Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD

Dr. Minassian
Telehealth services available

Main Line Fertility

2210 Ridgewood Rd Wyomissing, PA 19610

Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in Wyomissing, PA and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University medical school in 1980. He is affiliated with Reading Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Minassian to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinologists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Minassian accepts

Dr. Minassian accepts the following insurance:

Select
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
EmblemHealth
GHI PPO
Federal Employee Program (FEP)
Geisinger Health Plan
Keystone Health Plan East HMO
MedHealthInsurance
UPMC
UPMC PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Minassian treats your condition or procedure

• Blood Disorders
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Hysteroscopy
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Laparoscopic Excision or Destruction of Ovary With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginosis Screening

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. Minassian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Minassian

3.9

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Minassian?
What People Say About Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD
I went to Dr Minassian for a few years. I was not successful with the treatment he offered. He is an excellent surgeon and fixed many issues I was having such as endometriosis and endometrial polyps. Where Dr Minassian is lacking is in treatment options and concentration on losing weight. I took clomid and injectable infertility medications. Clomid made my uterus very thin. There is another option which is called letrozole, combined with injectable meds. I asked him if I could try this treatment and he declined, saying that he did not want to use that treatment. Well I went to Shady Grove and Dr Nyguen helped me successfully conceive within a few months using letrozole. I lost the baby but, I was pregnant again within a year and I’m pregnant with a healthy baby that I will deliver soon. I am overweight but Dr Nguyen never focused on that. So I’d like to see Dr Minassian try new things and stop focusing on weight!!!!!!!!!
Blessed – Oct 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
I had such a negative experience that I would advise other patients to go elsewhere, even if Dr. Minassian is the only clinic that insurance will cover (as was my case). Yes, it’s nice to have insurance cover your treatment, but the entire idea is to have a fertility doctor who is capable of giving you a healthy baby. Many patients are on limited time as well, so I wouldn’t waste my time and energy here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
I had to request to speak with him - over the phone, via email, and after appointments in the clinic - before I had a chance to sit down with him in person. Also, the clinic merged with Mainline Fertility in Jan 2019, and he never told any of his patients until Dec 2018. This impacted many treatment cycles and transfers, including mine. Dr. Minassian is not a good doctor. When I finally had the chance to speak with him regarding failed embryo transfers, he did not remember anything about what had happened. He did not remember the protocol used for stimulation, how many blasts resulted, which and how many embryo were transferred, which frozen embryo transfer protocol I was on, etc. etc. etc. In fact, the majority of our conversations consisted of me recounting all the facts, and him flipping through a large stack of unorganized papers (aka my chart) to look for the relevant data.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
Many of the good reviews here are obviously written by the doctor and his staff... I had a bad overall experience with Dr. Minassian, and would caution anybody struggling with infertility to seek his help. During the time I sought treatment with Dr. Minassian, I noticed many significant problems: First of all, both Dr. Minassian and his staff are extremely disorganized. On numerous occasions, nurses and medical assistants did not know which medications (and at what doses) I was taking, and mistakenly assumed that I was on a different medication and dosage. I had to correct them on at least 5-7 different occasions, which created an environment of distrust where I always felt like I had to double-check their work. When I corrected an error, the staff never acknowledged or apologized for the error. The staff always said something along the lines of “Oh, I’m not sure why XYZ (aka someone else) made this mistake.” Basically, there was no ownership or sense of responsibility.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
My husband and I have been trying to start a family for over 2 years now. After dealing with a doctor who was treating our situation like a guessing game, we finally decided to go see him. I was SO pleased and for the first time I feel hopeful and optimistic. He was so caring and kind - and made a plan of action to figure out the source of what is going on. Highly recommend him! He is great!
Apr 03, 2019
Dr. Minassian's Reply – Flag
Thank you so much for your kind words!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
If I could give this practitioner a 0 I would. He was not compassionate at all towards women experiencing infertility. He doesn't look at his patients as people, but as a statistics to help his numbers. If you are at all overweight DO NOT GO TO HIM. I promise you that he will not treat you and instead will discriminate against you. The office staff was disorganized and oftentimes I would leave without him giving me the appropriate lab work.
Reading, PA – Sep 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
I love him. He is fabulous. He's quirky, like most really smart people. Incredibly knowledgeable and caring. He wants his patients to succeed and will do everything possible to make that happen. He NEVER rushes visite and is always extremely thorough. I was told by another Dr I would never conceive without IVF. 3 months, 3 procedures, a round of antibiotics and 1 laparoscopic surgery later I got pregnant. If you struggle conceiving, stop waiting and go see Dr Minassian. We will miss him!
Robin in Reading, PA – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
I am a former patient of Dr. Minassian's from Philadelphia. After going to other doctors who completely missed my diagnosis, Dr. Minassian was the only one who took the time to figure out the problem. He also listened to me in follow up appointments and continued to give me the best care. Here is one quote I will never forget You are so used to functioning at 0% that 80% seems fine. I want you to be at 100%. Reading, PA-you are lucky to have him in your city.
Philadelphia, PA – Jun 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
Dr. Minassian and his office staff are simply the best. I have never experienced a doctors office to take care of their patients like they do. Dr. Minassian successfully performed a robotic reverse tubal ligation. He is very skilled and I was able to have two more babies since having the surgery. I'm very grateful for everything he and his staff have done for me!
Naples, FL – Feb 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?
Positive experience with the best outcome. Dr. Minassian is an amazing problem solver for infertility, he finds the source of the issues preventing pregnancy. Not just straight to IVF like some other clinics.
HGG Mom in Douglassville, PA – Dec 17, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shahab Minassian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Minassian?

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility