Cardiology  |
Dr. Seyed Hashemi, MD
Dr. Hashemi has more than 20 years of clinical experience. He is a board certified cardiologist and is recognized as a "Top Doctor" by Northern Virginia Magazine in 2013 through 2016. He is also board certified in internal medicine, echocardiography and nuclear cardiology. Dr. Hashemi provides individualized, patient-centered cardiovascular care and takes pride in his ability to connect with his patients in the Northern Virginia communities he serves. Patients are guaranteed continuity of care and personal attention at each and every visit.

14904 Jefferson Davis Hwy Ste 202

Woodbridge, VA 22191

Dr. Seyed Hashemi, MD

• ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • Anthem Blue Cross
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Hashemi

See how frequently Dr. Hashemi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Pulmonary Hypertension
Angina and Acute Coronary Syndrome
Congestive Heart Failure

Dr. Hashemi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hashemi "My goal is to effectively combine my clinical knowledge and diagnostic expertise with an honest passion for cardiology and an earnest dedication to patient care."

• Cardiology

• Cardiovascular Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Abnormal Heart Beat
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Congestive Heart Failure, Left-Sided
  • Congestive Heart Failure, Right-Sided
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Heart Disease, Susceptibility to, 1
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Familial Hypertension
  • Family History of Heart Disease
  • Fatigue
  • Fear of Heart Disease
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Block
  • Venous Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Venous Thrombosis
  • Ventricular Fibrillation
  • Ventricular Septal Defect
  • Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
  • Ventricular Tachycardia, Catecholaminergic Polymorphic, 1
  • White Coat Hypertension

• Angioplasty
  • Angioplasty With Stent Placement
  • Arterial Doppler Ultrasound
  • Arterial Duplex Ultrasound
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardioversion
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Stress Test
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE)
  • Treadmill Stress Test
  • Ultrasound, Abdominal
  • Ultrasound, Abdominal Aortic
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Isfahan University Of Medical Sciences
  • Pennsylvania Hospital Of University Of Pennsylvania Health System
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • University Of Iowa Hospital and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Hashemi has no media or publications listed.

