Dr. Shahla Ali, MD

Dr. Shahla Ali, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Shahla Ali, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Allen, TX. She is 41 years old. Read her story

1333 W McDermott Dr Ste 150

Allen, TX 75013

• Scott & White Health Plan
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Ali

See how frequently Dr. Ali performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
high
Adjustment Disorder
high

Dr. Ali's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ali's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ali "Dr. Ali is a board-certified Psychiatrist with extensive experience who is very passionate about the field and cares deeply about her patients well being. She has treated thousands of patients in both both in-patient (hospitals) and outpatient (office visit) settings. She has extensive experience in treating common Psychiatric conditions such as ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar, OCD, PTSD and many more. She has conservative approach to medication and only prescribes after carefully assessing each patient and analyzing benefits and side effects. "

This content was provided by Dr. Ali "''I believe in providing the most innovative & evidence based treatments to my patients. In my office you are not just a number but a person with your own individual needs specific to your own circumstances & somatic experiences''"

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry
  • Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Opioid Withdrawal
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Stress Management

• Meharry Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Ali has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Urdu

Dr. Ali does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ali and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ali's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ali to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Ali's Performance
in Allen, TX |
Outstanding services. Very honest and hardworking.
Richardson, TX |
Dr. Ali is a very humble person ,she treats patients with compassion and empathy ...the best qualities a psychiatrist can have,she makes people feel comfortable because of her friendly demeanor, highly recommended for anyone who needs trustworthy bonding with the mental health provider.
in Paris, TX |
She treated my 17 years old most stubborn kid with a lot of patience and passion. She didn't hesitate to confront him when he showed his sense of entitlement and tried to lie on her face. She remained very calm yet dedicated to his complete recovery. I felt a mother to mother connection with her. Very personable.
in Allen, TX |
I really liked that I didn't have to talk to multiple people regarding my difficult and personal situation. Dr. Ali took her time to completely understand reasons for my situation and prescribed a medication that has already changed my life. She was reachable even outside of appointment for quick questions. Very knowledgeable and highly recommended!!!
in Allen, TX |
If you are serious about your treatment, Dr. Ali is the doc for you. She is a very straight forward and honest person. She is one of best addiction psychiatrists in whole DFW area. I felt like I was talking to a real person and not a robot. She is very professional and yet very personable at the same time. I am an introvert but i felt very comfortable talking to her about the most difficult experiences of my life. She will hold you accountable for your sobriety and treatment. But if you are a dr
Seattle, WA |
She is the best Psychiatrist I have ever seen. She has changed my life.
in Allen, TX |
I found Dr. Ali when I lost all hope in life & she gave me hope. I realized for the first time, just my medications were not enough to get better. I needed willpower and my will to live came back when she gave me hope.
in Mesquite tx |
Caring doctor with great understanding of what you are dealing with. She shows that she is in the right field in which she picked to work. 100% care for whom she is working with.
in Allen, TX |
As a first time patient, Dr. Ali was caring, thorough, understanding, and allowed me to be comfortable with her treatment and plans going forward.
in McKinney,TX |
There aren't enough stars to express how much I love Dr. Ali. She is by far the best doctor I've ever had in my life. Intelligent, trustworthy, articulate, caring and highly skilled are just some of her attributes. I look forward to every appointment because I know I will leave feeling much better than I did upon arrival. Her soothing words and beautiful spirit does more for me than medicaton will ever do. She is a true healer and I appreciate her so much for caring about my life!
in Allen , TX |
She was nice but treated me as if I was a drug addict telling me that I would be getting random drug tests,etc. I have been on the same low dosage of Prozac for a long time. Seemed strange. I went once. The front desk is also extremely rude and they send you a ridiculous amount of appointment reminders.
in Allen, TX |
I have seen many doctors in life and I understand that they often rush you because they are very busy but when I met Dr. Ali, she seemed genuinely interested in my story. She does not do sweet talk & she often admits it but her upfront honest style has always built my trust in her.
in Allen, Texas |
I trust her judgement completely with my treatment. She has always been very kind and empathetic.
in Plano, TX |
Told her my med. (anxiety) made me eat until i puke and then i would eat more. She told me that med. did not have that side effect. It took 2 visits and about 30 lbs (6 weeks) to get her to take me off of it. she doesn't know how to write an address on an envelope, so her info never made it to my disability case. My insurance changed and they wanted her to reauthorize a medication refill. We gave her the paper work to reauthorize it on her desk, a week later my insurance has not received it
Have you seen Dr. Shahla Ali, MD?
Are you Dr. Ali?