Dr. Sergio Alvarado, MD

Dr. Sergio Alvarado, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Spine & Pain Center of San Antonio 3903 Wiseman Blvd Ste 311 San Antonio, TX 78251 Get Directions

Dr. Sergio Alvarado, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Alvarado is affiliated with Connally Memorial Medical Center.

Dr. Alvarado's Experience

See how Dr. Alvarado's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alvarado

Dr. Alvarado accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Alvarado has admitting privileges.

Dr. Alvarado's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvarado to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Alvarado's Performance
in San Antonio |
Dr. Sergio Alvarado and his staff entire staff, from the receptionists to his very caring Assistant Ms. Roy, are some of the most genuine and highly trained people you'll find in this area of practice. In fact, Dr. Alvarado was referred by one of the best Interventional Radiologists in San Antonio. They're exceedingly knowledgeable and are empathetic to your concerns; all treatment plans are discussed in great detail. Since I'm moving to another state I'll sorely miss them all. RPC
San Antonio, TX |
Surprised seeing so many great reviews. I felt the doctor was rushed seeing me and that in itself was ok, but when I saw Medicare was billed $900+ for this visit...the other 2 specialists I recently saw spent much more time with me and charged 1/3 the amount. Then the procedure of the injection without sedation (my choice) and the bill was almost $5k. The entire visit for this was 10 minutes! Now, Medicare didn't pay him anything close, but I feel this is very dishonest. Won't be back.
All good
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Sergio Alvarado is the most honety and trustworthy individual you may want as your doctor. He has helped with some of my worst problems. Dr. Alvarado alsways wants honest from his patients and I would not have it any other way. His procedures have helped me with the majority of my walking. he is the best.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Alvarado is the second. Pain Management Doctor in my life, but the only one that suffested different treatments other than the standard "steroid injection". Befroe I had a nerve oblation (killing the nerve_ I could not stand for more than a few minutes. He given me a better guality of life, which I so appreciate.
San Antonio, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Alavarado for over al year now and have had no bad experience the office and staff is extremely perofessional and the nurses and NP's Have been extremely professional as well. Nothing bad to write or say. I really enjoy coming to office.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Alvarado is great! Some of his staff are not, although things have been improving over the past few months.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Alvarado advises of everything available to and keep my pain level down. I feel he is very honest and caring for patients.
San Antonio, TX |
Making decisions on how to control pain
San Antonio, TX |
Best doctor I have ever had and he does more for my condition.
in San Antonio TX |
I have been very fortunate and blessed the day I was referred to my PAIN Management Dr Sergio Alvarado. I have been a patient of Dr Alvarado since 2013 and I've have had epidural steroid injections and medication since the beginning of treatment.he and his staff have always been there for me and I have very seldom been without my medication,so?? thumbs up FOR Dr.Alvarado and his staff thank you
in San Antonio, TX |
I cannot be more fortunate to have such a kind and caring Doctor such as Dr Alvarado. I have been a patient for just over a year. He is ALWAYS very attentive and takes whatever time required to discuss my situation and answer any questions I may have. I have never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes after arriving and usually only 5-10 minutes. Also, a very special thanks to NP Patricia, Anesthesiologist Jim, Dr Karasek and the entire kind, courteous, and professional staff. God bless you all:)
in San Antonio, TX |
It is difficult to get an appointment and when you leave a message, it is NEVER returned. I was left for three weeks with NO MEDICATION. I am referring to NO CYMBALTA, NO LYRICA and NO HYDROCODONE. It is like they simply don't care. The pain was so bad and my bp was 180/105. NO ONE returned any calls. I might as well have been on an abandoned island somewhere alone.
in san antonio, tx |
Dr. Alvarado is what I wish all doctors were... a person first. He involves the patient in the patient's care. He listens. He understands and decides on a course of treatment. He doesn't think he's God. I've been getting treatment for chronic back pain from him for four years and because of him I can continue to function. I would recommend anyone with back or neck issues to use his services. Excellent doctor, responsive staff.
in San Antonio.Texas |
Dr.Alvarado hurt me worse on the first back procedure and i felt he would fix it within the next few treatments. His nurse keep canceling my appointments claiming my insurance didn't approve.I told her she was a liar and i am telling the Dr.You are not doing your job.I have the authorisation codes.She said you are not getting your meds now and see what happens,hung up.I get to my appointment am told i am fired.Nurse lied that I cursed her.Manager admitted protocol not followed.
in San Antonio, TX |
i missed an appt and was told i could not get a refill on a narcotic pain med i had been on for about a year, they refuse to grant me another appt due to upcoming vacation or something. i was extremely concerned about withdrawal from suddenly stopping meds, was then treated like a drug seeking addict. they are very rude and extremely insensitive. i wouldnt send my dog to them. also i still owe the a lot of money because after informing them 4 times of my new address THEY SUCK
Have you seen Dr. Sergio Alvarado, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvarado?

Compare Dr. Alvarado

}

Dr. Alvarado's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Alvarado has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alvarado's Board Certifications

• Upper Back Pain

University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio

Graduated in 2000

University Tx Med School San Antonio

Dr. Alvarado does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarado and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine