Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD

Orthopedic Spine SurgeryMaleAge 42

Dr. Nesterenko

Sergiy Nesterenko, MD FAAOS

4515 Marsha Sharp Fwy Lubbock, TX 79407

Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD is a Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Lubbock, TX and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Mechnikov Hospital, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine medical school in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Baptist Saint Anthony's Hospital and Covenant Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Nesterenko to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Nesterenko treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Nesterenko's conditions and procedures:

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Broken Neck
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoforaminotomy
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Nesterenko accepts

Dr. Nesterenko accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Wellcare of Georgia

Dr. Nesterenko's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Nesterenko

Dr. Nesterenko?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (64)
  • Explained conditions well (64)
  • Listened & answered questions (64)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (2)
Dr. Nesterenko and his staff completely gave me my life back. I have been plagued with severe back and nerve pain for the past 20 years. Dr. Nesterenko performed a TLIF/Laminectomy/Discectomy fusing my entire lumbar section. As a result, nerve pain gone, lower back pain gone. I’m still very fresh out of surgery but I KNOW from going through constant pain my entire adult life that this procedure was a success. I would recommend Dr. Nesterenko to ANYONE suffering from back and nerve pain. He and his staff have been a godsend in my life and I’ll be forever grateful for their services.
  • Long wait times
Jeff Brownlee – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Dr Nesterenko always listens and is a wonderful surgeon. He has helped me tremendously!!
Kelly O’Guinn – Jun 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
What more can a patient ask for? Dr. Nesterenko and his team were excellent from the first consultation to the surgical procedure. Excellent communication, outstanding service from all of the assistants, nurses, x-ray,....the list goes on. 3 months now post-op. I can now walk and feel productive again, (it's been 20 years plus since I could walk without pain), pain reduction is about 80 percent. I thank Dr. Nesterenko for giving me my life back. Thank you.
Robert – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
First of all the atmosphere was very relaxing, the nurse was very friendly. Dr. Nesterenko was attentive to what I was saying and wanted to understand what was going on with me. Everything that I told him he listened to me. I did not feel hesitate about asking any questions at all about what was going on with me. In return Dr. Nesterenko answered my questions so that I could understand in layman's terms. He again wanted to help me understand all about my herniated disc. I had went 7 years, did all that I could do before I thought about surgery. I went to Dr. Nesterenko's office. I had surgery 10 days after my first visit, and immediately when I wrote up from recovery I told my family member that I could feel my leg like it used to feel, NO burning sensations, tingling, numbness. IT WAS WONDERFUL! Hands down this was the BEST decision that I could have made. I am so THANKFUL for Dr. Nesterendo and for his staff as well. May God Bless you all for helping people feel better.
Deborah Chaney – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Great doctor. Dr Nesterenko took a very conservative approach to my back issues. He had me try a multitude of alternative treatments before surgery. Very approachable and really cares about his patients. Does a very good job of explaining what the surgery will entail and the pros and cons associated with the surgery. Surgery corrected all the issues I had before surgery and relieve all my previous symptoms. I would recommend Dr Nesterenko to anyone having back issues.
Terry Brown – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
My husband was the first patient to receive an endoscopic microdiskectomy for a herniated disc by Dr. Nesterenko. His herniation in L4 and L5 was causing severe pain, making him unable to walk. Dr. Nesterenko made sure to walk us through the process of surgery from beginning to end. Dr. Nesterenko and his team met me outside the surgical suite to give me updates on the day of his surgery, and his back pain is completely gone! We are so extremely grateful to Dr. Nesterenko and his team for everything they have done.
Bunkers – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
I had a fusion surgery through Dr. Nesterenko and couldn't be happier. He knows what he is doing and he also knows his business inside and out. I have not had any problems and I am going on four months after surgery. I would recommend him to anyone that needs surgery.
Nancy McIlwee – Aug 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
2 weeks after Laminectomy surgery, the recovery and pain relief were as good as expected. I would use Dr. Nesterenko again and recommend him to others.
Charles G – Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Dr. Nesterenko was very thorough with his visits. He and his staff took the time to explain all options and possible outcomes. I enjoyed the fact that he allowed me to make the determination if surgery was the best for me, that is with his sound medical advice. I have immediately noticed a complete improvement in my lower back pains and problems. I will certainly recommend Dr. Nesterenko and his staff to any one else I know that is having these type of medical problems. Thank you so much Dr. Nesterenko and staff at Grace Clinic/Hospital
Deacon Manuel Marin – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
I Have already recommended Dr Nesterenko and Grace clinic to people. I was pleased with the medical care, friendliness, time in office and waiting room, I had surgery on the L4 disk in lower back and i am doing fine. The Doctor is friendly, explains everything, The staff is fast and caring getting you in and out. I have been giving the Office name, Doctor name and phone number to people.
Don Moore in Midland, TX – Jun 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
I cannot recommend Dr. Nesterenko highly enough! If you need an orthopedic surgeon in Lubbock, Texas he is awesome. I had a microdiscectomy in June 2019, and I feel like a brand new person. My only problems since the surgery are pacing myself when it comes to activities. I feel so good and want to do so much I have to be careful not to overdo. I was very nervous about the surgery, since my parents had some really horrible surgery related problems. Dr Nesternko and his staff helped me relax beforehand and I couldn't have asked for better results. I believe Dr Nesterenko really cares about helping his patients get back to leading normal lives. Everyone told me not to have back surgery in Lubbock, to go somewhere else out of town. For me, that really wasn't an option. I believe Dr Nesterenko has a great education behind him and knows what he is doing. I would use him again, and recommend him to everyone.
Tracy in Lubbock , TX – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
I came to Dr. Nesterenko because my knee would collapse and I would fall. I needed surgery on lower back. Dr. Nesterenko was very thorough in explaining the procedure and took ample time for our questions. After surgery gave my wife detailed report. Dr. Nesterenko is a delightful person. I recommend him without hesitation. ??
May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
My wife needed to have her fourth spinal surgery for a fusion. Dr. Nesternko was very good talking us through what was happening, what our options were and managing our expectations. When we were able to get tests done faster than anticipated, he worked to get our surgery moved up and approved through the insurance. Surgery was great, and he (and his team) were just as great at the 2-week follow up appointment. Would highly recommend.
Mar 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Have been on a journey with the nerves in my lower back for over 9 mos. Finally saw Dr. Nesterenko. He was very helpful, answered all my questions, discussed what was next. Never have I had a doctor so thorough on the first visit. Very comfortable during the appt to the point I told him at the end I actually enjoyed this doctor visit.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Had inital surgery to fuse C6C7 with a plate, cage and screws on Dec. 7th. Saw PA 2 weeks after surgery with Dr. Nesterenko coming in too. Then 3 months saw PA again but not Dr. as he was busy with another patient. Next visit is June 4th of 2019. Had xrays both visits beforehand.
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Had back surgery on 8th of March was in so much pain I could hardly move, i had a pinched nerve and my right leg would go completely numb. The day after surgery was the last time a had a pain pill I was totally pain free. I used the walker for a few days but now am waling on my own 2 feet nice and straight. Dr Nesterenko just can't tell ypu how grateful I am and I would highly recommend you to anyone needing back surgery. Thank you great job
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
My husband and I felt like Dr. Nesterenko was very knowledgeable about what was going on with my husband’s back. Before, during and after the surgery, he treated us well and kept us very informed. We would use him again if we needed to.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Dr. Nesterenko performed surgery/fusion in September on L-4/L-5, inserted pins and disc. I had immediate relief of excruciating pain. Little things like sneezing without pain and tears, big things like standing upright by the end of the day without pain. I've needed no, NO, pain meds. not even Tylenol. Praise God. And thank you Dr. Nesterenko. Also his staff (office and hospital) are wonderful. Every question I've needed to ask have had quick response, for which I'm also thankful.
Mary in Andrews, TX – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Dr. Nesterenko is a good Doctor and I recommend to friends and family.
Eusebio M Aldana Esquirol in Hobbs, NM – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?
Dr.Nesterenko He did back sergurey on me on March of 2018 . That was the best thing I ever done. I can walk better and no burning in my leg no more. If you are looking for a great Sureon you need to talk Sergiy Nesterenko . See him at Grace hospital at 50th and Universty.
George Sterling in Lubbock – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiy Nesterenko, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nesterenko?

My team strives to provide personalized and comprehensive care for your back- or neck-related problem with the least invasive methods. I will spend...Read more

Dr. Nesterenko is a fellowship-trained board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon with additional neurosurgical training. This background helps him differentiate...Read more

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery