Dr. Setareh Vistamehr, MD

Dr. Setareh Vistamehr, MD

Ophthalmology | Female | 45 years old

76 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Provide excellent quality care for patients with Eye Disease, Caring Doctor and staffRead more

Dr. Vistamehr's Experience

See how Dr. Vistamehr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vistamehr

Dr. Vistamehr accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Vistamehr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Vistamehr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vistamehr to family and friends
Dr. Vistamehr Says:

Dear patient

Your feedback is very important for us to assure your continued satisfaction and to improve your experience with our office

Dr. Vistamehr's Performance
Rockville, MD |
the doc is very nice and professional . pais attention to you and explains in details.
in Germantown Md |
I am always pleased with the eye care that I receive from Dr. Vistamehr, and the staff.
in Bethesda, MD |
I am impressed beyond words by Dr. Vistamehr! As a fellow MD who is critical of D.C. docs for their elitist attitudes, she is a breath of fresh air! Kind, compassionate, thoroughly educating, meticulous, and brilliant--are but a few word that describe her. I teach Med students & physicians and without hesitation can say she is a shining example of how doctors should be! I cannot recommend her enough...
Rockville, MD |
She is through and takes the time to explain what's happening
in Gaithersburg MD 20877 |
Dr Vistamehr, is a class by Herself Having Performed 2 surgery's in both my eyes Where I think this class of Eye Surgeons are very rare in the USA and should be an asset within family and friends, well done doctor Kee it up,
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr and her staff are very professional and knowledgeable about retinal disease. Appointments usually run close to time. Exams are very thorough.
Rockville, MD |
Very good experience with Dr. Vistamehr. She is excellent at explaining the procedures - the reason for doing them, what will actually be done, and what the expected outcome is.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is a caring person, and is very competent, and thorough. Other physicians seem to respect her. Initial wait time today was short, about 15 minutes, but can be longer when it is very busy. Because of the nature of the procedures and tests, a visit can be 2 hours.
in Rockville, MD |
She is extremely thorough and explains everything in a pleasant manner. She is very warm and personable.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr takes her time to explain things and works well with my other physicians for an over view of my health.
in Olney, Md. 20832 |
Dr. Vistamehr is the best eye doctor I have ever been to. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a first rate doctor.
in Olney, Md |
She is very patient with me, she is a very good Doctor.
in Rockville, MD |
Been a patient for 4 years. Have great confidence in Dr. Vistamehr's treatment of retinal problems that have developed. Surgery was highly successful.
in Brinklow, MD |
she explains everything well so I know about my eyes. Seems very through with examination and finding any eye problems. Good office support and process.
Excellent Professional Doctor Very Knowledgeable with up to date practices
in Olney MD |
I have been seeing her for several years and I so much appreciate that she thought outside the box as to diagnosing my condition. Another Dr had been giving me injections that Dr. Vistamere said could be stopped unless things start to get worse. That has saved me the stress of those injections for several years so I am very happy. I might need them in the future, but for now things are maintaining as I come for regular visits. Very happy!
in olney, md |
Highly recommend. Easy to get an appointment with, staff very friendly and efficient Doctor very reassuring and caring Great Doctor for all eye care needs
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is thorough and conservative with medications and procedures. She is quiet, knoweldgable, and considerate of her patients.
in Rockville, MD |
She is lovely and very easy to communicate with. She is exact and really takes her time with you.
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is very thorough. I trust the results she gives and feel I am receiving excellent care.
in SIlver Spring, MD |
I really appreciate how thoroughly Dr. Vistamehr explains my personal condition. She is also very patient in answering all of my questions.
in silver spring md |
she good doctor and the staff too
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is very thorough in her examinations and is a good listener. My visual status is safe in her hands.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is a good listener; very caring; and explains exams thoroughly. She uses advanced equipment for the most thorough exam. She is totally professional as well as warm and kind. I highly recommend her.
in silver spring |
always pleasant and answers questions completely. never rushed
in Germantown, MD |
We came to her on an emergency basis, she immediately was able to fit us in, and within 10nhours due to the circumstances, were in surgery at the hospital with her. She has been and still is, doing everything that she can to save a terminally ill eye. We are so greatful for having been referred to her a year ago and for her expertise and compassion with our care. Thank you Dr Vistamehr.
in district heights, md |
I have had a great experience with the doctor she is great explains everything and answers all of my questions
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is very kind and professional. Appointments are always on time which is a big plus.
in Rockville, MD |
I feel the doctor is very thorough and efficient. I like the way she thinks and the information that she gives to me.
in Olney , MD |
very kind and professional
in Rockville, MD |
Very comprehensive exams. Takes time to explain results.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr Vistamehr presents an extreme depth of knowledge and capability in her field that lends itself to a high level of patient confidence. Eyes are of immeasurable importance and I would not hesitate entrusting them to this doctor.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I recommend Dr. Vistamehr as she is very thorough and takes time explaining to you and showing you her findings on the computer.
in Olney, MD |
I have been a patient for past 2-3 years She is pleasant, informative and willing to answer my questions.
in Olney, MD |
She has an absolutely wonderful bedside manner, is so patient and really cares about how the patient feels and what the patient needs! She has stellar expertise!
Derwood, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is extremely skilled, very careful, and a pleasure to deal with. She has always given me excellent diagnosis and treatment; I would trust her completely. It is easy to schedule appointments; her staff are very friendly and courteous and the office environment is comfortable. She has always provided clear descriptions of the medical issues involved and listens and responds appropriately to my questions. I would recommend her to family and friends without reservation.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
This Doctor is VERY detail oriented; always takes the time to do a complete exam, responds to simple-minded questions extremely thoroughly - also seems very caring about EACH individual patient regardless of age or other health conditions. I would recommend her highly above ANY opthamologist in Montgomery County. SHE'S ALSO VERY KIND AND PATIENT - I would recommend her above any other doctor in this field.
Rockville, MD |
She is fantastic, truly a gem! Perfect fit for me ..She has the training for my retina issue and the personality to keep me calm.. I trust her judgement .
in Rockville, MD |
She is very friendly and kind. Takes her time and answers any questions. Very comfortable to be with.
in silver spring, MD |
dr is very good she very patient and takes time with the patient , and i appreciate her
in Silver Spring, MD |
She is knowledgeable and explains everything in a clear way. Also very pleasant.
in Brookeville, MD |
Experience has been very good. Dr. Vistamehr has been responsive to questions and most helpful in explaining all thing eye-related.
Very good
in olney, MD |
Dr. Setareh Very lovely caring person and listens , i enjoy to see her.she is the best. i been with her almost 10 years. after our visit we feel very relieved.also the staff very friendly and nice.
in Rockville, MD |
I would recommend the Doctor to anyone that needs eye care. She is caring and is very professional. She exudes confidence in her knowledge of eye care. Her staff is caring and is very professional and competent.
in Damascus MD |
Dr. Vistamehr is very thorough in her examination and has a kind and reassuring manner. I have been a patient for several years and am grateful my primary physician recommended Dr. Vistamehr.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Vistamehr's office is very welcoming and efficient. She provides excellent eye care and follows up if there are any concerns.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr Vistamehr is very thorough. She checks my eyes for various problems associated with older patients. My mother suffered from glaucoma so she always checks for that.
in Silver Spring MD |
Good!
Have you seen Dr. Setareh Vistamehr, MD?

Compare Dr. Vistamehr

Dr. Vistamehr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Vistamehr says...

Diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous

retinal detachment repair

diabetic retinopathy

macular degeneration

retinal vascular diseases

retinal detachment repair

Retinal laser

intravitreal injection

Dear patient

Dr. Vistamehr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Vistamehr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Vistamehr's Board Certifications

• Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

Research Fellowship

Completed in 2001

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Vistamehr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vistamehr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Eye Laceration
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery