Addiction Psychiatry  |
Dr. Sergio Yero, MD
Dr. Sergio Yero, MD is an addiction psychiatry doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

Advanced Psychiatric Associates

211 Essex St Ste 204

Hackensack, NJ 07601

Learn about Dr. Yero

Dr. Yero's Experience

Dr. Yero's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Addiction Psychiatry

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Suicide Intervention

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Institute Sup De Cien Med De Villa Clara Villa Clara Cuba
  • Yale University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • William Alanson White Inst
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Yero has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yero does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yero and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yero to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Yero's Performance
in Paramus, NJ |
If I could give him 6 stars I would. Always available when needed. He's patient & cares for my well-being. He is determined & tenacious in his treatment of illness. Generous with his time & willingness to go above & beyond other drs. A unique practitioner in his approach to my treatment. His team is exceptional & an asset to the practice. I walk into my appointments feeling hopeless & leave feeling hopeful. In the 20 yrs. been dealing with depression, never experienced such wonderful care.
NJ |
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Yero's for over ten years. She was extremely ill for a very long time when she initially came to him. Dr. Yero's intelligence, expertise in medications, compassion, caring, deep understanding and insight brought out the best in her. My daughter has become nothing short of a miracle and I attribute her amazing progress to Dr. Yero. He truly is a very special doctor.
in New York, NY |
Can't say enough how much Dr. Yero have helped me. Compassionate, caring, and extremely intelligent. Has seen me when I can only pay half of the fee and doesn't judge you on that.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
I have personally been seeing Dr. Sergio Yero for over two years while other members of my family see two other doctors in the practice namely, Dr. Wilbert Yeung and Dr. Eileen Zhivago. This is the rare doctor and the rare practice that strikes a perfect balance between competent expertise and professionalism with compassion and genuineness. I recommend Advanced Psychiatric Associates very highly.
in Ridgewood, NJ |
I've been seeing Dr. Yero for the past two years for lots of different issues that I had to work on. And two years later my quality of life has changed for the better tremendously. Never before had I ever looked forward to see a doctor, but with Dr. Yero, I can't wait until my appointment. Truly, he is one of the best Doctor and a human being that cares about you. He is truly the "BEST" I hope to continue to work with him for as long as I can.
Saddle Brook |
I took my mother to Dr Yero for severe depression. She suffered from depression/anxiety due to several health issues. He made all the difference in my mothers life (and mine) he was very understanding and never made her feel like she was hopeless. Always left very uplifted and knew she would feel good once again. She is in her 80's and is doing so much better nearing her 88th ... Dr. Yero was our miracle maker and I am so fortunate that he was available to treat my mom.
Glen Rock, NJ |
Dr. Yero is a great Psychiatrist. He has helped me so much with my Depression. There was a time where I thought I could not work, could not function. I had been to many psychiatrists that rushed me in and out of the office. Dr. Yero listened to me, spent time with me, made me feel that he really cared about me. I felt he understood what I was going through and treated me accordingly. I have been so much better. People would be lucky to be treated by him.
Dr. Yero is an exceptional physician in a field where it is often difficult to find a highly competent compassionate Dr. We found Dr Yero when our son was hospitalized and have been seeing him the past six years. Through good mental health and bad Dr Yero has been a skilled clinician, with his knowledge not only of medications but also exhibiting compassion and respect to our son and family . He provides excellent care in his office but is always available when needed outside office
in West New York, NJ |
I like his style. Seeing him for 2 years and I am doing much much better. My anxiety and my depression are gone. Not intending to stop treatment with him.
in Elmwood Park, NJ |
Fell into the lap of Dr. Yero and his team of thieves at the lowest point in my life when I was desperate for help at any cost -- and, boy, did 4 years of "service" with these animals cost me! 3 were with Dr. Yero himself, who collected $200 for each ~30-minute visit during which he continuously pushed his own hypotheses of why I was feeling certain ways, despite the evidence I would give to the contrary. Each month, my dose would fluctuate, causing me to run out and miss work, etc.
Elizabeth, NJ |
My experience with Dr Yero.. had been helpful because was treated of my initial issue but if you don't have money to keep up with your visits her terminates you with no question. It's very upsetting that you can pay so much money out if pocket and get terminated and then not even given any guidance to where else you may go. Horrible practice not helpful at all. People do not treat you well.. And Dr. Yero had the worst attitude!
in Paramus, NJ |
Hard to get in touch with. Staff is spiteful. He is an addiction psychiatrist but treats all types of people. The staff treats people differently depending on their condition (dislike addicts). He has become too busy to be there for the patients that were there from the start. Also he used to do addiction work in Connecticut... Search google for how most doctors in CT abuse the system. I used to believe in him. Now I am left in disappointment.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Huge ego. Careless with patients and their feelings. If he's in a bad mood, expect to be spoken down to, a condescending attitude or even dismissal as a patient. Not trustworthy or truly interested in the wellbeing of patients. Very long wait times in an 85 degree office. Just a very not nice man.
Have you seen Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Are you Dr. Yero?