Dr. Sergio Sanchez, MD

Dr. Sergio Sanchez, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Sergio A. Sanchez completed medical school in Brazil. He then completed his residency in Psychiatry at The University of Oklahoma in 2001. He received training in the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Oklahoma City and has worked with veterans ever since. He has worked in various chemical dependency programs and now works with Buprenorphine for Opiate Dependence Disorders. He has been involved in over fifty psychopharmacological research studies. Dr. Sanchez has worked in the acute inpatient hospital setting since medical school and continues to do so. He emphasizes family core values and is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese. Dr. David C. Jacobs was born in Ashville, NC and has lived most of his life in the Carolinas. He is a board certified psychiatrist who has practiced in the Greenville area since 1990. He treats adults for psychiatric disorders including, depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, anxiety disorder, and schizophrenia.

68 Parkway Commons Way

Greer, SC 29650

Learn about Dr. Sanchez

See how frequently Dr. Sanchez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
high
Drug and Alcohol Dependence
high

Dr. Sanchez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sanchez "The focus of South Carolina Psychiatric Group is the treatment of mental health disorders, including Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia and other conditions facing adults. Mental Health issues can affect anyone at any time, regardless of gender, age, race, or economic status. Receiving the proper diagnosis and treatment can greatly improve a person's quality of life. At South Carolina Psychiatric Group, the doctors and staff work with our patients to provide the best personal health care possible."

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Sanchez does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Munchausen Syndrome
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine

Dr. Sanchez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sanchez has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Sanchez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sanchez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sanchez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sanchez to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Sanchez's Performance
    GOOD
I would definitely recommend Dr Sanchez to anyone who is going through active addiction or even just struggling with life it self ! When I met him I was lost and confused and thought the world owed me ! He helped me see that I was in control of my life! Now I have my kids back and I'm stable and back on track ! All thanks to him ! He was hard on me at first but he only wants the best for me ! He doesn't sugar coat anything , he is straight up and just what I needed ! Thanks to him I have my life
in Spartanburg, SC |
I appreciate the honesty and the concise, but empathetic manner in which Dr. Sanchez has helped me through some tough times. I am a transgender man, and he has been respectful and works nicely on not misgendering me. Basically, I have never met such an upbeat, friendly, professional and compassionate psychiatrist! I cannot speak to anyone else whom has come to his practice, but we did try to get my partner to come. My only qualm would be... maybe allowing medicare/ Humana patients be seen. Thnks
in Mauldin, SC |
Dr.Sanchez,Is a great doctor.When I am stressed or just not feeling good Dr Sanchez always has the right words or ear for listening.I always leave his office feeling much better.
Have you seen Dr. Sergio Sanchez, MD?
Are you Dr. Sanchez?