Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD

Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD

Endocrinology | Male | 51 years old

Academy of Diabetes Thyroid and Endocrine PA

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Rovner specializes in Endocrinology and practices in El Paso, TX. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Rovner? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Rovner's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Rovner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rovner

Dr. Rovner accepts 9 insurance carriers

9 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Rovner has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Rovner

Dr. Rovner's Review Details
2.3 based on 43 responses
Experience with Dr. Rovner
Dr. Rovner's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (37)
El Paso, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Rovner about 8-9 years ago. I have been satisfied with my care.
El Paso tx |
I'm a pretty young guy with some minor health issues. Referred by my Primary for cholesterol issues, very satisfied with staff professionalism and Dr knowledge on my specific issue. Follow up was very thorough and plan for treatment was very easy to understand.
I had called in an appointment and I was told they could treat hotmones. When I arrived, I had to wait for two hours. When I met with the doctor he said there was another endocrinologist closer to me area. I guess because I started asking to many questions about the wait time with his staff. I came back a second time. Instead I was told they rarely prescribe hormones & referred me back to my gynecologist while in the same breathe saying birth control is soo low dose & may not help. Not helpful
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Rovner went througfh all of my previous labs and imaging procedures with me and spent a considerable amount of time explaining my diagnosis and treatment plan. So far so good. I've read many negative reviews about the office staff's treatment of patients and the long wait times, which was the opposite of my experiences. My only issue was when I made the appointment, for 7:30 am, the staff I spoke to recommended I get there at 7:00 am. The only problem was the office opened at 7:30 am!
in El Paso, TX |
Dr. Rovner was okay. On my second visit I saw the nurse practitioner who could not be bothered to introduce herself. She went through results and when she said a level was high or low she would just look at me like I was supposed to know what she was talking about. In the end when she was ready to leave I had to introduce myself to her to find out who she was. Could have been a clerk for all I knew. Not even an ID. The wait time there is absolutely ridiculous - plan for 3 hrs. Not good.
El Paso, TX |
I've had 2 appointments cancelled on me due to the doctor not being in and had to reschedule them. Unless I'm he first appointment of the day, the wait time is upwards of an hour or more. Several times I've had my vitals taken after an hour to be asked to sit back out in the lobby due to lack of rooms to be seen. They call patients based on raffle tickets instead of names. See quite a few medical reps in and out. Focus on the patient first and the reps second or block out time for them!
in EL PASO |
if you are seen by the doc the service is good. The operation side is horrible. Their phones never work according to the receptionist (Laura). Anytime refills are needed it will take up to weeks to get anyone to help. You are transferred to prescriptions and never speak to anyone. My insurance copy gets no responses from them when authorization forms are sent in! According to Laura, Pearl handles prescriptions and Pearl never returns or answer the phone. This staff shows no empathy.
El Paso, TX |
MY ONLY ISSUE THERE IS THE WAIT TIME I ALWAYS HAVE A MINIMUM WAIT OF ATEAST 2 1/2 TO 3 HRS I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF PATIENTS WITH DIFFERENT COMPLICATIONS BUT I DO SEE A LOT MEDICAL REPS GOING IN AND OUT OF THE OFFICE WHICH I BELEIVE THAT TAKES UP A LOT OF TIME SO I WOULD RECOMMEND SETTING A TIME FOR THEM ONLY WHEN IT DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH THE CLINIC.
in El Paso, TX |
good doctor but you cant call the office no one answers the phone cant get help on medication , no one returns calls
I liked working with him. But 3 hour waits (with two small children) and I'm not even able to get ahold of anyone to cancel.... Sorry, you're obviously too busy to need my business.
Have you seen Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD?
Are you Dr. Sergio F. Rovner, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Rovner

More Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists like Dr. Rovner at Academy of Diabetes Thyroid and Endocrine PA

• Endocrinology

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

Universidad De Buenos Aires
    Beth Israel Medical Center

Dr. Rovner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rovner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rovner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Rovner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Endocrinology
  • Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Rovner

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Rovner's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Rovner

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients