Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari
Telehealth services available

Texas Center Maternal & Fetal

6410 Fannin St Ste 350 Houston, TX 77030

Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. Nader-Eftekhari has more experience with Diabetes and Reproductive Endocrinology than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nader-Eftekhari to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Houston

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari accepts

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO
Humana Health Plan of Texas
Houston Area HMO-Standard

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 68% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 88% of their peers

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 88% of their peers

Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats Diabetic Ketoacidosis more than 70% of their peers

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 70% of their peers

Diabetes Type 2

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats Diabetes Type 2 more than 62% of their peers

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 62% of their peers

Reproductive Endocrinology

Reproductive endocrinologists diagnose and treat conditions that contribute to infertility and perform fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), sperm banking, and egg freezing.Compare with other Reproductive Endocrinology specialists.

Typically treats 40% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
high

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Kidney Disease
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer evening visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nader-Eftekhari

2.4

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari?
I also had a horrible visit. I was very sick and pregnant. She told me not to talk and to only answer the questions she asked. Then when she was done she pushed me out of the office. She is worthless.
NP – Apr 03, 2020
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
SHE WAS A JEWEL!!! I visited her at UT Physicians location in Houston for an enlarged thyroid nodule. Dr. Nader-Eftekhari was very thorough, clear and straight to the point! A wealth of knowledge and she is very experienced. Like stated in previous reviews on Healthgrades, she did type her medical notes with her index fingers instead of hand writing them while asking medical history questions and cross referencing with previous notes/labs. Being that the office is generally busy, you may feel a bit rushed which is why she doesn't like answering a ton of questions until she fully reads and interpret previous lab results. I kinda knew what to expect so I made sure that all of my labs results and previous medical history related to my thyroid nodule was already in the system before I arrived. I would definitely recommend her as your Endocrinologist with over 40 plus years experience, she knows her stuff!
McDuffie – Oct 31, 2019
Thank you for the compliment of our physicians....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
If I could list ZERO STARS I WOULD ! ! I have been a nurse for 20 years. This is a terrible prvider. Horrible bedside manner, does not listen to the patient, arrogent, pompus, depends more on her experience rather thsn what the patient is experiencing or feeling. Will not let let you speak upon first meting you. HORRIBLE. I fired her as my Endocrinologist. People you have that option as a patient. THere are OTHER Dr. avaialbe out ther. DO NOT STAND FOR LESS THAT EXCEPTIONAL TREATMENT!!!
Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
If I could give less than a star I would first and only medicine I took from her permanently gave me anxiety issues that seem to be irreversible. Tried going back years later with new research studies I found and she completely ignored all I said. I tore up the new meds she prescribed me after researching and finding out that they'd be terrible for me too. Even kept insisting O go on a med after I started I wanted nothing to do with that kind of medicine. Worst doctor ever.
Houston, TX – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Shockingly terrible provider. Echoing the sentiments of the other reviewers, Dr. Nader spent 95% of the appointment on the computer going over my medical history. She left no time for discussion or an actual exam, and when I asked the only question I could, she quickly dismissed me and implied I was being inconsiderate for going over our time limit (she was 40 minutes late). Very abrasive personality. This is job is simply a paycheck for her and you are just a number. Look elsewhere.
Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
ZERO STARS. I saw Dr. Nader in 2016 for thyroid issues. She followed my labs for 3 months & tried to convince me I had Graves' Disease & wanted me to take some serious medications. I voiced concerns with this plan because my labs were improving, I tested negative for the Graves' Disease marker, & my symptoms were resolving. She told me if I didn't take the medications I would die. I got a second opinion a month later and all of my labs were normal. Dr. Nader would have ruined my thyroid for life
Melissa in Houston, TX – Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Honestly I felt like just a number . We had no eye contact all she did was type in the computer .horrible listener and no bedside manner
Apr 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Dr. Nader-Eftekhari had not reviewed my medical records prior to our first (and only) appointment, but her lack of knowledge and understanding of my medical history didn't stop her from telling me that every physician I've seen in the past 4 years, including some who treated me for years, was entirely wrong about my diagnosis. She was condescending, despite being totally unaware of the recent medical literature in her field related to my condition. My experience with her was abysmal. Stay away.
Mar 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
This is my second time seeing Dr. Nader and I regret coming back to her after transferring to another provider. She did not review my records prior to the visit, spent 90% of the visit reviewing my records and reading her own prior note loudly and typing the note obsessively. She cared about getting her notes done during the visit more than answering my questions and concerns. She interrupted me multiple times so she could type on the computer. She had good knowledge but poor bedside manners.
Houston, TX – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced. Didn't introduce herself, was harsh, discourteous, asked same questions over and over. Took my medical history for an HOUR and entered answers into computer by typing with her index finger. It took an hour for her to take my medical history, then her actual exam was 5 minutes.
Heather McCarty in Houston – Mar 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
This doctor states she doesn't have not will she take time toward care for her fragile diabetic patient. Horrible bed side manner an willingness to work with her take time to help if it's not a simple fix. Left in tears with no help for my high blood sugar levels an being told I should find another doctor an how she has twenty other patients an I'm taking up to much of her, she is very rude. Office staff on the other hand are caring an go above an beyond there jobs to comfort patients.
Rachel crites in Spring,tx – Mar 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
She was rude and only wants to say what she wants then gets up to leave.Spent time telling me about a drug that's overpriced when she knew my A1C was normal then I called office to get a RX for my test strips and lancets. She called me back to tell me no. It would be irresponsible of her to write a prescription for that. I said how do you think my A1c was in good range? Because I check it after eating to see what raises my sugar and what doesn't. She obviously has no common sense for a doctor.
Friendswood tx – Jan 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
The worst experience I have ever had. She spent the entire time typing on a computer, has no bedside Manner, made my 19 year old daughter extremely upset, and didn't take the time to sit with us and understand my daughters symptoms. I have never written a review but feel compelled since our experience was so upsetting.
Jan 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nader-Eftekhari?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

University Of Leeds, Faculty Of Medicine and Health

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Nader-Eftekhari offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (832) 325-7200