• Persian

Dr. Hashemi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hashemi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hashemi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hashemi to family and friends
Dr. Hashemi's Performance
in Woodbridge |
For years I had horrible palpitations that would last days; I saw 2 cardiologists and they found nothing wrong. I was not satisfied, did my own research and found Dr. Hashemi. He did a stress test and nailed the problem! Finally after his thorough care and being on meds I have no more issues and even lost 40 lbs on the track to great health! My Mom and stepmom now go to him and my Dad will be soon when his cardiologist officially retires before the end of the year. AMAZING cardiologist!!
in Stafford, VA |
If you have a heart problem, I cannot recommend Dr. Hashemi highly enough - you will be in expert, professional, thorough, caring hands. It is quite obvious that he keeps up with the latest in cardiology treatment advances & care. I don’t say caring lightly - he is the rare kind of today’s doctor who will personally take the time to come see you if you are suddenly hospitalized. I believe it is fortunate that this area has access to a cardiologist of such high caliber.
I highly recommend Dy Seyed M. Hashemi. He basically saved my dad's life from having a massive heart attack.Dr. Seyed M. Hashemi assessed my father quickly, and thoroughly through multiple exams/tests in a short time spend. His findings were not just shocking to my father, but also to me. My dad had a valve 75% closed, and 3 arteries blocked (100%, 75%,80%), and was a ticking time bomb for a disaster. His expertise and knowledge is impeccable! Amazing personal care with passion & loving touch
in Alexandria va |
Dr. Hahsemi is an excellent cardiologist, highly recommended.
Bedford, MA |
Dr. Hashemi seems like a good doctor, but his staff is the most difficult medical office staff I have ever had to deal with. I had an echocardiogram done by Dr. Hashemi's assistant. I have tried more than five times to get my records and test results from Dr. Hashemi's office and all they sent were patient visit notes. If you have not kept a record of my echocardiogram, please tell me so that I can stop calling. Instead they tell me they will send it and then don't. This is unprofessional.
in Annandale, VA |
I feel so happy and thankful to have this doctor as my Cardiologist. I am very happy with his care, I feel so safe and sure I am in good hands. This never happened before meeting with this Cardiologist. He has accurately diagnosed my case, and gives very appropriate medications.
in stafford, va |
I've been seeing Dr. Hashemi for about eight months. He always takes time to listen to my questions and provides detailed answers. He gives me options for treatment and is not pushy about invasive procedures. His staff is friendly and efficient. He reviews test and procedure results with me promptly. I can get an appointment easily, even with short notice. I never have to waint for more than a few minutes in the waiting room. I highly recommend Dr. Hashemi.
in Woodbridge VA |
He is an excellent cardiologist who provides individualized attention to my health matters.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is a kind and caring cardiologist. He treats our aging mom as his own mother. He is very passionate about his practice and is one of the best physicians I've ever known. He takes time to listen and has very good advice about all matters concerning our mom. We are so fortunate to have such a fine physician who is truly like family!
in Stafford, VA |
I have to let everyone know about Dr. Hashemi... I came to Dr. Hashemi as a referral from My dr. because I had years of out of control blood pressures. My high blood pressures had taken it's toll on my body and I felt I needed help to stay alive literally. Dr. Hashemi is excellent!!!! At 1st meet, he assured me he would help me and he did just that. I want to tell everyone in just a little over 1 month & following his instructions, at my last visit my blood pressure was 120/88. I am thankful!
in Baltimore, MD |
Dr. Hashemi has perfected the combination of the art of individual holistic care and the science of cardiology with the goal of delivery of quality medicine. He takes the TIME to look at the WHOLE picture, not just looking at a tracing and getting you like a conveyor belt. He is pleasant, easily approachable, but also focused on efficient clinical care. It is no wonder that in more than 4 hospitals and 3 clinics, patient are willing to travel miles to see their "own private doc".
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Seyed Hashemite is my Cardiologist and to his Credit has brought my Cardiac Condition to a manageable state of improvement. He is an effective listener. He is extremelely detailed in his line of questioning about your health issues and concerns. He is forthcoming in answering your questions. I trust him Fully. I recommend Dr. Hashemi to be your First Choice in the selection of a Cardiologist.????????????????????. On a scale of ten(10) I give him a 10 plus.++++++++++++++????. HOK.
in Stafford, VA |
Very disrespectful individual. Doesn't care to listen and so in a hurry to leave while I was explaining my health concerns.
in Dale City |
Ease of scheduling appointments, professionalism and helpfulness of office manager, professionalism, patience, and diligence of Dr. Hashemi with answering questions and completing follow ups (e.g. consulting w/ dentist, visiting hospital after business hours to ensure continuity of care). Very appreciative of care provided to my grandma during stressful hospital stay, definitely decreased stress about the serious situation knowing there was a doctor who would also advocate if/as needed.
in Stafford, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is an outstanding heart specialist that is working a miracle for my brother by giving him the remedies that he needs to get his heart back into the condition it needs to be in. He has been straight forward with what my brother needs to do to make it happen. He shows that he cares about his patient and being honest. My family and i are very happy that Dr. Hashemi is his heart doctor.
in Falls Church, VA |
Fabulous, caring, and knowledgeable, Dr. Hashemi is one of the best physicians I have ever seen.
Stafford, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is an outstanding, professional and personable cardiologist. We are greatful that he is overseeing the health card for my wife. We highly recommend him to anyone who needs a great heart doctor in the Stafford, VA area.
in STAFFORD VA. |
I WAS EXTREMELY PLEASED WITH DR. HASHEMI ON ALL LEVELS. HE IS HONEST AND TAKES THE TIME TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION HE IS GIVING YOU. THERE IS NO DOCTOR THAT I WOULD TRUST MORE WITH THE HEALTH OF MY HEART .
in Stafford, VA |
Dear Dr. Hashemi, thank you very much for taking such good care of me last week during my cardiac cath procedure. You are a great physician who has excellent credentials, a kind and caring disposition and a wonderful bedside manner. I am just sorry that you had such a "difficult patient"- ME. (I was extremely frightened) In the future if my body should decide to have a cardiovascular emergency, you will be the first physician I call. Sincerely, Kathy McAllister, Stafford, VA
in Stafford, VA |
I first met Dr. Hashemi when he became my husband's cardiac doctor. I found that he was a very caring and understanding doctor and really works with you concerning your health. When I became sick in 2015 and they wanted me to see a cardiac doctor, I requested Dr. Hashemi because I already knew him and loved how he took care of my husband. He always asks if you have any questions and concerns and will explain anything that you don't understand.
in Mc Lean, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is a patient-friendly, very adept, and professional physician. He is an expert Cardiologist and Internist. His positive - yet frank - attitude makes him a unique practitioner and a trusted doctor / healthcare professional. I've had the pleasure to be Dr. Hashemi's patient and am very comfortable to share my medical concerns with him. His holistic approach to medicine is refreshing and is what gives him a competitive advantage over his peers and colleagues.
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr Hashemi is one of the best cardiologists in the nation. His vast knowledge, intelligence and the time he spends with his patients singles him out. I would recommend him very highly as a skilled, compassionate and trustworthy Cardiologist.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is a star physician. He cares about his patients as if they are his family members and goes out of his way to make sure they get better soon. He spends a lot of time with each of his patients and makes sure they receive comprehensive treatment based on the latest published literature. You'll love his compassionate bedside manners, his confidence about his knowledge of medicine and cardiology, and his attention to details for your follow-up care. We need more doctors like him.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is the most compassionate and caring physician I've ever had. He's kind and direct with his approach in reference to my health. May God continue to bless him with MORE patients!
in Mclean |
I was seeking a cardiologist with whom I could entrust the care of my elderly father. Dr. Hashemi has met and exceeded all of my expectations that I had by the manner he treated my dad. He is not only an outstanding cardiologist, his comprehensive approach and deep consideration for every individual patient, makes him a genuine doctor. Ben A
Memphis, TN |
Excellent, patient centered care with a personal touch. I felt very well cared for in the 14 months I was a patient of Dr. Hashemi - only left his practice because I moved. Would highly recommend.
Falls Church, VA |
Dr. Hashemi is my Cardiologist. He is one of the most caring and compassionate Doctors you will ever meet. Dr. Hashemi is one of the best in his field. He provides an excellent care to his patients. He also explains thoroughly to me or my husband on all needing to be done and what to do, to give me a proper care.He is willing to listen to my concerns, and recognize the problems I might be have. The staff and everyone in his office are professional, caring and helpful every step of the way.
in Bowie, MD |
My 89 yo mom has be seeing Dr. Hashemi for over 2 years now for CHF. When my mom got sick visiting my sister who lives in Stafford, he took over her case and made such a difference in her quality of life that although my mom lives in Maryland, we drive to Stafford to see Dr. Hashemi. He has not only helped to manage her CHF, but he is truly invested in her care. We trust him with all issues related to her health and more importantly my mom trusts him.
in Stafford, VA |
If you have hypertension I would not recommend Dr. Hashemi. I had critical BP to the point of emergency room visit. Saw Hashemi twice the following week and was told not to worry, come back in a month. BP remained critical level until I went to Nova Cardio. They lowered from critical to to high in 1 day and are pursuing the causes as well as lowering to normal level. Hashemi has an abrupt, condescending bedside manner and does not communicate well. RDC Stafford
in Woodbridge Va |
I thank God for Dr. Hashemi. Four years ago I couldn't understand why I felt different not like myself and tired all the time not wanting to do anything. I was admitted to the hospital and Dr. Hashemi was the Cardiologist on duty. I went to his office for my follow up and found out that I only had 25% ejection my heart was not functioning like it should. From that day forward he put all my fears to rest and I love him he is a kind, patient, and understanding. I wouldn't have anyone else.
in Stafford, VA |
Absolutely love Dr. Hashimi. He has great bedside manners. Very passionate about what he does. I feel like he is very detailed in explaining my diagnosis in a way I can understand it. He takes time EVERY visit to read my chart. I never feel rushed to to get out and he takes time to answer my questions and has told me that if I have more questions after I leave to feel free to call the office and he will call me back to answer andquestions I have. I highly recommend him.
Stafford, VA |
I met Dr. Hashemi while I was a patient in Stafford Hospital, for an unrelated problem. Because of complications during this hospitalization, Dr. Hashemi, was called in and was responsible for diagnosing the unexpectated complications of the surgery I had. He has managed my care since that time, and has brought my undiagnosed hypertension under control. He is thourough, explains everything well, and always reviews my prior history of care and medications, during my office follow up visits.
elkridge, md |
The doctor is great unfortunately his staff is not especially his front desk been waiting for refund for over 6 months called numerous times only to receive a bill stating I had not paid and was going to collections even though they owe me a refund after correcting that still have not been able to receive my refund
in Fredericksburg, VA |
Dr. Hashemi has been my cardiologist for a little over a year and I've been more than satisfied with the care he has provided. He is very knowledgeable as a cardiologist and his bed side manners are extraordinary at best. He always treat me as though I'm his only patient when there's clearly an office full of patients. Dr Hashemi has always returned my phone calls even if I have a concern or question after hours. I only wish there were more physicians as professional as Dr. Hashemi.
in Fredericksbrg, VA |
I am a cardiac patient who HAD serious problems with hypertension, AFIB and sleep apnea. My health was seriously compromised. I had been seen by 2 other cardiologists in the area who treated me but were not able to make any improvements to my cardiac problems. Dr. Hashemi with his infinite knowledge of cardiac disease, his comprehensive treatment plan and heartfelt concern for me as a patient, has changed my life.
in Stafford, VA |
I met Dr. Hashemi when I was admitted to the hospital for observation due to chest pains. At discharge he wanted me to get more blood work and follow up him. With my busy lifestyle I almost didn't do it, but I am so thankful I did. Dr. Hashemi is a wonderful doctor. Very thorough, genuinely concerned, and goes the extra mile to determine the problem and course of action! I think he is one of the best doctors I have ever had!
in Stafford, VA |
Dr Hashemi's care and diligent pursuit of a correct diagnosis dramatically improved my quality of life. A rare cardiac condition had caused severe symptoms of congestive heart failure which could have been misdiagnosed. I was able to discuss options, concerns and expectations for treatment. His answers allowed me to feel comfortable with my decisions. Our family highly recommends Dr Hashemi.
in Haymarket, Va |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hashemi to anyone with cardiac concerns. My husband and I are both very heathy and at separate times started having cardiac symptoms. Dr. Hashemi did thorough assessments and provided excellent ongoing patient care. He and his office staff are compassionate. I am extremely confident in his expertise as a heart specialist and feel blessed to have been referred to him.
in Spotsylvania, VA |
Very professional, always on time,
Fredericksbrg, VA |
I was referred to Dr. Hashmi by my primary doctor. Feeling anxious and unsure of my visit, I was soon calmed by the thoroughness, mindset and efficiency of Dr. Hashemi. I have been very pleased with this referral and would definitley recommend him to others. The staff is very friendly and tcourteous.
in Stafford, VA |
I had some minor issues during my second pregnancy and was referred to a cardiologist. The first one I saw was a horrible office. The doctor did not care and was rude. The front desk never called me back and make scheduling appointments a nightmare. I found Dr. Hashemi and was so thrilled! He made a stressful situation less scary for an expectant mother and even offered to be at the hospital when I delivered.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Doctor Hashemi was recomanded to me by the primary care doctor, when i needed the most, the service and the attention to detail through the whole exam, Dr Hashemi was by my side to insure my safety. then when i was hospltalise he came every day to insure my safety, after I terminate all my vistacion to my old cardiology after 30 years. I hilly recomnd DR Hashime ( Doctor Hashime Thank for your help ) Note we need more Doctor Like MR Hashimi .
Have you seen Dr. Seyed Hashemi, MD?
Are you Dr. Hashemi?

Visit Dr. Hashemi

Dr. Hashemi accepts 66 insurance carriers
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) EPO
    First Health (Coventry Health Care) HMO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA PPO
    Kaiser Permanente HMO
    Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic
  • Keystone Health Plan East
    Medicare Advantage HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MAPFRE Life Insurance Company of Puerto Rico
    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah PPO
    Value Care
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington
    Preferred Provider Network
  • Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
    Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO