Dr. Serge Jean, MD

Dr. Serge Jean, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Serge Jean, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Lakeland, FL. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd

Lakeland, FL 33805

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Jean

See how frequently Dr. Jean performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Broken Nose
Headache
Earwax Buildup

Dr. Jean's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Facial Bone
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Wound Repair

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Johns Hopkins Hospital

Dr. Jean has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jean does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jean and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jean's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jean to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Jean's Performance
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Jean met with me in the hospital when I was admitted for severe tonsillitis, i was having complications due to being auto-immune and having a suppressed immune system. He met with me way after hours just to make sure i was alright. He assured me we would need to remove my tonsils and gave me a plan as far are getting rid of the infection prior to surgery. He was kind and compassionate. I met with his practitioner 2 weeks later and was scheduled surgery. My surgery went perfectly. Trust him
Lakeland, FL |
This was the worst experience I have ever encountered with a doctor at Watson clinic. We had a attitude from the start saying that I wasn't referred to him well I pay extra premiums so i don't have to be referred to a specialist I can just choose one Also charge me for things that he did not do would not recommend him at all did not solve any of the issues I had and had
in Lakeland, fl |
Dr. Jean treated my husband while he was in LRMC. Dr. Jean was very informative. He was the first doctor to round on him in the morning and the last to see him in the evening. He is very thorough. He took the time to explain things and answer our questions. We are both very greatful to Dr. Jean as my husband is immunosuppressed and a difficult case to treat. I do regret that we can't continue to see him due to insurance limitations. I would recommend him to everyone needing an ENT.
in Auburndale FL |
Dr Jean is absolutely amazing. I had been seeing a different ENT for 2 years with no answers what so ever to my problem. They just didn't LISTEN to what i was trying to tell them. At a friends recommendation I made an appointment with Dr. Jean, he instantly listened and had an idea of what was going on. He hit it right on and it was no where near what the other ENT was telling me. He is a physician because he truly cares about people and finding the root cause to their issues.
Lakeland, FL |
Rushed, non informative, claimed to have done procedure he did not. did not listen, did not answer issue
in Kissimmee, FL |
I went back to Dr. Jean for a tonsillectomy / adenoidectomy in Sept. 2016 It went flawlessly. I've healed up beautifully and he even trimmed down what was once an unsightly, long, uvula that frequently caused me to gag. I never thought to mention it to him previously, but he caught it and took care of it during surgery. It's perfect now. Four months later, I'm no longer having any of my previous issues. I'm very happy with my results and I've recommended him to my friends. Thank you Dr. Jean!
in Plant City, FL |
Dr. Jean is the WORST doctor I have ever been to at Watson Clinic, which usually has fantastic doctors. He had a bad attitude from the beginning of the visit, acted arrogantly, refused to let me ask questions, and repeatedly asked why I was there. He then snapped at me and said my primary doc was wrong to send me to him. He didn't examine me, look at my scan, or read the report. He said to follow up in a month. I didn't. Instead, I made an appt w/an ENT at another clinic who was SO MUCH nicer.
in Tampa, FL |
He was condescending and short with me. I was referred to him and have since told my referring doctor of the poor treatment I received. I went in with headaches and hoarseness. There was no discussion of what could be wrong, only blindly tossed out options of surgery, sending me to classes to teach me speak with this new voice and then offered to cut out the enlarged lymph nodes in my neck that are part of another condition. Will never go back and would NEVER recommend.
in Lakeland, FL |
I tried asking him questions but all he did was talk over me. It wasn't until I became a bit angry that he stopped interrupting me. I find him impatient and feel he isn't really interested in dealing with whatever concerns you have and lacks bedside manners. I read later that I am not the only one he has done this to. He seemed to be in a hurry which made me feel that I was holding him up from whatever else he had to do. I don't recommend him to anyone.
in Lakeland, FL |
I found Dr. Jean very thorough. He explained, in great detail, what my condition was, options for treatment, and progression of condition if left untreated. I opted for surgery and in this choice Dr. Jean was very thorough in explaining the procedure and the risks. I felt confident in his care and appreciated his staffs care too. Dr. Jean does not have that warm and fuzzy bedside manner some may expect but his knowledge and professionalism made up for that.
in Lakeland, FL |
keep away from this veterinarian . lack of explanation,ignore question,poor communication handling the problem like veterinarian
in Lakeland, FL |
poor comunication,never explain to me about condition ,and no explanation about kind of treatment.ignore question retaliation made charging co-pay after a year because the surgery was canceled
in Mulberry, FL |
Was referred to Dr. Jean by Lakeland Regional ER. First visit was to evaluate my condition. Had a follow up 3days later with his assistant, who could not get my meds right reading them from my records. 1 week later saw Dr. Jean again, the usual office checks were done. No blood work or throat cultures. After looking in my throat Dr. Jean looked at me and said I don't know what's wrong. I want to schedule to scope your throat and lungs and while I'm there take your tonsils I haven't been back!
Have you seen Dr. Serge Jean, MD?
Are you Dr. Jean?