Dr. Shahab Hillyer, MD

Urology | Male

Dr. Shahab Hillyer, MD
I completed my Bachelor of Science degree at Georgia State University as a distinguished Magna Cum Laude graduate and attended medical school at the University of Texas, Galveston (UTMB). My residency at Brookdale University Hospital (Brooklyn, NY) included two years of general surgery training followed by four years of urology residency. Additionally, I have been involved in research that yielded peer-reviewed articles. I also worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering, which exposed me to high quality urological cancer care. At the Cleveland Clinic, my fellowship training focused on minimally invasive surgery and robotics. More than 80 percent of our procedures were cancer operations, providing me with a strong understanding of oncological surgery and overall treatment for complex cancers. Furthermore, I was exposed to a high volume of reconstructive procedures performed with minimally invasive techniques. Besides my surgical training at the Cleveland Clinic, I co-invented a deployable adjustable pneumatic occlusion device and published over 48 articles in peer reviewed journals. I also authored a book chapter in robotic surgery. In 2012, I joined Kaiser Permanente of Southern California, bringing me closer to my family and hometown. I transitioned to Kern Medical in January of 2016. The changeover allowed me to serve our entire community with advanced urological care in Kern County.

Dr. Hillyer's Care Philosophy

I believe in the idea of serving a community as a whole and making an impact in providing advanced urological care with compassion. It's very important that you feel comfortable with your personal physician. I treat everyone as if they are family.

Dr. Hillyer's Experience

See how Dr. Hillyer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hillyer

Dr. Hillyer accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Hillyer is now accepting new patients
    Kern Medical Stockdale Urology Office9300 Stockdale Hwy Ste 100
    Bakersfield, CA 93311
    (661) 664-2200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hillyer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hillyer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hillyer to family and friends
    Dr. Hillyer's Performance
    in Bakersfield, CA |
    Shahab is not only the best urologist I've ever met he is absolutely the best doctor I've ever met. He was friendly, patient, caring and extremely knowledgeable. He also truly went the extra mile. I've never met a doctor that's cared more and made me feel more at ease. Definitely recommend him to any and everyone.
    Los Angeles, CA |
    Dr Hillyer showed empathy and caring beyond expectation
    in Bakersfield, CA |
    He was able to take care of my bladder cancer in a compassionate manner and excellent bedside manner.
    in Sherman Oaks |
    Dr. Hillyer, is highly knowledgeable with a big heart. In order to uncover potential underlying causes, he takes a holistic view of your health problems in his diagnosis. His genuine care for my well-being, high integrity, and his passion for his field is what made me write this review. I did my research on him before choosing him, he graduated from a top medical school and was trained at the highly regarded Cleveland Clinic. You will instantly recognize his compassion and intelligence.
    Have you seen Dr. Shahab Hillyer, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hillyer?

Dr. Hillyer says...

Dr. Hillyer's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hillyer says...

At the Cleveland Clinic, my fellowship training focused on minimally invasive surgery and robotics. More than 80 percent of our procedures were cancer operations, providing me with a strong understanding of oncological surgery and overall treatment for complex cancers. Furthermore, I was exposed to a high volume of reconstructive procedures performed with minimally invasive techniques. Besides my surgical training at the Cleveland Clinic, I co-invented a deployable adjustable pneumatic occlusion device.

Dr. Hillyer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
    •  Board certified in Urology

Dr. Hillyer has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hillyer's Board Certifications

• Urology

• Bladder Cancer
    • Bladder Diseases
    • Bladder Infection
    • Bladder Stones
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Chronic Kidney Diseases
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Erectile Dysfunction
    • Hydronephrosis
    • Interstitial Cystitis
    • Kidney Cancer
    • Kidney Disease
    • Kidney Stones
    • Neurogenic Bladder
    • Overactive Bladder
    • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
    • Prostate Cancer
    • Prostatitis
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Ureteral Stones
    • Ureteral Stricture or Kinking
    • Urethral Stricture
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Incontinence
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
    • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Completed in 2012

Georgia State University

Graduated in 1999

• Farsi

Dr. Hillyer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hillyer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology
    • Minimally Invasive Surgery
    • Robotic Surgery
    • Urologic Oncology

• Circumcision
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Endoscopic Surgery for Urinary Obstruction
    • Erectile Dysfunction Diagnosis and Management
    • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
    • Kidney Stones Treatment
    • Radical Inguinal Orchiectomy
    • Radical Nephrectomy
    • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
    • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
    • Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor (TURBT)
    • Urethral Reconstruction
    • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
    • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
    • UroLift®