Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD

NeurologyMale

Neurology

Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities Honorhealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and St. Joseph's Hospital And Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD

Scottsdale Neurology

9755 N 90th St Ste A200 Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurology Specialists

Compare Dr. Kaufman with our nearby Neurology Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaufman

3.6

Most complete neurological exam
I was referred to Dr.Kaufmann by my primary care physician for evaluation of a chronic hereditary disease. Dr. Kaufmann gathered ALL of my medical records. Even before seeing me, Dr. Kaufmann knew what questions to ask and had a scribe with him to assist in his exam and evaluation. I really appreciated that Dr. Kaufmann had a holistic approach to my issues; he evaluated medications and supplements I was already on, and he made some additional recommendations. I must say I was struck that this man is extremely intelligent--- I completely trust him with my care. I have already recommended him to others!
KT – Apr 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
EXCELLENT physician who does take the time to ask questions AND listen. I consider myself fortunate to have found his office. In addition, Melissa his #1, was kind and patient as she put me through a battery of hour+ of tests. All in all it was an extremely positive experience. Front desk staff efficient and helpful. Potential or current patients must remember to be flexible and exercise patience with the office when scheduling and waiting for their turn. It is NOT a fast-food restaurant. You are waiting to see one of the top neurologists in Arizona. Consider yourself fortunate and remember to be kind and respect to this hardworking staff.
A Finch – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
He does tend to run late but he is well worth it. His tardiness is because he takes extra time with each patient and you never feel rushed. He is very thorough and explains things nicely.
David W Harris – Nov 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman is helpful and caring but I can not recommend him as his staff is incredibly rude and condescending. I understand it must be hard for them constantly having to explain his extremely long wait time but they don't have to be disrespectful to patients. My 2:30 appointment didn't happen until 5:45. Prior to that, the front office girl actually hung up on me! I have never been treated so poorly. When this was brought to the Dr's attention, he said he hand picked them and they are the best. He did not even apologize for their behavior.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Oct 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
After two decades dealing with a debilitating chronic illness, Dr. Kaufman was the first medical professional to listen. He may be late, but he is more than worth the wait. Took time to actually read my records and research the disease. This guy doesn’t let the system dictate your medical care. He has been a blessing to me
Kelly Clark – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
This is one of the best doctors I have ever met. I suffer from migraine/facial pain for 5 mos. Dr. Kaufman spent time with me from the 1st visit & called me (3) times to discuss & evaluate my condition. We havent figured out what is wrong yet as I have strange symptoms. His devotion to patient care & medicine is truly admirable. His positive attitude & review of medical terms, test results & commitment to his patients is unmatched. He calls after hours as he truly cares. He is extremely intelligent & detail-oriented. There is absolutely no neurologist that I would prefer more. I have faith in him as he keeps trying. He even had my MRI results reread. No doctor does that! The bad reviews about wait time is ridiculous. I recommend those patients go to another DR who won't care as much as him. This DR practices old school & his staff are wonderful. Staff will call when you can come for your appt when he is behind. DONT LISTEN Bad reviews- huge mistake if you need a neurologist.
Gail B – Sep 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufmann is an excellent doctor, but bring a book to read while in the waiting room. There really is no good structure in place to see patients anywhere near the time of their actual appointment. Don't even waste your breath talking to the desk, because it won't help. They get complaints all day long. And yes, sometimes you can't even get them on the phone for a long time. Leaving a message usually gets you in touch. Personally, I'd rather wait for a skilled doctor than worry about the extended waiting time, but that decision is yours. This doctor is really well-trained and highly skilled, so I gave him 5 stars.The waiting timeto me is irrelevant. It's your health that's important, not your schedule or level of patience. My only problem is that he must be freaked out about Covid 19, because he's still not physically back in his office, and I won't agree to phone conferences.
Dan from Scottsdale – Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Well if you like to wait this is the office for you, I try to get the first appointment of the day (1130ish), yes they dont open until 1130am- and I still can count on a 30-60 minute wait. Getting anyone to answer the phone and answer questions is a nightmare, getting anyone to SPEAK SLOWLY so I can understand them just does not happen. Dr Kaufmann might know his stuff and could be a great resource but the office is run like some out of control daycare. The last appointment I had (1130am) I was sitting and yes, waiting, the front desk was appalled that other professionals were calling, expecting to speak to the dr- gosh hes not even in yet- what are these other humans thinking! Im also not sure whats up with the billing department but either you take insurance or you dont- my insurance has no deductible so do not bill me for the write off amount. I am done- done waiting, done being frustrated, done with everything I am not doing 'telemedicine'- who knows how long I would have
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman is one of the most caring and knowledgeable physicians my husband had the opportunity to meet.
Liebz – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
I’ve seen Dr. Kaufman twice now and he is unlike any other doctor I’ve ever been to. He takes the time to listen, asks a ton of questions, and does not make you feel rushed. I have been to a couple of different doctors for the same issue, after 5 minutes they will write a prescription and send me on my way. He digs for the root cause of the issue and makes sure that no stone is unturned. To me, this is worth the wait. Be sure to call ahead before you leave for your appointment because he typically runs behind, and be prepared to wait. But again, it is worth it if you truly want to find the cause of what is ailing you.
Kelly H. – Feb 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Although Dr. Kaufman may be an excellent neurologist, his follow-up skills are deplorable. I’ve been waiting FIVE weeks for the results of my MRI and FOUR weeks for the EEG. I’ve contacted his office twice, only to be told that he needs to review them. This is unconscionable. Suppose I had a serious condition that needed immediate attention? I definitely feel as if my case means nothing to him.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
I never had the chance to see Dr Kaufman as his staff was so incredibly rude I was unable to make an appointment. I merely asked them to ask Dr Kaufman if my case had been discussed with my cardiologist and encountered incredible resistance. When I demanded they ask Dr Kaufman they said they were unwilling to make an appointment because I was rude. Thanks Dr Kaufman but I found a neurologist and we get along just fine!
Cathy Patzke – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
I did think I was going to like this doctor but when i called, to cancel an appointment, I was told, very rudely, that I would have to pay a 75.00 cancellation feel. Yes, I signed the waiver, but I was so sick there wasn’t any way I could make that appointment. There was absolutely no sympathy or even an “I am sorry” from the receptionist. I told her that I was contagious and that didn’t matter. So I fired him. HIs loss for there are many good doctors out there that remember what doctoring is all about. It isn’t a business.
Rio Verde, AZ – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
I have had complex migraines since I was 14, I am 56! I have seen numerous headache specialists, surgery with neuro surgeons and have NEVER had a doctor care or listen like Dr. Kaufman. You absolutely need to understand he will spend all the time YOU need. He rushes no one. If he is there at 10:00 at night it is not uncommon. This doctor is a gem, truly cares about people, knows his craft and listens to all of your symptoms. Its simple, the day you have an appointment with him, you kindly ask the office to call you when you are an hour out or less depending on your drive. Don't be angry, be grateful!
Michelle - Scottsdale - August 2019 – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Made appointment closer to a month ago. Was told to call before appointment in case the dr. was running late. My appointment was for 2:00 p.m. I called at 1:30 and was told he was running an hour late. They would call me a half hour before when he'd be ready. By 2:30 p.m. I had not received a call. At 2:50 I left for my 20 minute drive to the office. There was no one in the waiting room when I arrived. About 20 minutes later a woman appeared in the waiting room. At 3:30 p.m., 1 1/2 hours after my scheduled appointment time, I asked if the appointment was going to happen and was told yes he would see me eventually, however there was one person ahead of me! Total rudeness and inconsideration. I wasn't told to take the afternoon off for the appointment and the lie that he was running an hour late was a real joke.
Jul 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Dr Seth Kaufman is the best neurologist in Scottsdale and probably the country. He spends the necessary time with each patient to get to the root of their problems.
Jodi Towns in Scottsdale , AZ – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Drove 30 min to my appointment, arrived on time. Dr. Kaufman was not even in the office at noon. 2 patients were ahead of me and Dr. Kaufman was doing who knows what, maybe a nice round of golf. So if you want to wait indefinitely Dr. Kaufman's the guy to see.....
Mar 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Very detail oriented and thinks outside the box . Was able to help with parkinsonisms and send me to very helpful visual therapist for my dizziness.
Deborah in Phoenix – Oct 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman is the type of doctor that is totally present when he is with you. He offers his full attention and never rushes through the appointments. Very thorough, very genuinely concerned, intelligent, and highly skilled. The office is very accommodating and works with Dr Kaufman’s untraditional approach to patient appointment times.
Scottsdale , AZ – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?
I feel much better thank Dr
FL – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seth Kaufman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?