Dr. Sergio Yero, MD

Dr. Yero
Telehealth services available

Advanced Psychiatric Associates

256 Columbia Tpke Florham Park, NJ 07932

Dr. Sergio Yero, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Florham Park, NJ. He is not accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yero to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatrists in your area

See similar Addiction Psychiatrists in Florham Park

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews

Dr. Yero accepts

Dr. Yero accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check if Dr. Yero treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Yero's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Suicide Intervention
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Sergio Yero, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Yero's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yero

4.0

Dr. Yero?
What People Say About Dr. Sergio Yero, MD
My son has been seeing Dr Yero for several years now and has had medical issues as well. No other doctor has helped him but Dr Yero did testing and found out results with diagnosis finally. He is a wonderful doctor who I have great respect for and very knowledgeable and spends time to listen to his patients. So so thankful for Dr Yero who is a great physician and very compassionate with his patients. Thank you again for helping us
Jan 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Saved my life... I've been a patient with Yero for 8 yrs. Addiction. There were times (ONLY in the beginning) I truly hated Dr Y & in hindsight, I am eternally grateful for those times. Dr. Yero knew exactly what was going on & I just didn't like that I couldn't manipulate the man... Addiction teaches us to be Masters at this. He outsmarted me & got me on track. It's hard to recover. That's not his fault, but if you TRULY want the help you will find it with Sergio Yero ... IF YOU ARE GOING THERE TO SCORE SOME MEDS TO GET THRU A PERIOD OF TIME HE WILL KNOW SO DON'T GO. Otherwise, I can honestly say Dr Yero and for a time, Dr. Ortiz took me from my worst and held my hand through to getting my life back. 8 years later, I still see him. Time: they (psychiatrists) don't have the time most expect to get. Yero is not much different. So I recommend PROPER TIME SCHEDULING when you set up. Highly recommend.
Jenn – Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
As a patient for 6 years, I highly recommend Dr. Yero. He is extremely insightful when considering treatment solutions, and will consistently treat patients with empathy and respect. With a vast knowledge of psychiatric conditions, Dr. Yero is great at explaining the intricacies of a disorder as well as the chemical effects of medication on the brain. He is very attentive when addressing patient concerns, and conducts himself with integrity and honest character.
Apr 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Legit told me you must feel like a loser. Didn't give me any skills to help work with my problem. Prescribed me medicine that me feel so much worse. Wouldn't listen when i told him how it made me feel. Then forgot everything i said the next time I saw him. Then got terminated for not showing up he got really angry
Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
The Best! He’s the BEST doctor that has ever happened to my husband! Highy highly recommend. Truly a Brilliant and amazing doctor. I thank the lord everday we found him.
Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is very smart and personable. He went out of his way to help me when I had other medical issues. He seems truly interested patient's welfare and in further learning about the science of psychiatry. He was there for me when I was at the most difficult moment of my life. When I would leave his office after a session, I felt strong and more capable. He is a gem.
Jul 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
If I could give him 6 stars I would. Always available when needed. He's patient & cares for my well-being. He is determined & tenacious in his treatment of illness. Generous with his time & willingness to go above & beyond other drs. A unique practitioner in his approach to my treatment. His team is exceptional & an asset to the practice. I walk into my appointments feeling hopeless & leave feeling hopeful. In the 20 yrs. been dealing with depression, never experienced such wonderful care.
AB in Paramus, NJ – Sep 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Yero's for over ten years. She was extremely ill for a very long time when she initially came to him. Dr. Yero's intelligence, expertise in medications, compassion, caring, deep understanding and insight brought out the best in her. My daughter has become nothing short of a miracle and I attribute her amazing progress to Dr. Yero. He truly is a very special doctor.
NJ – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Can't say enough how much Dr. Yero have helped me. Compassionate, caring, and extremely intelligent. Has seen me when I can only pay half of the fee and doesn't judge you on that.
