Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 51 years old

Academy of Diabetes Thyroid and Endocrine PA
1516 Lomaland Dr Ste 206
El Paso, TX 79935 Get Directions

Dr. Rovner specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in El Paso, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Rovner? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Rovner's Experience

See how Dr. Rovner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rovner

Dr. Rovner accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Rovner has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Rovner
Dr. Rovner's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (45)
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Rover is kind, knowledgeable, and thorough. He does not rush his patients, taking plenty of time to explain things and answer questions. Most of the staff has been helpful and friendly. The problem comes before reaching the doctor. The initial wait after sign-in can be 2 1/2 hours, then the receptionist calls you to take your payment, then you go back to the waiting room, then you go in for weight and blood pressure checks. Then, back to the waiting room again before seeing the doctor.
in El Paso, TX |
First visit - Waiting time was excellent, a lot better than my PCP. I had my appointment at 9:00am and by 10:00am I was out of the doc's office. Dr. Rovner showed a very professional behavior, focused on what needed to be discuss. He answered all my questions and provided additional information I can read later. I liked the entire process, in particular the printed information and recommendations from the doctor, this is a good way to not forget what was discussed.
in El Paso, TX |
He is a great doctor!! Very know legible, and very concerned for all medical aspects of his patients. He asks a lot of questions, listens and gives full explanations of what is going on. Excellent at determining what tests need to be performed and when refills to other specialties should be made.
in El Pasp, TX |
I love Dr Rovner himself, for the most part but the office staff and nurses couldn't care less about you. Getting prescription refills or authorization from insurances is impossible. No one ever calls you back or sometimes they never even answer the phone. Reps in and out but you wait 3 hours to see him as a patient. PA has the personality of a rock. Time for a new Dr.
El Paso, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Rovner about 8-9 years ago. I have been satisfied with my care.
El Paso tx |
I'm a pretty young guy with some minor health issues. Referred by my Primary for cholesterol issues, very satisfied with staff professionalism and Dr knowledge on my specific issue. Follow up was very thorough and plan for treatment was very easy to understand.
I had called in an appointment and I was told they could treat hotmones. When I arrived, I had to wait for two hours. When I met with the doctor he said there was another endocrinologist closer to me area. I guess because I started asking to many questions about the wait time with his staff. I came back a second time. Instead I was told they rarely prescribe hormones & referred me back to my gynecologist while in the same breathe saying birth control is soo low dose & may not help. Not helpful
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Rovner went througfh all of my previous labs and imaging procedures with me and spent a considerable amount of time explaining my diagnosis and treatment plan. So far so good. I've read many negative reviews about the office staff's treatment of patients and the long wait times, which was the opposite of my experiences. My only issue was when I made the appointment, for 7:30 am, the staff I spoke to recommended I get there at 7:00 am. The only problem was the office opened at 7:30 am!
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Rovner was okay. On my second visit I saw the nurse practitioner who could not be bothered to introduce herself. She went through results and when she said a level was high or low she would just look at me like I was supposed to know what she was talking about. In the end when she was ready to leave I had to introduce myself to her to find out who she was. Could have been a clerk for all I knew. Not even an ID. The wait time there is absolutely ridiculous - plan for 3 hrs. Not good.
El Paso, TX |
I've had 2 appointments cancelled on me due to the doctor not being in and had to reschedule them. Unless I'm he first appointment of the day, the wait time is upwards of an hour or more. Several times I've had my vitals taken after an hour to be asked to sit back out in the lobby due to lack of rooms to be seen. They call patients based on raffle tickets instead of names. See quite a few medical reps in and out. Focus on the patient first and the reps second or block out time for them!
in EL PASO |
if you are seen by the doc the service is good. The operation side is horrible. Their phones never work according to the receptionist (Laura). Anytime refills are needed it will take up to weeks to get anyone to help. You are transferred to prescriptions and never speak to anyone. My insurance copy gets no responses from them when authorization forms are sent in! According to Laura, Pearl handles prescriptions and Pearl never returns or answer the phone. This staff shows no empathy.
El Paso, TX |
MY ONLY ISSUE THERE IS THE WAIT TIME I ALWAYS HAVE A MINIMUM WAIT OF ATEAST 2 1/2 TO 3 HRS I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF PATIENTS WITH DIFFERENT COMPLICATIONS BUT I DO SEE A LOT MEDICAL REPS GOING IN AND OUT OF THE OFFICE WHICH I BELEIVE THAT TAKES UP A LOT OF TIME SO I WOULD RECOMMEND SETTING A TIME FOR THEM ONLY WHEN IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH THE CLINIC.
in El Paso, TX |
good doctor but you cant call the office no one answers the phone cant get help on medication , no one returns calls
I liked working with him. But 3 hour waits (with two small children) and I'm not even able to get ahold of anyone to cancel.... Sorry, you're obviously too busy to need my business.
Have you seen Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD?
Are you Dr. Rovner?

Compare Dr. Rovner

More Internists like Dr. Rovner at Academy of Diabetes Thyroid and Endocrine PA

Dr. Rovner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine

Dr. Rovner has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rovner's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Universidad De Buenos Aires
    Beth Israel Medical Center

Dr. Rovner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rovner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology