Contact provider for availability

Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 73

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari

Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Houston, TX. She graduated from University Of Leeds, Faculty Of Medicine and Health and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and reproductive endocrinology & infertility.

Contact provider for availability

Make an appointment

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari accepts

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO
Humana Health Plan of Texas
Houston Area HMO-Standard

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Nader-Eftekhari's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 90% of her peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high
high

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 88% of her peers

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats this condition more than 88% of her peers

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Kidney Disease
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Dr. Nader-Eftekhari?
Dr. Nader-Eftekhari's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD
RecentMost Helpful
If I could give less than a star I would first and only medicine I took from her permanently gave me anxiety issues that seem to be irreversible. Tried going back years later with new research studies I found and she completely ignored all I said. I tore up the new meds she prescribed me after researching and finding out that they'd be terrible for me too. Even kept insisting O go on a med after I started I wanted nothing to do with that kind of medicine. Worst doctor ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Shockingly terrible provider. Echoing the sentiments of the other reviewers, Dr. Nader spent 95% of the appointment on the computer going over my medical history. She left no time for discussion or an actual exam, and when I asked the only question I could, she quickly dismissed me and implied I was being inconsiderate for going over our time limit (she was 40 minutes late). Very abrasive personality. This is job is simply a paycheck for her and you are just a number. Look elsewhere.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
ZERO STARS. I saw Dr. Nader in 2016 for thyroid issues. She followed my labs for 3 months & tried to convince me I had Graves' Disease & wanted me to take some serious medications. I voiced concerns with this plan because my labs were improving, I tested negative for the Graves' Disease marker, & my symptoms were resolving. She told me if I didn't take the medications I would die. I got a second opinion a month later and all of my labs were normal. Dr. Nader would have ruined my thyroid for life
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Honestly I felt like just a number . We had no eye contact all she did was type in the computer .horrible listener and no bedside manner
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Dr. Nader-Eftekhari had not reviewed my medical records prior to our first (and only) appointment, but her lack of knowledge and understanding of my medical history didn't stop her from telling me that every physician I've seen in the past 4 years, including some who treated me for years, was entirely wrong about my diagnosis. She was condescending, despite being totally unaware of the recent medical literature in her field related to my condition. My experience with her was abysmal. Stay away.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
This is my second time seeing Dr. Nader and I regret coming back to her after transferring to another provider. She did not review my records prior to the visit, spent 90% of the visit reviewing my records and reading her own prior note loudly and typing the note obsessively. She cared about getting her notes done during the visit more than answering my questions and concerns. She interrupted me multiple times so she could type on the computer. She had good knowledge but poor bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
Worst bedside manner I've ever experienced. Didn't introduce herself, was harsh, discourteous, asked same questions over and over. Took my medical history for an HOUR and entered answers into computer by typing with her index finger. It took an hour for her to take my medical history, then her actual exam was 5 minutes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
This doctor states she doesn't have not will she take time toward care for her fragile diabetic patient. Horrible bed side manner an willingness to work with her take time to help if it's not a simple fix. Left in tears with no help for my high blood sugar levels an being told I should find another doctor an how she has twenty other patients an I'm taking up to much of her, she is very rude. Office staff on the other hand are caring an go above an beyond there jobs to comfort patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
She was rude and only wants to say what she wants then gets up to leave.Spent time telling me about a drug that's overpriced when she knew my A1C was normal then I called office to get a RX for my test strips and lancets. She called me back to tell me no. It would be irresponsible of her to write a prescription for that. I said how do you think my A1c was in good range? Because I check it after eating to see what raises my sugar and what doesn't. She obviously has no common sense for a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?
The worst experience I have ever had. She spent the entire time typing on a computer, has no bedside Manner, made my 19 year old daughter extremely upset, and didn't take the time to sit with us and understand my daughters symptoms. I have never written a review but feel compelled since our experience was so upsetting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahla Nader-Eftekhari, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nader-Eftekhari?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Nader-Eftekhari treats patients.