Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD

Practices Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3.5 after 75 reviews.
Author:
Very impersonal interview with physician's assistant who decided on course of treatment before seeing the doctor. Waited 45 minutes to see the Dr. SHAIK who didn't take my symptoms seriously either and did a 1-2 minute exam. I went for a second opinion elsewhere and got a very different experience. Second place was very thorough, did labs and ultrasound in office that day.
Author:
Dr Shaik has lead me in the road to health. Excellent care! Caring professional!
Author:
Dr. Shaik changed by life! I have had type 1 diabetes for 24 years and have had many struggles, especially nighttime lows. My previous doctor had me on an old fashioned regiment. Dr. Shaik immediately placed me on an insulin pump and glucose monitor. Oh my! My life is so much better and controlled. Diabetes is no longer forefront on my mind. My pump does virtually all the thinking.
Author:
Dr Shaik is a good doctor but my appointments are always more than 30 minutes later than scheduled and there is never any apology for the delay. It’s just accepted. I see other physicians who maintain a much more accurate schedule so this is most certainly an issue with Dr Shaik’s Scheduling and I’m seriously considering finding a new doctor because of it.
Author:
Dr. Shaik seems ok. Office staff is a disaster! 1. Lost lab results 2. Failure to deliver message to Dr. 3. They Booked me for 2 appnts in same week accidently, then accused me of a no show, yet no confimation request was ever sent. 4. They called to cancel a booked appt and rescheduled for 2 wks later. Confirmation sent and accepted. Arrived to find no appt on the books. Had to take more time off work. They looked at me like it was MY mistake. Very unproffesional facility.
Author:
Everything about my experience thus far has been terrible. Takes weeks to get prescription out. 4-6 days to respond back to messages. Her office staff is terrible, they never follow through or return calls. I wouldn't recommend this doctor.
Author:
UsuallyI don’t think it’s fair to rate a doctor on anything outside of their personal knowledge & performance as a doctor, however this is an expection. Dr. Shaik is professional, knowledageble, personable, and an overall exceptional doctor. In contrast, her office staff is truly terrible, and that is not said lightly. I’ve never experienced worse & it has been horrible every visit. It’s her practice and she should do something about the gross unprofessionalism that repeatedly marks her business
Author:
She made a vital error in correcting my medication when she failed to view my lab results that put me in a hypoactive state, my PCP had to catch the error. She unapologetically corrected her mistake with no remorse for the turmoil my body has since had to deal with. I do not trust her office staff, nor do I trust her ability to practice medicine. She is a doctor who is making an attempt to save face and has tried to put the blame on me for her incompetent ways. Find a different doctor!
Author:
The WORST drs office I have ever been to. I have been waiting now over 2 weeks to speak to the dr about changing my meds. I have called the office and left messages NO RESPONSE. Most of the time the voicemails are FULL so you cannot even leave a message. If this is there idea of service it sucks! PS I have been calling them because the dr called me, but if you can NEVER speak to anyone or get a response, (if you can ever get to leave a message) This is healthcare at its worst!!!
Author:
If I could give this office a 0 star rating I would... The doctor sent me for bloodwork which has been back for two weeks now. I have left four messages (one with the receptionist) and have yet to get a response. Both appointments I have gone to I have waited an hour past my appointment time to be seen.
Author:
I came to Dr. Shaik when I was at my lowest. Depressed, no engery and in pain. She was so caring, compassionate and SMART. She knew just what I needed, ran tests and showed an honest interest in helping me. I’ve told everyone about her and highly recommend her. She’s fabulous! I am fully on the mend now and so happy I found Dr.Shaik!
Author:
Absolutely horrible!!!! I was a new patient 1st apt. In nov. I was requested to get blood work and follow up apt. In dec. went to lab never received the order called & left multiple messages for 2 week never got a call went in and was told my file wasn’t complete dr. Never completed order and that they gave messages to dr. And nothing. I asked why wasn’t complete why didn’t I ever get a call was told dr. To busy! They said dr. Sent order this morning I called this evening and still no order!!!!
Author:
I think the thing I appreciate more than anything about Dr. Shaik is that I never feel judged or shamed by her. She listens, she acknowledges my progress and encourages me to keep moving forward in new ways to get better results. Dr. Shaik exudes the authenticity, trust, care and concern that I need to feel comfortable coming back time and time again, rather than hiding and running due to my own shame issues. She is a gem, I'm so grateful to have found her!!
Author:
I am impressed in my first visit itself. She listens with patience and explains the remedies. Dr. Sheik has rich experience in her subject. Sayida M. Ali December 06, 2017
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Shaik. She has a wonderful bedside manner, patient and kind. She took the time to educate me on my health matters and answered all my questions.
TWO WORDS.......................NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Author:
Liked the Dr. but hate the portal it says you can leave the Dr. a message. I could not. I have not been back because I did not think I received any answers or help for my problems and it is a 8 hr drive round trip plus the time to see Dr. A full day for no answers or ideas. I might have gone back if the patient portal had had a summery of our visit and I could have sent a message. They keep wanting me to make and appointment but for what? Merle Lewis
Author:
She, is amazing! I have MENs syndrome, which has left me with a pituitary prolactinoma , and a parathyroid adenoma, among other health issues. I am 23 years old and out of the 8 Endocrinologist that i have seen Dr. Shaik was the FIRST and ONLY doctor that has taken care of my issues as a whole. she is fast and too the point she makes sure all my questions are answered and i leave completely confident that i know what is going on.
Author:
Dr. Shaik is an excellent endocrinologist. She has helped me tremendously with thyroid and diabetes problems. Over the past 20 years, I have seen many different endocrinologists in several different states. In my opinion, Dr. Shaik is OUTSTANDING in her field of medicine. She has always treated me as an individual, not just a number. She has found solutions to my medical problems that other endocrinologists never even touched on. She is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate.
Author:
I have been going to Dr. Shaik for months now and she is wonderful. I even recommended my niece to her. I have even sat there and cried to her and she made me feel much better. Plus, she is a good listener. My thyroid is not regulated yet, but we are working on it.
Author:
I love Dr. Shaik! She is kind and caring and always makes me feel important. She explains things so you really understand what is happening to your own body. I had a high A1c until I started seeing Dr. Shaik, now all my numbers are great!
Author:
Dr. Shaik is AMAZING. She is so kind,caring and takes her time explaining and answering all of your questions. You can tell she really cares for her patients. I feel very confident under her care and so LUCKY to have her as my Doctor. Her staff is very kind and always very respectful and courteous always work with your schedule. Thank you Dr. Shaik You the BEST :)
Author:
Found Dr Shaik to be friendly. However, she wanted to consult with nephrologist and 3 weeks later, I never heard from her, nor did she or the staff return my phone calls. This is highly unprofessional.
Author:
Front office was very polite & the back office too. I didn't have any problem both of my appointments. The waiting time was fine. The most best impression for me was the Dr!! I had been w/ other Endrocrinologist for 2 years but he/she said nothing wrong with me but I saw Dr Shaik 2nd appointments, she found growth of my thyroid nodule 2.42 cm. I knew something wrong with me but nobody believed me!! Who will sleep 15 hrs straight without hear anything or hungry or go to the bathroom?
Author:
Wait time is very long, over and hour to hour and a half every time. Office staff does not follow up on patient requests and they do not return phone calls. I am changing doctors.
Author:
Went in hopeful of a good experience. Got just what other people say here. LONG wait times every time I go in. The front desk girl/her assistant (allegedly) told me TWICE that I didn't need to come in yet, when I really did - my condition worsened because I listened to her the FIRST TIME. Second time ARGUED for my health, and got in. Am now on THIRD day of waiting to hear back from Dr. on medication clarification - no call back so far. In my opinion, very disappointing, am looking for new Dr
Author:
While Dr is very knowledgeable and explains everything well, the office staff is not very professional. Staff is much too noisy and loud talking about personal things when there are patients in the waiting room; doesn't return phone calls promptly. I have to continuously call office to ask why prescriptions have not been sent in to pharmacy; has not returned my phone calls regarding questions I have about medication effectiveness.
Author:
She is warm and attentive. I love she is the only doctor that way she get to know you on a personal level which you dont find anymore. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for that type of practice. If youre the kind of person who like to be just another number, in and out service dont come here but if you like the one on one definitely come here.
Author:
The doctor was highly recommended to us by a friend. We waited for over an hour, which was incredibly disappointed. Upon meeting the doctor, however, I found her to be very warm and helpful. Unfortunately, trying to reschedule an appointment is impossible. The office staff are not that helpful and inconsiderate. I wish I had not even wasted my time with office. I am now trying to find another place to go to and will have to start over with the whole experience.