Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism •  Female • Age 44

Telehealth services available

Arizona Diabetes & Endocrinology, PLC

3489 S Mercy Rd Ste 101 Gilbert, AZ 85297

Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Gilbert, AZ. Dr. Shaik has more experience with Osteoporosis, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shaik to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Gilbert

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Critical Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Shaik accepts

Dr. Shaik accepts the following insurance:

Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Shaik

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Shaik treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Shaik treats other conditions, please contact the office at (480) 646-8433.

Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis specialists.

Dr. Shaik typically treats 74% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteopenia
Osteoporosis

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Shaik typically treats 53% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism
Abnormal Thyroid
Hyperparathyroidism

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Dr. Shaik typically treats 52% more often than similar doctors

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

Dr. Shaik's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shaik

3.6

Dr. Shaik?
Terrible doctor overall- would have voted zero stars if available,l. After couple of years wasted with doctor, couldn't identify symptoms and lost time and money. Should have checked her qualifications and her degree (from unknown institution) first. Doctor has no empathy and is there to make fast buck.
Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Shaik for a few years. She really is a terrible doctor. She doesn't seem competent with prescribing the proper dose to where you feel normal and don't have symptoms with hypothyroidism. I used to think it was her staff that was incompetent, but I have come to realize that it is her, too. She sits on paperwork, prior authorizations, prescription refills. The staff cannot make her do her job. I was told by a medical assistant that Dr. Shaik was holding up everything I needed. Last year, she sat on a prior authorization and prescription refills for a rare condition that I have and took months to get 2 prescriptions sent to the pharmacy properly written. I had to file a complaint. I have been trying to get a new issue resolved over 3 days this week with repeated calls. I was assured by the medical assistant that she would talk to the doctor and call me back today. No call. When I called back, the office was closed for the weekend. They don't care.
May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
My husband and I have been going to Dr Shaik for several years now. We have been very happy of how she has been taking care of us since day 1. She is very knowledgeable and competent in her specialty that we felt confident with her care ever since. Every time we come and in and see her, we always have positive experience. She has an exceptional bedside manner and good sense of humor too. She takes time to listen and answer all our questions. Despite having a busy practice, her staff take time for our appointment needs, flexible and always calling us back in a timely manner. We also like the convenience of the Sonora Lab in her office. We highly recommend Dr Shaik.
JR and Aimee – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
I saw Dr Shaik at the brink of giving up. AC1 was over 12 and blood sugar 400. I was told I was on the brink of a diabetic coma. Any other dr would have put me on insulin. Dr Shaik listened to my struggles and goals and prescribed a treatment plan. One year later, today, my AC1 is 6 and average blood sugar at 100. I travel one hour one way to my appointments and while waiting time can be frustrating I know I will receive her full attention when I see her and...simply put...SHE'S WORTH IT. She's my personal miracle worker
Sonia Powers – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
My experience with doctor Shaik is always a positive one. She cares for her patients. I DONT MIND waiting for doctor Shaik because when she is with you she never rushes and I trust her. She is better than my own internal medicine doctor who doesnt care to listen to my problems. Doctor Shaik truly cares about her patients. I am very thankful to have found her.
Candida Bonacci in Apache Junction, AZ – Feb 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Dr Shaik listens while looking directly at me. You don’t get that kind of attention from most doctors! I have been seeing her now for about five- six years. She was great at balancing my hypothyroid issues. So happy to have her for my doctor that I don’t mind traveling 35 minutes to get to her office.
Christine Sherriff – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Very impersonal interview with physician's assistant who decided on course of treatment before seeing the doctor. Waited 45 minutes to see the Dr. SHAIK who didn't take my symptoms seriously either and did a 1-2 minute exam. I went for a second opinion elsewhere and got a very different experience. Second place was very thorough, did labs and ultrasound in office that day.
Gina Wilson – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Dr Shaik has lead me in the road to health. Excellent care! Caring professional!
Vikki – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Dr. Shaik changed by life! I have had type 1 diabetes for 24 years and have had many struggles, especially nighttime lows. My previous doctor had me on an old fashioned regiment. Dr. Shaik immediately placed me on an insulin pump and glucose monitor. Oh my! My life is so much better and controlled. Diabetes is no longer forefront on my mind. My pump does virtually all the thinking.
Angela in Chandler – Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Dr Shaik is a good doctor but my appointments are always more than 30 minutes later than scheduled and there is never any apology for the delay. It’s just accepted. I see other physicians who maintain a much more accurate schedule so this is most certainly an issue with Dr Shaik’s Scheduling and I’m seriously considering finding a new doctor because of it.
Michelle in Chandler, AZ – Nov 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Dr. Shaik seems ok. Office staff is a disaster! 1. Lost lab results 2. Failure to deliver message to Dr. 3. They Booked me for 2 appnts in same week accidently, then accused me of a no show, yet no confimation request was ever sent. 4. They called to cancel a booked appt and rescheduled for 2 wks later. Confirmation sent and accepted. Arrived to find no appt on the books. Had to take more time off work. They looked at me like it was MY mistake. Very unproffesional facility.
Frustrated in Gilbert, AZ – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Everything about my experience thus far has been terrible. Takes weeks to get prescription out. 4-6 days to respond back to messages. Her office staff is terrible, they never follow through or return calls. I wouldn't recommend this doctor.
Mike – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
UsuallyI don’t think it’s fair to rate a doctor on anything outside of their personal knowledge & performance as a doctor, however this is an expection. Dr. Shaik is professional, knowledageble, personable, and an overall exceptional doctor. In contrast, her office staff is truly terrible, and that is not said lightly. I’ve never experienced worse & it has been horrible every visit. It’s her practice and she should do something about the gross unprofessionalism that repeatedly marks her business
Bearnanny – Jun 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
She made a vital error in correcting my medication when she failed to view my lab results that put me in a hypoactive state, my PCP had to catch the error. She unapologetically corrected her mistake with no remorse for the turmoil my body has since had to deal with. I do not trust her office staff, nor do I trust her ability to practice medicine. She is a doctor who is making an attempt to save face and has tried to put the blame on me for her incompetent ways. Find a different doctor!
Amanda in Chandler, AZ – Jun 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
The WORST drs office I have ever been to. I have been waiting now over 2 weeks to speak to the dr about changing my meds. I have called the office and left messages NO RESPONSE. Most of the time the voicemails are FULL so you cannot even leave a message. If this is there idea of service it sucks! PS I have been calling them because the dr called me, but if you can NEVER speak to anyone or get a response, (if you can ever get to leave a message) This is healthcare at its worst!!!
Susan in ARIZONA – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
If I could give this office a 0 star rating I would... The doctor sent me for bloodwork which has been back for two weeks now. I have left four messages (one with the receptionist) and have yet to get a response. Both appointments I have gone to I have waited an hour past my appointment time to be seen.
Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
I came to Dr. Shaik when I was at my lowest. Depressed, no engery and in pain. She was so caring, compassionate and SMART. She knew just what I needed, ran tests and showed an honest interest in helping me. I’ve told everyone about her and highly recommend her. She’s fabulous! I am fully on the mend now and so happy I found Dr.Shaik!
Feb 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
Absolutely horrible!!!! I was a new patient 1st apt. In nov. I was requested to get blood work and follow up apt. In dec. went to lab never received the order called & left multiple messages for 2 week never got a call went in and was told my file wasn’t complete dr. Never completed order and that they gave messages to dr. And nothing. I asked why wasn’t complete why didn’t I ever get a call was told dr. To busy! They said dr. Sent order this morning I called this evening and still no order!!!!
Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
I think the thing I appreciate more than anything about Dr. Shaik is that I never feel judged or shamed by her. She listens, she acknowledges my progress and encourages me to keep moving forward in new ways to get better results. Dr. Shaik exudes the authenticity, trust, care and concern that I need to feel comfortable coming back time and time again, rather than hiding and running due to my own shame issues. She is a gem, I'm so grateful to have found her!!
Alicia Berzins in Mesa – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?
I am impressed in my first visit itself. She listens with patience and explains the remedies. Dr. Sheik has rich experience in her subject. Sayida M. Ali December 06, 2017
Sayida M. Ali in Dublin – Dec 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shabeena Shaik, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shaik?

"Taking the time to really educate my patients and explain their disease, is both empowering and motivating, and ultimately results in a better outcome."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism