Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Thyroid Institute of Utah 1055 N 300 W Ste 212, Provo, UT 84604 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ahmad specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Provo, UT. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Ahmad? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ahmad's Experience

See how Dr. Ahmad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahmad

Dr. Ahmad accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ahmad has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Ahmad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmad to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Ahmad
Dr. Ahmad's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (85)
Simi Valley, CA |
I don't like leaving bad reviews. I really give doctors the benefit of the doubt. . But this guy is the worst doctor ever! if you have a thyroid problem don't see him. I wish someone would have told me. Arrogant, condescending, will not listen and extremely dismissive. I could write a novel was my horrible experience.. but if you have other options... even if you need to travel 4 hours to see someone good.. it's worth it. Do your homework on thyroid illness and go to someone who gets this.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Ahmad was very professional and thorough. He took the time to explain things and answer questions. I didn't get what some of the reviews here were talking about, some people are just angry. I would highly recommend him.
in Murray, UT |
Dr Ahmad was 1 hour late for my initial visit.Once he arrived he did a quick ultrasound, didn't have time for questions and ushered me out of his office in under 2 minutes. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went for a 2nd visit. Same thing happened, he was in too much of a hurry to answer my questions and again had me out of the exam room in under 2 minutes. Needless to say I did not go back. In my opinion this man has no interest in providing good medical care, he's only in it for the $$
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Everyone gives this guy a bad review. My first visit was ok. He's looking out for me and himself. Thant kinda bugged me after the first visit. The 2nd visit I went to go over my BT result's and testosterone levels as I told him they were very low to begin with we spoke and he started me on my treatments. I feel like a man again, and I never knew having low t how bad it can be. Dr Ahmad shahzad was very helpful for me. And I'm back. Helpful staff as well.
in Logan,Ut |
He is extremely patronizing. He made me feel like an idiot for even being there. He refused to look at anything I had brought with me from a different clinic and told me he would just crumple them up and throw them in the garbage. He would not allow me to discuss any symptoms. He even told me that the two other doctors I had seen previously didn't know what they were doing and I just needed to lower my medication dose. I left with a prescription for the same thing I have been on for 2 yrs.
Pleasant Grove, UT |
He made me wait almost an hour both times I saw him then spent about 10 minutes with me each time, even though one of them was the initial appointment. He didn't allow me to finish reading my list of symptoms. I got about halfway down the list when he stopped me. I do not feel like I was able to give the basics about my symptoms or concerns.
in Orem, UT |
Excellent care...was very respectful.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Ahmad is respectful and straight forward. I appreciate that he takes the time to make sure I understand the test results as he reviews them with me and takes time to explain what needs to be done in the future and makes sure I am okay with those future plans. I found him to be genuine and caring.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
The worst physician experience of my life. He is arrogant, egotistical and disrespectful, all in the extreme. After the first time I saw him, I was just angry about the experience, but I thought 'maybe I am making too much of it'. Then, the second time, I took my wife along. He was even worse. He didn't listen to us at all...and he wanted us to know he wasn't listening. She also experienced him as the most closed-minded and arrogant of any doctor she had ever sat with. You people can do better.
I went in for a thyroid check up and he made me feel like I was only on the medication to lose weight. He was out to prove I didn't have hypothyroidism. I went off the meds for five weeks and felt horrible. All my symptoms returned. He only tests TSH levels and they came back within range so he told me there was nothing he could do for me. I asked him if it could be something besides hypothyroidism and to test me further. He refused to continue treating me. Very rude.
in Provo, UT |
Dr Ahmad, Was very rude and condescending. He had to be interrupted many times to be able to ask a question. He was more worried about me being over weight than he was about my thyroid or pituitary working. Do see Horrible experience.
Have you seen Dr. Shahzad Ahmad, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmad?

Compare Dr. Ahmad

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Provo, UT 84604

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

• Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Army Medical College

• Fellow American College of Endocrinology, F.A.C.E, 2011
    • Certificate in Advanced Neck Ultrasonography and Biopsy, 2008
    • Board Certified in Endocrinology,Diabetes and Metabolism, 2006
    • www.facebook.com/thyroidutah

Dr. Ahmad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Ahmad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology and Internal Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ahmad

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ahmad's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Ahmad

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients