Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD

NeurologyMale

Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Greenville, SC. Dr. Besliu has more experience with Headache and Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital and Prisma Health Greer Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Besliu to book an appointment.

Neuroscience Associates

200 Patewood Dr Ste B350 Greenville, SC 29615
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Besliu is affiliated with Prisma Health Patewood Hospital Greenville, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Besliu

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Besliu treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Besliu treats other conditions, please contact the office at (864) 454-4500.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Besliu is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache
Migraine
Tension Headache
Normal
High
Very High

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Treatments

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningitis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Study
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome

Dr. Besliu accepts

Dr. Besliu accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Besliu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Besliu

4.0

Dr. Besliu?
  • Office environment (10)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (9)
  • Explained conditions well (9)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
Dr. Besliu is an outstanding diagnostician and care giver. He is highly involved in his patient's overall condition with all its complexities, as well as extremely knowledgeable and thorough. He has treated both me and my wife, and in her case he was the one to diagnose a subtle auto-immune condition (outside of his declared specialty) which eluded all other specialists up to that point. This allowed us to pursue specific treatment for her at the Cleveland Clinic. His bedside manner is very gentle and caring with a subtle, dry sense of humor. We both admire him.
from Five Forks area – May 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
I was taken aback by his utter lack of bedside manner. I can't say I've ever encountered someone quite so rude and arrogant in the medical community. He didn't take time to understand my migraine, I had to stop him from discussing treatment to explain my condition. I thought perhaps he was having a bad day until I read the other reviews on here. He criticized the treatment modality I was previously prescribed by another doctor (in same medical complex) and scolded my like a child for following their directions. It felt like his focus was pushing whatever newest drug/injection the drug companies were pushing. In addition, I handed my packet of paperwork to the intake personnel who handed it back to me. No one ever took the packet, I ended up throwing it away after I left. The worst part was really his lack of compassion, I never felt like I had a voice. He may be quite competent and knowledge, but patients should be treated with a modicum of respect.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
Very pleased! Could not be more pleased. Show concern and compassion for me as a patient! Exam very thorough, took the time to answer my questions and provide explanations clearly. Has worked with me to provide the best medication outcome. Office staff and nurses very pleasant. Clean environment. Highly recommend!
Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
My previous neurologist moved to another state without referring his patients to a new doctor. I did my research & found Neuroscience Associates. I was truly blessed to find Dr. Besliu! From the time that you check in you are treated with the utmost respect & attention. Dr. B cares about his patients answering any & all questions. I would one hundred times over recommend him!
Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Besliu for over two years. I have been going to neurologists for over 30 years for the treatment of migraines. He was the first doctor to tell me I was over using meds. He has given me alternatives to think about with the associated costs as well as risks. Dr. Besliu knows ME. Not all doctors remember you from visit to visit. He has called me at home on two occasions. He listens. When I try something and it doesn't work, he listens to me.
Pickens, SC – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
He was rude and very abrut, he is probaly great with other conditions but out of date on mine. Horrible bedside manner. Fantastic staff, facilities were nice, offers medications not answers, the waiting room is chaotic.
Greer, SC – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
Dr. B has significantly improved my quality of life in just a few short months of seeing him. To the person that left 1 star- all migraine and headache treatments are a guessing game, deary. When you find a dr that can identify the exact cause of migraine, please do share. I've had many triggers identified throughout my years of suffering, but no dr (MUSC, UVA, UT, UoMich, Headache Wellness Center-Greensboro, Kernersville Headache Clinic,+++) has ever found an explanation. Dr. B is excellent.
Boiling Springs, SC – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
I am a patient of Dr. Besliu's and I believe that he is a great doctor and I have been going to neurologists since I was age of 4 he tells me the truth and is not rude and has my best interest at heart all the time. He suggested the Botox injections treatment for my very dibilating migraines and it works like a dream. I have had a total of 3 headaches in 2 months, 2 was from sinuses and allergy problem and the other was an anxiety attack. I am so excited for Dr. Besliu to be my doctor. Thank God
Jessica in Piedmont SC – Nov 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
Never had any answers ...only guesses! Wasted a lot of time and money!
Mauldin, SC – Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
Totally satisfied with medical expertise of Dr Besliu. He diagnosed me quickly, verified with appropriate tests, He has a wonderful bedside manner, spent plenty of time explaining my 2 different neuro problems, and prescribed medication and referrals. I feel very fortunate to have Dr Besliu to be my neurologist. He has earned my trust!
Joan Higgins in Greenville, SC – Jan 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?
i have already sent a family member to him. He is wonderful
Anne in Atlanta, GA – Dec 25, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergiu Besliu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Besliu?

• Neurology