Dr. Sergio Yero, MD

Addiction Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Yero

Advanced Psychiatric Associates

211 Essex St Ste 204 Hackensack, NJ 07601

Dr. Sergio Yero, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in Hackensack, NJ and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from Institute Sup De Cien Med De Villa Clara Villa Clara Cuba in 1992 and specializes in addiction psychiatry, psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Yero's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yero

3.9

Dr. Yero?
Dr. Yero's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sergio Yero, MD
Dr. Yero is a malignant narcissist selfie queen. He never had any business getting involved with medications or humans. He speaks so poorly and behaves deplorably. I wish I reported him for the scams he and his office ran but I’m just glad to be rid of that mean little man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
As a patient for 6 years, I highly recommend Dr. Yero. He is extremely insightful when considering treatment solutions, and will consistently treat patients with empathy and respect. With a vast knowledge of psychiatric conditions, Dr. Yero is great at explaining the intricacies of a disorder as well as the chemical effects of medication on the brain. He is very attentive when addressing patient concerns, and conducts himself with integrity and honest character.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Legit told me you must feel like a loser. Didn't give me any skills to help work with my problem. Prescribed me medicine that me feel so much worse. Wouldn't listen when i told him how it made me feel. Then forgot everything i said the next time I saw him. Then got terminated for not showing up he got really angry
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
The Best! He’s the BEST doctor that has ever happened to my husband! Highy highly recommend. Truly a Brilliant and amazing doctor. I thank the lord everday we found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is very smart and personable. He went out of his way to help me when I had other medical issues. He seems truly interested patient's welfare and in further learning about the science of psychiatry. He was there for me when I was at the most difficult moment of my life. When I would leave his office after a session, I felt strong and more capable. He is a gem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
If I could give him 6 stars I would. Always available when needed. He's patient & cares for my well-being. He is determined & tenacious in his treatment of illness. Generous with his time & willingness to go above & beyond other drs. A unique practitioner in his approach to my treatment. His team is exceptional & an asset to the practice. I walk into my appointments feeling hopeless & leave feeling hopeful. In the 20 yrs. been dealing with depression, never experienced such wonderful care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Yero's for over ten years. She was extremely ill for a very long time when she initially came to him. Dr. Yero's intelligence, expertise in medications, compassion, caring, deep understanding and insight brought out the best in her. My daughter has become nothing short of a miracle and I attribute her amazing progress to Dr. Yero. He truly is a very special doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Can't say enough how much Dr. Yero have helped me. Compassionate, caring, and extremely intelligent. Has seen me when I can only pay half of the fee and doesn't judge you on that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I have personally been seeing Dr. Sergio Yero for over two years while other members of my family see two other doctors in the practice namely, Dr. Wilbert Yeung and Dr. Eileen Zhivago. This is the rare doctor and the rare practice that strikes a perfect balance between competent expertise and professionalism with compassion and genuineness. I recommend Advanced Psychiatric Associates very highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Yero for the past two years for lots of different issues that I had to work on. And two years later my quality of life has changed for the better tremendously. Never before had I ever looked forward to see a doctor, but with Dr. Yero, I can't wait until my appointment. Truly, he is one of the best Doctor and a human being that cares about you. He is truly the "BEST" I hope to continue to work with him for as long as I can.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I took my mother to Dr Yero for severe depression. She suffered from depression/anxiety due to several health issues. He made all the difference in my mothers life (and mine) he was very understanding and never made her feel like she was hopeless. Always left very uplifted and knew she would feel good once again. She is in her 80's and is doing so much better nearing her 88th ... Dr. Yero was our miracle maker and I am so fortunate that he was available to treat my mom.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is a great Psychiatrist. He has helped me so much with my Depression. There was a time where I thought I could not work, could not function. I had been to many psychiatrists that rushed me in and out of the office. Dr. Yero listened to me, spent time with me, made me feel that he really cared about me. I felt he understood what I was going through and treated me accordingly. I have been so much better. People would be lucky to be treated by him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Dr. Yero is an exceptional physician in a field where it is often difficult to find a highly competent compassionate Dr. We found Dr Yero when our son was hospitalized and have been seeing him the past six years. Through good mental health and bad Dr Yero has been a skilled clinician, with his knowledge not only of medications but also exhibiting compassion and respect to our son and family . He provides excellent care in his office but is always available when needed outside office
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
I like his style. Seeing him for 2 years and I am doing much much better. My anxiety and my depression are gone. Not intending to stop treatment with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Fell into the lap of Dr. Yero and his team of thieves at the lowest point in my life when I was desperate for help at any cost -- and, boy, did 4 years of "service" with these animals cost me! 3 were with Dr. Yero himself, who collected $200 for each ~30-minute visit during which he continuously pushed his own hypotheses of why I was feeling certain ways, despite the evidence I would give to the contrary. Each month, my dose would fluctuate, causing me to run out and miss work, etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
My experience with Dr Yero.. had been helpful because was treated of my initial issue but if you don't have money to keep up with your visits her terminates you with no question. It's very upsetting that you can pay so much money out if pocket and get terminated and then not even given any guidance to where else you may go. Horrible practice not helpful at all. People do not treat you well.. And Dr. Yero had the worst attitude!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Hard to get in touch with. Staff is spiteful. He is an addiction psychiatrist but treats all types of people. The staff treats people differently depending on their condition (dislike addicts). He has become too busy to be there for the patients that were there from the start. Also he used to do addiction work in Connecticut... Search google for how most doctors in CT abuse the system. I used to believe in him. Now I am left in disappointment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?
Huge ego. Careless with patients and their feelings. If he's in a bad mood, expect to be spoken down to, a condescending attitude or even dismissal as a patient. Not trustworthy or truly interested in the wellbeing of patients. Very long wait times in an 85 degree office. Just a very not nice man.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Yero, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yero?

• Addiction Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Related Disorders
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Dementia
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Substance Use Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Suicide Intervention
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)