Dr. Shahin Sheibani-Rad, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Shahin Sheibani-Rad, MD
Dr. Rad is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries, including arthroscopic surgery, shoulder, hip and knee joint replacement, and orthopaedic trauma. He attended the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), and graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor's degree in psychobiology. He received his Doctorate of Medicine at the Chicago Medical School, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He was the founder and president of the surgery interest group at the Chicago Medical School. While at the Chicago Medical School, Dr. Rad trained at Yale University school of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, and Hospital for Special Surgery. Dr. Rad completed his internship at the prestigious Brown University in Rhode Island, and his orthopaedic surgery residency at McLaren-Flint through Michigan State University. Dr. Rad also served as the only Chief resident during his residency. During his residency, he was trained extensively in primary total knee replacement with patient specific custom implants, partial knee replacement, revision total knee replacement, and primary and revision total hip replacement including direct anterior hip replacement. He trained at the regions only level 1 trauma center treating complex adult and pediatric fractures. He also served as an adjunct professor of surgery at Michigan State University. In recognition of his outstanding research, Dr. Rad was awarded the Michigan State University annual research forum award for orthopaedic surgery research. Dr. Rad pursued his passion, and completed a fellowship in joint replacement at the University of Southern California. His training included primary total knee replacement, primary total hip replacement, revision total knee arthroplasty, and revision total knee arthroplasty. He is trained in Mako Robotic partial knee replacement, robotic total hip replacement, computer navigation total knee and hip replacement, and bi-cruciate total knee arthroplasty. During his fellowship, Dr. Rad also served as a clinical instructor in orthopaedic at the University of Southern California training orthopaedic residents, and medical students. Dr. Rad is active in orthopaedic surgery research, and has published numerous articles. He has presented his work at numerous local, national and international meetings. He has published articles in the prestigious Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Bone and Joint Journal (Formerly British Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery), Journal of Arthroscopy, and the American Journal of Sports Medicine among others. He has also published many instructional course lectures, and has been recognized for his research with the Michigan State University annual research award. He serves as the editor for the World Journal of Orthopaedics. He is a reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty, Arthroplasty Today, Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, and SLACK Orthopaedics journal. He is a member of the California Orthopaedic Association, American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.

Dr. Sheibani-Rad's Care Philosophy

Our philosophy is, before considering surgery all patients should try a comprehensive approach to non-surgical treatment. Those who fail to find success with conservative treatment and elect to have surgery are thoroughly evaluated with respect to general health, lifestyle, living situation and occupation before the doctor and patient choose the appropriate surgery. When surgery is necessary to correct an orthopaedic disorder or injury, our hospitals have state-of the-art operating rooms. Equipped with the most advanced instrumentation and equipment, these operating rooms are staffed by highly trained professionals who assist our physicians during surgery, and monitor patients in the recovery room. If surgery is recommended, the operative plan and the recovery process are thoroughly explained to the patient by the physician.

Dr. Sheibani-Rad's Experience

See how Dr. Sheibani-Rad's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sheibani-Rad

Dr. Sheibani-Rad accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Sheibani-Rad is now accepting new patients
    Shahin S. Rad MD, PC16311 Ventura Blvd Ste 1150
    Encino, CA 91436
    Evening
    Saturday
    (818) 477-0787Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 8 hospitals where Dr. Sheibani-Rad has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sheibani-Rad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sheibani-Rad to family and friends
    Dr. Sheibani-Rad's Performance
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    wonderful surgeon! did a great job with my knee replacement.
    in Pasadena, CA |
    The best hip replacement surgeon is LA! he is a miracle worker. His staff is wonderful.
    in Encino, CA |
    I had a total hip replacement that was done by Dr. Rad. From the moment I met him at the initial consultation, I knew that I had the right surgeon. The afternoon of the surgery, I was up and walking. The day after surgery I was on my way home. If I didn't know any better I would think that I never had a problem with my hip. I'm doing whatever I want to do with absolutely no pain or discomfort. His entire staff is the best. Highly recommend him for a hip replacement.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Rad and his staff are wonderful. As a surgeon he is wonderful. I was not sure about having hip replacement. After meeting I felt very comfortable. 1 year after surgery, I am very happy and thankful for him.
    in Woodland Hills, CA |
    Dr. Rad has excellent bedside manners. He takes time to explain everything. His office is great too!
    in Van Nuys, CA |
    Dr. Rad performed an anterior hip replacement 6 months ago. I am forever grateful for his caring manner as well as his amazing skills as a surgeon. I was out of the hospital in less than 24 hours. I was off my walker in 2 weeks. I was able to get my normal life back, and will always be grateful to Dr. Rad.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr Rad is the best hip replacement in LA. I had the new anterior approach hip replacement and I had no pain after surgery. I left the hospital in less than 24 hours. I was off my walker and cane in 2 weeks. I would recommended him to anyone who was told they need a hip replacement.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Rad is the best surgeon around! he listened to me when no one else did, and he fixed my knee. I am without pain after many years. I can't thank him enough.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Wonderful bedside manners. He takes time with his patients. I had a wonderful result after my hip replacement surgery, and would recommend him to anyone who needs a hip replacement.
    in Pacoima, CA |
    Dr. Rad did a right hip replacement and took away years of pain. I had a leg that was longer before surgery and he was able to fix that too. I dont have any pain and I left the hospital in 1 day. I am forever grateful to him.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Excellent surgeon with great bedside manner. He uses latest technology. He did a great job with my hip replacement. He did anterior approach and I was able to leave hospital in less than 24 hours!
    in Sherman Oaks, CA |
    great surgeon
    in Northridge, CA |
    Dr. Rad is very caring and has excellent bedside manners. He took the time to explain everything. He is very responsive and a great surgeon.
    in Marina Del Rey, CA |
    Great doctor! very caring. Highly recommend him to anyone who needs an orthopedic surgeon.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I had revision surgery with Dr. Rad, and very pleased with his work.
    in Studio city , ca |
    Very happy with his care.
    Great surgeon!
    in Marina Del Rey, CA |
    Dr. Rad is extremely knowledgeable and spends as much time as you need to answer your questions. He is a special physician and human being. Dr. Rad is one of the most talented and amazing surgeons I have ever seen. He operated on my best friend who had a previous surgery and was botched. Thanks to Dr Rad she's now 100% pain free. He has the most professional staff we've ever seen.
    in Encino, CA |
    Dr. Rad just my mothers hip. He did an excellent job. He was very nice, and compassionate through the hospital stay. He answered all of my familys concerns. We highly recommend him. He is a great doctor!
    in Tarzana, CA |
    My meniscus was torn. I saw Dr. Rad, and he did a scope and fixed. I dont have pain or locking of my knee. I am thankful I was referred to him. He is very nice, and caring. He explained everything to me, and took the time to listen to me.
    in Anaheim, CA |
    I came to Dr. Rad for a second opinion on my knee. I was told I needed a major surgery. He treated me without surgery, and my knee feels great. He is honest unlike the other surgeon I saw. He has great bedside manners, listens, and explains. He gives his personal cell phone to call him anytime. He is the best orthopaedic surgeon in lost angles!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr. Rad did a great job with my hip replacement. I no longer need a shoe lift, and able to walk and golf!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I had tear of my meniscus. Dr. Rad fixed with using arthroscopy. I dont have catching or locking of my knee anymore. I can walk like I did before, and the pain is gone. He did a great job with my surgey!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Great surgeon !! Was recommended to me by my primary doctor - the only doctor I would recommend. Had hip surgery 2 months ago , & went without a hitch. His support staff at his practice is top rated. As far as orthopedic surgery , Dr. Shahin Rad is the best !!
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I had a previous knee replacement that failed. I went to 2 other orthopaedic surgeons and they couldnt fix it. I was referred to Dr. Rad by my regular doctor. He was able to fix my knee, and now it doesnt hurt in a long time. I am very thankful to Dr. Rad. He is very caring, listens, and does amazing surgery.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    Amazing surgeon!!! If its broken Dr. Rad will fix it. He is the best surgeon in LA, hand down! Great personality also which makes anyone feel comfortable.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Rad revised my previous knee replacement. I no longer have any instability and I am very grateful to him.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    My mother had a broken hip, and luckily for her Dr. Rad was on call. He fixed the hip, and she is able to walk again. He has excellent bedside manners, and explained everything in detail.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    I couldnt walk until I saw Dr. Rad. He fixed my hip, and now I am able to gold, and play tennis.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    He is very attentive. He takes time to listen.
    Have you seen Dr. Shahin Sheibani-Rad, MD?
    Are you Dr. Sheibani-Rad?

Dr. Sheibani-Rad says...

Dr. Rad is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical and non-surgical treatment of musculoskeletal disorders and injuries, including arthroscopic surgery, shoulder, hip and knee joint replacement, and orthopaedic trauma. He attended the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), and graduated with honors and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor's degree in psychobiology. He received his Doctorate of Medicine at the Chicago Medical School, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He was the founder and president of the surgery interest group at the Chicago Medical School.  While at the Chicago Medical School, Dr. Rad trained at Yale University school of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, and Hospital for Special Surgery.  Dr. Rad completed his internship at the prestigious Brown University in Rhode Island, and his orthopaedic surgery residency at McLaren-Flint through Michigan State University.  Dr. Rad also served as the only Chief resident during his residency. During his residency, he was trained extensively in primary total knee replacement with patient specific custom implants, partial knee replacement, revision total knee replacement, and primary and revision total hip replacement including direct anterior hip replacement. He trained at the regions only level 1 trauma center treating complex adult and pediatric fractures.  He also served as an adjunct professor of surgery at Michigan State University. In recognition of his outstanding research, Dr. Rad was awarded the Michigan State University annual research forum award for orthopaedic surgery research.

Dr. Rad is active in orthopaedic surgery research, and has published numerous articles. He has presented his work at numerous local, national and international meetings. He has published articles in the prestigious Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Bone and Joint Journal (Formerly British Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery), Journal of Arthroscopy, and the American Journal of Sports Medicine among others. He has also published many instructional course lectures, and has been recognized for his research with the Michigan State University annual research award. He serves as the editor for the World Journal of Orthopaedics.  He is a reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty, Arthroplasty Today, Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, and SLACK Orthopaedics journal.

Dr. Sheibani-Rad's Care Philosophy

Dr. Sheibani-Rad's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Hip Arthritis

McLaren Hosp-Mich St U
      University Of Southern California / Keck School Of Medicine
      University of California At Los Angeles

• Farsi

Dr. Sheibani-Rad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sheibani-Rad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Partial Knee Replacement