Dr. Sergio Silva, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 53

Psychiatry

Dr. Sergio Silva, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Texas Health Science Center Houston medical school in 1994. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Sergio Silva, MD

Silva Psychiatric Care

1228 W 26th St Unit B Houston, TX 77008 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

1 board action Found
  • Modification Order (12/2/2016)View details
No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Silva's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Silva accepts

Dr. Silva accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Silva's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Silva

4.5

Dr. Silva

Experienced and Compassionate Psychiatrist
Customized approach for each patient. Takes the time and energy to understand your goals for emotional wellness. Responsive and thorough. Would highly recommend.
Apr 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Very professional and responsive and I recommend working with him.
Apr 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silva is great! He really hears what I am saying and wants to help. He sends numerous appointment reminders which is great and he is on time for appointments. He is always available to help and very responsive to texts and phone calls. I would recommend him to anyone who needs psychiatric care.
Apr 19, 2022
1st impression
Today was my first appointment with Dr. Silva, but it felt like my 100th. He truly makes you feel confident in being completely honest, because he really wants to help his patients to the best of his ability. He genuinely cares and wants his Patients to prosper and live their best lives. I Highly recommend him to anyone who is need of his services.
Chris Tx – Apr 15, 2022
A Doctor who Loves his patients
Dr. Silva is a lifesaver. Extremely knowledgeable, professional, and clinically superior over others in his field. If you're looking for a psychiatrist that knows what he's doing, and takes his time, and loves his patients, then it's definitely Dr Silva.
Mar 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silva is a Dr that actually genuinely cares about your safety, well-being, and mental health. I have a very addictive type of personality and have struggled with substance abuse in the past, which I was upfront about with Dr Silva. Therefore, he was very thorough with me every month during our Video meetings and he was incredibly cognizant of even the slightest changes to my mood or affect and could notice things that even I couldn’t at the time until he brought it to my attention. Ultimately, Dr Silva made a decision to no longer prescribe ADHD meds (adderall) to me any longer because he felt like it was having or could be leading to negative effects that far outweighed any positive effect the meds were providing me. I was somewhat angry at first, but once I took a step back and analyzed the situation, I was absolutely in agreeable with and thankful for Dr Silva caring enough about me and doing what he did to help save me from Myself. Dr Silva is seriously a 100 on a 1-10 scale.
Bobby JL Jones – Oct 03, 2021
Awesome!!
Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
prompt appointment. listened to me very well, better than any other psychiatrists available in my area. love that i can get care like this without being judged on appearance.
Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Silva for just under two years. I have seen countless psychiatrists over the years and none have compared to Dr. Silva. Each visit, I am more impressed by his knowledge and experience. He is truly an expert in his field and I trust his advice implicitly. If you are looking for a doctor who truly listens to you, acts with integrity, and treats you with respect Dr. Silva is it! He always takes the time to truly listen and uses his technical knowledge and understanding of the human experience to assess my condition. Dr. Silva is always prompt for our visits in addition to offering his services virtually, it has saved me an incredible amount of time. I am very grateful to have found Dr. Silva.
Sarah B. – Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silva has been great and has exceeded my expectations. These aren't words I've used to describe an experience or visit with a medical practitioner in the past. I'm grateful for having found him when I did. Never have I felt dehumanized or condescended to. It's unique to find an empathetic and kind doctor let alone that is responsive, available and adept. I was doubtful about the efficacy of telemedicine in general, but Dr Silva has assuaged those fears and makes the medium really work for the patient.
John – Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I was shocked at how helpful and responsive Dr. Silva has been. He was immediately able to assess my need for treatment and offered a great deal of information and support. So impressed with his insightfulness and manner.
Jul 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silva has helped me through multiple personal issues. Wonderful service!!
Jul 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I have seen Dr. Silva since March of 2020, and my life is immeasurably better because of his care and guidance. He is kind and personable and I feel like the attention I get at each appointment is with my whole self in mind. I was hesitant to see a psychiatrist, and I was a bit skeptical of telemedicine. I'm grateful Dr. Silva dismantled both of those concerns.
Taylor – Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr Silva is so helpful and so intuitive! I always try to figure everything out ahead of time, but then at our appointment he is able to get right to the point by asking exactly the right questions! Dr Silva is very relatable and easy to talk to. He is very responsive by email or text if that need arises, which give us peace of mind. The zoom meetings are so much better than driving across town and waiting our turn in an office—instead we can be comfortable at home for our meeting. Dr Silva is a huge blessing to our family and we are so thankful for our relationship with him.
Jun 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I just had my first visit with Dr. Sergio Silva yesterday. I had been putting this off for many years, until finally I worked up the courage to do so. Making an appointment is so easy it’s actually impressive how reachable he is for a Dr! He actually is available via text, which is remarkable. Within minutes of our meeting I could tell Dr. Silva was incredibly caring and actually listened and asked follow up questions. I explained my hesitation with medicine and he agreed and we found the right route for me. He was incredibly thorough, and made me feel super comfortable! My only regret is not setting an appointment with him sooner. I have anxiety with Dr’s, yet he made me feel calm! I’m actually looking forward to our next appointment, and if you knew me you would know that isn’t me! Thank you Dr. Silva, you’re a ln amazing Dr. I only hope someone reads this and gets the help he can provide! He’s a game CHANGER! Trust me!
Anonymous – Jun 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silva is the most incredible physician I have ever spoke too! He listens to your needs, problems, situations, life lessons, and is non judgmental. The most caring and loving Dr. ever. He doesn’t try to shove medications down your throat like most. I would recommend him to my worst enemy. Thank you Dr. Silva. You are absolutely without a doubt…..THE BEST!
KB – Jun 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Great bedside manner which is hard to find. Truly cares. Goes the extra mile. I have been so happy w his insight, and help through a difficult situation. He is above and beyond what is out there, and I know he has my best interest at heart. I appreciate him, the time he gives, and the education along the way. I Always feel heard. I respect him and again, not easy to always find
Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I had a really bad experience with a psychiatrist in the past and Dr. Silva is the complete opposite of that experience! Super helpful and knowledgeable. Also responds to any questions I have in a quick manner and is super flexible regarding appointment rescheduling, prescription refills etc. I feel he actually cares as well. Definitely sets the bar high for the quality of care and all psychiatrists should take notes from this guy on how it should be done!
Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
I am so happy to have found Dr. Silva. He has been a huge help since the first visit. It is hard to find someone who is not only helpful but always available for check-ins and questions outside of appointments.
Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?
Dr. Silvia is a rare find! During my initial visit with him, he genuinely cared about my issues, he listened patiently, took his time with me and reassured me that he would be able to help me. He also makes it very easy to communicate with him between appointments, and always responds to any questions or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Silva and Im very grateful to have found him.
Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sergio Silva, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Silva?