Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Sergey Kachar, DO
Dr. Sergey Kachar, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Arlington Heights, IL. He has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Kachar is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital.

3030 W Salt Creek Ln Ste 100

Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Learn about Dr. Kachar

See how frequently Dr. Kachar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sprains and Strains (incl. Muscle Tear)
Knee Disorders
Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Kachar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Kachar does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Broken Arm
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Joint Disorders
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Midwestern University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Midwestern University
  • University Of Chicago
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Kachar has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kachar has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Kachar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kachar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kachar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kachar to family and friends
Dr. Kachar's Performance
in Hoffman Estates, Ill |
I work at Northwest Community Hospital in ER and have known Dr Kachar for many years. He is kind, patient, knowledgeable and I feel comfortable with him. He takes the time to answer all of your questions. His nurse is also very helpful with whatever you need. I had a rt hip replacement on Sept 25th, 2017. I spent a few days in the hospital then went to the Lutheran Home in Arlington Hts for inpatient rehab for 10 days. Everything went smoothly. I got the best care you could possibly ask for.
in Darien, IL |
Dr. Kachar did a knee replacement on my mother. She had a concern about being sedated under a general anesthesia. She is 81 yrs old. Her primary language is Spanish. Dr. Kachar was very patient and understanding. He made sure she understood everything that was going to happen. He gave her all the time in the world to come to a decision without any pressure whatsoever. He was able to do the surgery with a spinal. She was home in 2 days. Walking w/out cane in 4 weeks. Great recovery. Great staff!
in Palatine |
My rheumatologist has been treating me for painful arthritis in most of my joints . Keep moving and exercise . Take pain meds when necessary . Dr. Kachar replaced my sisters hip in 2015 and did a wonderful job. After xrays and mri, turns out that yes indeed I do have lots of arthritis but the pain in my hip was bursitis. I received an injection of cortisone and a script for prednisone and now a week later I feel much better. when the time comes I wont hesitate to have him replace my knee.
Prospect Heights, IL |
Personable, takes time to answer all questions, explains surgery in detail/what to expect etc.
in Northbrook, IL |
Dr. Kachar was able to see me right after my skiing accident. He was very thorough with examining my knees and very helpful in my speedy recovery. I would reccommend Dr. Kachar to everyone who has problems with their feet!
in Northbrook, Ill |
Dr. Kachar is a true healer. I'm relatively young and active , but have been having all kinds of problems with my knees. Dr. Kachar is always ready to help to make sure I can enjoy my strenuous hikes. He is compassionate, knowledgeable, caring and a great listener. In addition, Dr. Kachar has a great staff and imaging services right there in his office , so there no need to go somewhere else to get MRI and come back to see him, everything can be done at the same time right in his offic
in Palatine, IL |
Dr Kachar was excellent throughout. One day after surgery I had almost no pain, and he suggested a very good Rehab facility. He saw me weekly and was very responsive. He is always pleasant and extremely professional
in Huntley, Illinois |
Easy to schedule visits before and after surgery. Staff is excellent in response to scheduling visits and communication of upcoming visits. Information as to what is involved during the surgery and after the surgery was provided by the doctor and reduced any nervousness that I had. I have recommended Dr. Kachar to several of my neighbors and friends and would go back to Dr. Kachar if I needed another operation.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Kachar replaced my hip in June. After 10 years of intense pain at my first visit he pointed out that I was having a hip issue. Even before taking x-rays, he knew something was wrong with my hip. After x-rays, it was verified that I needed a hip replacement. He is an outstanding physician that was with my every step of the way. I would highly recommend him to anyone and everyone! I am about to turn 60 but I feel like I'm 30! Thank you Dr. Kachar!
in Des Plaines, IL |
Best doctors experience in my life. Everybody are so professional. Always helpful.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I met Dr. Kachar when taken to the hospital by paramedic’s after a fall and breaking my Femur. I feel very fortunate that he was working at the hospital that day. Everyone told me he was a great doctor and I was in good hands. What my husband and I found was that Dr. Kachar is not only a great surgeon but demonstrates true care and sincerity and compassion for his patients. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I received 2 other opinions. I felt Dr. Kachar was very professional and more up to date on knee surgery. I always felt he had your best interest.
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Amazing Doctor. From my first appt I could just tell he was the doctor for me. Very interested in making you feel great again. He is a doctor and a coach. Surgery was excellent, recovery has been awesome. I felt great with no more hip pain immediately. Follow-up care has been great. Healing has been wonderful. If you need an orthopedic Surgeon, look no further -- he's the best. Great experience with office support staff and nurses.
in arlington heights il |
great doctor. First hip done three years ago by another surgeon....very painful. Dr K did this hip and it was totally different experience that the first hip replacement. Up and about with no problems within a couple of weeks.
in Rolling Meadow's, IL |
Best Doctor their is, I looked for 10 year's TO FIND THE RIGHT DOCTOR, for my knee's . He will not disappoint you. He has great manners and moral's. I recommend him 100%.He also great at what he does, Total knee surgery's.
in Lockport, IL |
Dr. Kachar is very caring and attentive to my needs. After excellent results with my knee replacement, a severe problem with sciatic nerve pain developed and he has worked very hard to help me through this pain and finding a solution to this problem.
Round Lake, IL |
Would strongly recommend Dr. Kachar for total hip replacement. My pre-surgery, surgery and recovery care was a most positive experience. He listened carefully, explained thoroughly, was compassionate and caring. I feel Dr. Kachar truly loves being an orthopedic surgeon as is demonstrated by his enthusiastic investment in his patients. His staff was always courteous and friendly making my experience as positive as possible.
in Island Lake |
Had a total left hip replacement with Dr. Kachar. It was Turn Key ! I was walking without a walker or a cane on the 10th day after surgery. He also does reconstructive Surgery, so why not have him do it when you just have severe arthritis, like me. You will not be sorry. I am doing better than ever before. Just can't say enough about him and the Northwest Physical Therapy Group next to his office.
in Desplaines IL |
Trust, explain everything clear,very good understanding of the problems, lots of availability, answers every question clearly
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Dr Kachar is a excellent Doctor. Best personality and he really cares about his patients. My husband and I both see him. He did both my knees and I had excellent results. I recommend him to everyone.
in Illinois City, IL |
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Kachar for many years. He did partial knee replacements on my husband and arthoscopic surgery to repair meniscus tear in one of my knees and total knee replacement in the other. We live about 25 miles away. Although there are other doctors of orthopedics in our area we prefer to stay with Dr. Kachar. He is a fabulous surgeon, and in our opinion the best.
in Algonquin, IL |
What a breath of fresh air is Dr. Kachar. I met a doctor who took the time to talk to me. To find out what I expected from knee replacement surgery. To answer not just my questions and fears, but my husbands as well. I never felt pushed to do the surgery; he gave me information and time to decide. I had the first total knee replacement surgery Nov.9,2015 and the 2nd. Feb.29, 2016. Rehab is hard, but I feel 100% better. Looking forward to golfing again.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I recently had carpal tunnel release surgery and every visit from the diagnosis to the surgery and follow up were excellent. I am very happy with the results and will have to schedule the left hand. I would recommend Dr. Kachar.
in Schaumburg, IL |
This was my first visit to Dr. Kachar. He took care listening to my explanation and was extremely knowledgeable about my diagnosis and how to fix it. He was very kind and had such a calming demeanor. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Wheeling, IL |
After years of suffering pain, Dr. Kachar diagnose my hip problem. He replaced my hip joint and I am now pain free. I am progressing rapidly with rehab and feel that has a lot to do with his technique. He answered all my questions and made me feel at ease. Excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. LOVE LOVE LOVE him.
I would highly recommend Dr Kachar. I never had any difficulty getting an appointment, even when I had an urgent need to be seen. His office is vey well run & accomodating. Dr Kachar is simply the BEST! I work in the healthcare field and appreciate the time he takes with each & every patient. He did my knee replacement & I couldn't be happier with the recovery, pain management and the outcome. Thank you, Dr. Kachar.
in Hoffman Estates, IL |
I had carpel tunnel syndrome in my hand and got carpel tunnel release procedure done by Dr.Kachar. Its been 1 year and there is no scar on my wrist. He is one of the best doctor I met.
Have you seen Dr. Sergey Kachar, DO?
Are you Dr. Kachar?