Psychiatry  |
Dr. Shaheda Maroof, MD
Dr. Shaheda Maroof, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. She is 65 years old and has been practicing for 38 years.

4041 Ed Dr Ste 108

Raleigh, NC 27612

• CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Maroof

See how frequently Dr. Maroof performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Adjustment Disorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Anxiety

Dr. Maroof's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Maroof "I want to make a change in my patients' lives so that they can take care of themselves, their family and finally, the community at large. As far as psychiatric help for children is concerned, Dr. Maroof says that mothers need to be emotionally stable so they can raise 'well-rounded children'. She emphasizes that children pick up on mother's emotional status and anxiety which is a learned behavior. Emotionally healthy parents raise emotionally healthy children!"

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Gandhi Med Coll, Ntr Univ Of Hlth Sci, Hyderabad, Ap, India
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Duke University Med Center
  • Wayne St University Detroit M C

Dr. Maroof has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic
  • Urdu

Dr. Maroof does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maroof and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maroof's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maroof to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Maroof's Performance
    FAIR
in Raleigh, NC |
It was great experience. Well, as good as going to a psychiatrist can go haha. I saw a PA Student, a Resident Psychiatrist and Dr. Maroof herself. They took their time and I didn't feel rushed. They took a very detailed history and asked a lot of questions. It was thorough. I felt heard, respected and not judged. They were not quick to just slap on a label. I really liked how my opinions of medications were heard. I wasn't very concerned about weight gain and that was respected.
Raleigh, NC |
The best psychiatrist I have been to. She does not over medicate and encourages therapy. She listens. I feel like she really cares about her patients.
Raleigh, NC |
I left a previous review and today just checked to see if it was posted. I don't know who those other people are (the ones who gave her bad reviews) but she is the most caring doctor I've ever seen! I just read those reviews again and I have to tell you, my experiences have been nothing but GREAT!
in Brooklyn, NY |
If I could give no stars I would. Dr. Maroof has no concern about her patients. I recently called about side effects from a prescription she prescribed......3 weeks later and still no call. If my child is not important enough to return a call then she does not have the best interest of my child at heart. The front staff are extremely rude and uncaring. I will be looking for a new provider. If you're not a patient and are looking for a provider, Please do not seek medical treatment here.
Wake Forest, NC |
staff rude and unprofessional
Raleigh, NC |
Only met the doctor once and then passed off to her blk assistant, King, for my sons ADHD/ODD. Bc were blk? 1. PA, King prescribes meds morn, noon, and nite to shut you up about your issues. Wont refer to psychologist to get your child further evaluated like promised by the doctor. My next appointment will be with the doctor?? Disappointed with there operation. In my attempt to fill disability the office didn't back me up. Said otherwise. Not a place for parents who have mentally ill kids.
in Morrisville, nc |
Dr. Maroof is very caring, good listener. and great Physician, I m very pleased to be her Patient.
Wappingers Falls, NY |
should learn more about side effects of the medications the she prescribes to her patients and follow up with them as she increases the dose of these meds. My Granddaughter committed suicide while under the care of Dr. Maroof.
Have you seen Dr. Shaheda Maroof, MD?
Are you Dr. Maroof?