Anonymous in New York, NY – Jul 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I have personally been seeing Dr. Sergio Yero for over two years while other members of my family see two other doctors in the practice namely, Dr. Wilbert Yeung and Dr. Eileen Zhivago. This is the rare doctor and the rare practice that strikes a perfect balance between competent expertise and professionalism with compassion and genuineness. I recommend Advanced Psychiatric Associates very highly.
SM in Fair Lawn, NJ – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Yero for the past two years for lots of different issues that I had to work on. And two years later my quality of life has changed for the better tremendously. Never before had I ever looked forward to see a doctor, but with Dr. Yero, I can't wait until my appointment. Truly, he is one of the best Doctor and a human being that cares about you. He is truly the "BEST" I hope to continue to work with him for as long as I can.
Bellini K in Ridgewood, NJ – Jul 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I took my mother to Dr Yero for severe depression. She suffered from depression/anxiety due to several health issues. He made all the difference in my mothers life (and mine) he was very understanding and never made her feel like she was hopeless. Always left very uplifted and knew she would feel good once again. She is in her 80's and is doing so much better nearing her 88th ... Dr. Yero was our miracle maker and I am so fortunate that he was available to treat my mom.
Saddle Brook – Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is a great Psychiatrist. He has helped me so much with my Depression. There was a time where I thought I could not work, could not function. I had been to many psychiatrists that rushed me in and out of the office. Dr. Yero listened to me, spent time with me, made me feel that he really cared about me. I felt he understood what I was going through and treated me accordingly. I have been so much better. People would be lucky to be treated by him.
Glen Rock, NJ – Jul 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is an exceptional physician in a field where it is often difficult to find a highly competent compassionate Dr. We found Dr Yero when our son was hospitalized and have been seeing him the past six years. Through good mental health and bad Dr Yero has been a skilled clinician, with his knowledge not only of medications but also exhibiting compassion and respect to our son and family . He provides excellent care in his office but is always available when needed outside office
Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I like his style. Seeing him for 2 years and I am doing much much better. My anxiety and my depression are gone. Not intending to stop treatment with him.
Peter in West New York, NJ – Jun 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Fell into the lap of Dr. Yero and his team of thieves at the lowest point in my life when I was desperate for help at any cost -- and, boy, did 4 years of "service" with these animals cost me! 3 were with Dr. Yero himself, who collected $200 for each ~30-minute visit during which he continuously pushed his own hypotheses of why I was feeling certain ways, despite the evidence I would give to the contrary. Each month, my dose would fluctuate, causing me to run out and miss work, etc.
James` in Elmwood Park, NJ – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
My experience with Dr Yero.. had been helpful because was treated of my initial issue but if you don't have money to keep up with your visits her terminates you with no question. It's very upsetting that you can pay so much money out if pocket and get terminated and then not even given any guidance to where else you may go. Horrible practice not helpful at all. People do not treat you well.. And Dr. Yero had the worst attitude!
Elizabeth, NJ – Jul 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Hard to get in touch with. Staff is spiteful. He is an addiction psychiatrist but treats all types of people. The staff treats people differently depending on their condition (dislike addicts). He has become too busy to be there for the patients that were there from the start. Also he used to do addiction work in Connecticut... Search google for how most doctors in CT abuse the system. I used to believe in him. Now I am left in disappointment.
Anon Amous in Paramus, NJ – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Huge ego. Careless with patients and their feelings. If he's in a bad mood, expect to be spoken down to, a condescending attitude or even dismissal as a patient. Not trustworthy or truly interested in the wellbeing of patients. Very long wait times in an 85 degree office. Just a very not nice man.
R_Miller in Hackensack, NJ – Mar 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yero?

• Addiction Psychiatry

2007
UMDNJ
William Alanson White Inst

More Information

• Does Dr. Yero communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero communicates via email

• Does Dr. Yero offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Yero offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Yero have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Yero offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Yero offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Yero offers evening visits