Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD
Dr. Nesterenko is a fellowship-trained board-certified orthopaedic spine surgeon with additional neurosurgical training. This background helps him differentiate pain originating at the level of spine from other sources, like bones or joints. He treats broad spectrum of spine pathologies with emphasis on surgical treatment of degenerative conditions. He always tries to utilize the least invasive management options for the spine-related problems.

Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • inHealth

Learn about Dr. Nesterenko

Here at the Grace Spine Center we strive to provide personalized and comprehensive care for your back- or neck-related problem with the least invasive methods.

Dr. Nesterenko's Experience

Dr. Nesterenko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoporotic Spine Fractures

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Cleveland Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Mayo Medical School
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Nesterenko has no media or publications listed.

• Russian
  • Ukrainian

Dr. Nesterenko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nesterenko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nesterenko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nesterenko to family and friends
Dr. Nesterenko's Performance
in Midland, TX |
My father was in excruciating pain from a multiple issues compressing his spinal nerve. It was to the point that he could no longer walk or even stand. Dr. Nesterenko did my father's surgery and now my father's nerve pain is gone and he is walking again. Dr. Nesterenko, the hospital staff, and everyone at Grace took great care of us from day one through the entire surgery process. I didn't know what to expect, but I can say I am so glad we went to Grace, our family is happy with the outcome.
in Midland, TX |
I have found Dr. Nesterenko very knowledgeable about spinal disease and the appropriate corrective actions required to rectify each specific problem. He takes a conservative approach and does not recommend unnecessary surgeries. I have recommended him to my colleagues at work and would not hesitate to recommend him to my family members. He and his staff have really worked hard to be sure I have obtained the best possible post operative care and medications.
in Lubbock, TX |
wonderful surgeon and caring person. Truly cares for the patients weifair. He stuck with me and solved a spine problem others tried to fix. First time I am pain free in over ten years. John Savage Lubbock, TX
in Lovington NM |
I had a laminectomy L 4 L 5 and an instrumented L 4 L 5 i fusion ion August 2016. Dr. Nesterenko performed a successful surgery. He was very attentive and had the most excellent bed side manner. He is very professional and caring. He knows his specialty and in my opinion he was a Godsend. The initial pain was gone the minute I woke up in recovery. I always look forward to seeing him on my follow ups and praise him on a job well done! Hats off to his staff, very professional and prompt!
in Lubbock, TX |
My family was fortunate to have had Dr. Nesterenko perform back surgery on my mother. His care was impeccable! He was caring, approachable and clearly an expert in his field. I would highly recommend him!!
in Lubbock, TX |
I had pinched nerves at L4 & L5 for most of 2016. Was finally able to get in to see Dr. Nesterenko after receiving some steroid shots from another doctor. These helped a little. On October 12, 2016 at 7:00 am Dr. Nesterenko operated on me. That same afternoon the PT's at Grace had me get out of bed and use a walker. All the shooting pain from the sciatic nerve in both legs and the tingling sensation in both feet were gone. When the staff aske me how the pain is now I say what pain.
in Lubbock, Tx. |
My experience was a great one. Dr.Nesterenko told me everything he was going to do and everything turned out wonderful. Already told friends and family how good Dr. Nesterenko is.
in Lovington, NM |
I had fusion of L4&L5 8 weeks ago, Dr.Nesterenko was very caring , took very good care of me even with some health issues. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of surgery!
in Lubbock, TX |
Had a cyst removed from spine and I am feeling great. No more leg and back pain. Dr. was very patient and informative. No other Dr had explained what was going on with my pain. I highly recommend him and his staff. The hospital staff worked hard to see that I had a healthy experience.
in Lamesa, TX |
I came to Grace Clinic in October 2016, had surgery a week later on the herniated disk, Dr. Nesterenko removed the bulge and was out that very day w/no pain, sealed the opening in my back w/superglue, therefore no staples or stitches to be removed. The nurses were very helpful and nice throughout the entire time. I would highly recommend coming to Grace Clinic and seeing Dr. Nesterenko.
in hobbs, nm |
Very straight forward diagnosis and discussion of treatment and risks. Personable patient interface.
in Clovis, NM |
Dr. Nesterenko performed an XLIF proceedure on me May 6, 2016. I've purposely waited until now, 3 months later, to do this review so that I can give an honest assessment. After the first couple days, I could tell an immediate improvement! No grinding or muscle tension that I was dealing with prior. I've followed their instruction of No Lifting, No Bending, No Twisting, even though I feel I could do those, I didn't want to risk it. Today, I feel great! Thank you Dr. for taking my pain away!
in Anton, Tx. |
My name is Cruz, I am a 49 year old male and a patient of Dr. Nesterenko. Before surgery I was in a wheelchair due to back problems which caused me chronic pain. What Dr. Nesterenko did for me is no less than a miracle! I never thought I would say anything like that but the truth is the truth. It has been 7 months since my surgery and I am now able to walk with a cane. My family agrees I am a lucky man to have been a patient of Dr. Nesterenko. I recommend Dr. Nesterenko for your back care.
in Lubbock, TX |
Very smooth surgery. I was walking the same day we replaced my L-5/S-1 disc. Highly recommended.
in Roswell, NM |
I was highly impressed with Dr. Nesterenko and his staff. All aspects of my care were handeled professionally and with compassion. Hands down the best nursing staff I have ever been in contact with. I highly recomend Dr. Nesterenko and Grace Spine Care Center.
in Lamesa, TX |
Dr. Nesterenko was very professional and knew exactly what needed to be done to repair my wife's broken neck. He performed the surgery flawlessly without any complications. He was very attentive and had excellent bedside manners as well. The surgery was successful and his ability and expertise has given my wife a new outlook on life.
I had a good outcome surgery corrected my health. Satisfied with doctor and staff. My case manager helped a lot too.
in Carlsbad, NM |
very precise on injury, able to understand easily on procedure at hand. surgery has taking away pain in hands with more feeling in fingers after many years with out. have long time for recovery now with the outlook being very promising now..very blessed to have a surgeon n staff to be caring an helpful most thankful for that always.
in Lubbock, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Nesterenko any time, He did back surgery on me the end of Jan, this year, i am in the healing process but have been very pleased with the results, there is no pain like I had, i am weak but have started therapy, to gain strength. I feel very lucky to have found Dr.Nesterenko.
in Lubbock, TX |
Insisted that we try everything possible to avoid surgery. Pain was gone as soon as I awoke from surgery and have had none since. Caring attitude toward patients. Always had time to carefully answer all of my questions. If any future spine surgeries are necessary, Dr. Nesterenko will be the surgeon.
in Plainview, Tx Natchitoches, LA |
excellent great bedside manner. very concerned about is patients
in Carlsbad, NM |
Had lower back surgery on three herniated disc. Dr Nesterenko was able to examine me and preform surgery very quickly. When surgery was complete i woke up with instant relief,there was no more pain down my legs or pressure in lower back. His staff and the hospital was as good as you can get!!
in Olton, Texas |
I loved him and his staff. The girls were so sweet. I was very satisfied with the surgery he did on me. He totally stooped the sciatic nerve pain, and by taking out the C disc I can write plainly again..So happy for that. I had a problem with the anesthetic but it was not his fault. It was i have kidney disease and it was hard to flush the medication out of my system. I would totally recommend him to everyone and if I need more surgery I would definitely go back to him.
Have you seen Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Are you Dr. Nesterenko?