with Dr. Shahzad Ahmed was excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
My experience with Dr. Shahzad Ahmed at Endocrinology Center of Utah was tremendous. I never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision. He answered all of my questions related to my autoimmune disease and worked with me to decide on the best treatment. He and Lora showed genuine care for me. I recommend Dr. Shahzad Ahmed to anyone experiencing thyroid related problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Shahzad Ahmad. He was very thorough with my checkup, questions about my health, etc. He also performed some tests needed. The medical technicians were very professional and my full appointment was done in a timely manner. I suggest Dr. Shahzad to patients with endocrinology problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
My experience with Dr. Shahzad was exceptional. He took time and answered all the questions that I was concerning the post-surgery visit. Staff are professional yet friendly and caring. The ease of moving from one area to another was great in Park City Hospital. I would recommend Dr. Shahzad to anyone looking for the best endocrinologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Shahzad Ahmad! He is a wonderful doctor. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Dr. Shahzad is always willing to help me at any time and goes out of his way to make sure our needs are taken care of. He spends enough time with you to get to know you and to treat the whole person. Dr. Shahzad was highly recommended to me by another physician and I totally see why. His nurse, Lora, is great, too. Thanks to a great team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Few months ago, I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and was treated at Park City Hospital by Dr. Shahzad Ahmad. As always, my visit with Dr. Shahzad Ahmad was great! He is always so good at covering all the bases. But the one thing I would say is his outstanding trait, he is never in a hurry and answers all my questions and concerns. I would recommend Dr. Shahzad to anyone seeking best endocrinologist in Utah.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Ahmad is super knowledgeable and friendly. My appointments with him are always quick and easy, but he does not rush through them and makes sure that all of my questions are answered. Since my appointments are usually booked long in advance, I sometimes forget to work them into my schedule. In those cases, his staff is always understanding and flexible with me getting things rescheduled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I went from doctor to doctor trying to find a cause for my weakness and thyroid tenderness symptoms for the last two months and they could not find a diagnosis and they kept putting me on some different medications. But those medications made me feel worse. Then one of my friend suggested me to visit Park City Hospital. I visited there and met with Dr. Shahzad Ahmad. I found him knowledgeable and expert in his field. I could see him thinking as he kept asking me more and more questions and diagn
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
After being referred to Park City Hospital by my local doctor, I have been seeing Dr. Shahzad Ahmad for over two years now for autoimmune disease and have had nothing but a wonderful experience. Dr. Ahmad listens to your concerns, spends as much time with you as needed and genuinely wants to get to the bottom of the disease. He is very quick in getting lab results back to you. I found him proficient in his treatment expertise. He is always available for any questions or concerns. Thank you Dr. S
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
I was recommended to visit Park City Hospital for my thyroid. I went there and visited Dr. Shahzad Ahmad. Where I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and Propylthiouracil (PTU) was recommended. Now after two weeks of Propylthiouracil, I am feeling quite well. I found Dr. Ahmad very supportive and open to discuss anything about my disease and treatment. Now I am looking forward for my next follow up with him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmad?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Ahmad treats patients.