Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Bidiwala

Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University of Louisville in 1998 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Bidiwala accepts

(214) 823-2052

Dr. Bidiwala accepts the following insurance:

Aetna POS
Cigna Healthcare of Texas HMO
Cigna Healthcare of Texas POS
Cigna Healthcare of Texas PPO
Galaxy Health Network
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare PPO
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Bidiwala's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

I take tremendous pride in supporting my patients and their families as they make the difficult decisions that are often associated with brain and spine surgery. Patients undergo a thorough workup and participate in a detailed discussion of their con...

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Bidiwala?
Dr. Bidiwala's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I would not go anywhere else...four hour drive for me. Best doctors and staff in the business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
My husband was diagnosed with hemi facial spasm and I was looking for a neurosurgeon to perform brain surgery to fix the issue for good. I literally googled and was super lucky to find Dr. Bidiwala. Dr. Bidiwala took 2 seconds to diagnose the exact problem from his MRI and performed successful surgery. It was the follow ups after the surgery that I will always be grateful of. The trust was built and I reached out to him for my spinal surgery. We both owe a lot to Dr. Bidiwala.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Had a L5 S1 Tlif got immediate relief off my sciatic nerve.. DR BIAWALA is on of most compassionate, and excellent at being the best neurosurgeon! Thank you, for giving me my life back!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
I could not be more please with Dr. Bidiwalla and his staff. I had lumbar spine surgery 5 years ago and the results have been beyond my expectations. He is extremely knowledgeable but relates to his patients in a very conforting and caring manner. His staff has always been courteous and respectful. I can not imagine wanting more from a provider
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
I was terrified to have "back surgery" even though I was in pain 24/7. Everyone that I talked to about it said it never works and you are worse off than you were before having surgery. NOT TRUE that just means they have not met Dr. Bidiwala. I was pain free when I work up after surgery and now 6 weeks later I feel 20 years younger with a whole new outlook on life. Go see this very talented surgeon if you feel like I did, you will be amazed too! He gives you his full attention never rushing you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
A very kind and compassionate doctor, with excellent technique. He listened and took care of my issues - including pain management. I tapered off meds myself, but it was nice to not have to beg for meds when I really needed them, after such a huge operation. I can now walk again, and although I may always have pain, it is nothing compared the way it was. I was very close to being paralyzed. I'm grateful for his skill.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
I saw Dr. Bidiwala in an emergency situation after having been in two different ER's. I give him a 10+ for his concern and care of my problem. I had a bone chip off a vertebrae and a buldging disc. He gave me and my family the opportunity to make a decision as to have surgery as I had had two recent surgeries involving other things. I had to have it because of the pain I was in and he did it on a Saturday holiday weekend. I was immediately relieved of pain. He is great!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Very patient. Excellent results on surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Back surgery is a scary thing. I appreciated the time Dr. Bidiwala spent confirming my symptions and the actual physical conditions in my back. I almost cancelled because things seemed to get better some days. In the end I trusted his opinion that what he saw on the scans ( which were fixable ) were the actual source of my pain. Ten weeks later and I am a very happy, pain free, in rehab rebuilding the strength and flexibility I had lost. I am very grateful to Dr. Bidiwala and his excellent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
I just have to comment on his staff first. Often times a great doctor can be useless because of an inadequate staff (lack of knowledge, communication issues, rude...). You won't have to worry about this at Dr. Bidiwala's office. His staff, especially his PA, goes above and beyond and they too need a 5 Star rating! Dr. Bidiwala Is great to deal with too. He explained everything that would happen and did a superior job making my surgery a success! Big shout out to Dr. Bidiwala and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Very happy with outcome of my surgery. Dr. Bidiwala is a very caring doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
One of the best doctors I have ever had. Courteous, caring, professional, really explained everything in easy to understand terms. I had a 3 level anterior cerivcal fusion 11/2017 and I feel great. No more pain in neck, headaches and arm pain. Wonderful to feel good again. So blessed to have found this doctor. He is an answer to my prayers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
The best neurosurgeon!!! I am so thankful to have had such a great surgery and process with Dr Bidiwala! I could not have asked for it to go more perfect!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
My wife has has 5 surgery since 2012 doctors in Waco. Our primary Doctor told us about Dr. Bidiwala so we set a appt. with him. He was excellent and very detailed with us we knew that he was the right doctor for us so on June 12, 2017 he put 18 screws and 2 rods from C3- T5. I pushed my wife into the hospital and 2 days after her surgery she was up and walking again and the pain was not as bad as it was from the past 5 surgery's she had from the other doctors. We think so highly of Dr. Bidiwala
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Spinal compression left me unable to walk and was shutting down internal organs. Dr. B's surgery had me walking the next day. Dr. B discovered the problem after other doctors had missed it for months. He was caring and compassionate, took time to explain X-rays, the procedure he was going to do, all possible risks, recovery expectations, etc - most important - he gave me my life back. I'll be eternally grateful for this amazing surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
April 4, 2016, Dr. Bidiwala performed major back surgery on me, I am 71 years old and he placed screws and bolts in my back. I had major problems with my back for over 20 years plus, but since my surgery I have no problems whatsoever. I mop, sweep, and work in my flower beds and vacuum my floors, these things are usually a no no, but now I am able to do these tasks with no problems at all. Dr. Bidiwala has a wonderful bedside manner, he makes sure you know what to expect after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
I have Essential Tremors. At the first visit, he told me that I was a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). Dr Bidiwala and his Physicians Assistant Roxana Esfahani, always make me feel comfortable around them. They will sit and listen to all my questions and concerns. They explained things so that we could understand what would happen during the procedure. My quality of life is greatly improved now thanks to God and Dr Bidiwala. He is a skilled, knowledgeable, and caring surgeon. The best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Dr.Shaad Bidiwala is far and away the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is intelligent, a compassionate and caring person, and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
After doing a lot of research and seeing that Dr. Bidiwala was voted one of the best doctors in D Magazine, I knew he was the doctor for me! My husband is an engineer and is hard to impress and he was impressed by Dr. Bidiwala's knowledge and experience. Dr. Bidiwala and his staff are welcoming and very professional. I had spine surgery in July and am feeling better than I have in years! I definitely recommend Dr. Bidiwala.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaad Bidiwala, MD?
Today, 05-19-2016, marks my husband's one year anniversary of his multiple, lumbar spinal surgeries. Thanks to Dr. Bidiwala, my husband recovered from his severe back and shooting leg pains that nearly prevented him from performing activities of daily living. His incredible work as a neurosurgeon was evident throughout the 8-week recovery process, as he was able to return to work without restrictions, 100% recovered and pain free. I would, of course, highly recommend him for HE IS THE BEST!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bidiwala?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bidiwala treats patients.

Compare Providers