Dr. Seema Izfar, MD

Dr. Izfar
Telehealth services available

Herrera Gloria R MD PA

225 E Sonterra Blvd Ste 215 San Antonio, TX 78258

Dr. Seema Izfar, MD is a colorectal surgery specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas in 2006 and specializes in colorectal surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Colon Surgeons & Rectal Surgeons in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Izfar accepts

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Izfar's experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Seema Izfar, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Izfar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Izfar

Dr. Izfar?
Dr. Izfar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Seema Izfar, MD
I’m a Registered Nurse and a patient of Dr. Izfar and I trust her implicitly. Not only did I have the pleasure of working with Dr. Izfar in the operating room, where I got to see her work firsthand, but when I needed what was sure to be a complex surgery there was no one else I’d rather have work on me. She took excellent care of me before and after surgery and her bedside manner with me and my family was second to none. She’s an extremely talented and diligent surgeon. I highly recommend.
Margot – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
I have been Dr. Izfar’s first assistant for almost 5years. She is by far the best surgeon I have worked with. She truly cares about her patients. She operated on my wife and my father. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Troy Gardner – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
My pcp referred me to Dr Izfar when I had serious diverticulitis. She has been a great colorectal doctor. Professional, knowledgeable and personable. I highly recommend her.
KLH – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
My surgery went very well and I was surprised how little pain I had. I am grateful!
Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Very professional and friendly doctor.
TX – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
She immediately takes action by getting you the correct tests and procedures. Although she is a professional she still treats you like you're human and she seems to remember you and your ailments. So far I've been pleased with her. Other colorectal Dr's really try to get to the root of the problem. The only thing negative I'll say is she says tying off a hemorrhoid doest hurt. She's so wrong. I've been pleased with her and her staff is very genuine and friendly. Recommend her.
Oct 19, 2018
Tammy Winter – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Dr Seema Izfar and her staffs is very accommodating and her office is very stunning and clean. Dr Izfar is the best and most awesome doctor I have every met. When we move San Antonio, TX from Alabama, I was refer to her by my gastroenterology doctor and it’s been almost four years since I been seeing her for a medical condition that Dr.Izfar help me and my husband with. She found things wrong with me that other doctors I had seen could not find out for me. Dr. Izfar went above and beyond her
Hubbard in San Antonio, TX – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Dr. Izfar is by far one of the best doctors I have ever had! She takes her time in consulting me and offers alternatives as well as explaining every step of the procedures and what to expect and what to look out for. She has gone above and beyond in my care and has made my treatment a smooth ride. She has an amazing personality and bed side manner. I recommend Dr. Izfar to all my family and friends!
Kim with a K in san antonio, TX – Jun 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
I went to see Dr izfar for what was supposed to be a simple hemmorrhoid procedure. She ruined my body in my opinion. 4 procedures later, I am now suffering every single day because I chose Dr izfar. Despite her medical degree, it is my opinion this Dr should not be allowed to put her hands on a human being. I've never felt so violated and medically betrayed. Then her billing office sent me to collections despite monthly payments I made. It took a lawyer to fix issue.
San Antonio – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
It's been just one month since Dr. Izfar removed my diseased Sigmoid colon, and I feel completely healed and pain-free. There were no complications and no referred pain, which is a common, frequent complaint after abdominal robotic surgery, due to Dr. Izfar's high skill and use of a technique to allow complete extraction of CO2 gas from the abdomen. The results far exceeded my expectations. I am so grateful for her and her great staff.
Pam Burtch in San Antonio, TX – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Izfar about 4 years ago. Considering the nature of my health problem, I wanted to find a doctor that was knowledgeable, kind, caring, etc. From the get-go, I knew she was the doctor I needed! Everyone in her office are so friendly. She is a very competent surgeon, too. I have had to wait a longer amount of time than I expected, but it has been because of an emergency and hasn't happened very often.
Dianna Heinis in New Braunfels – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Dr. Izfar is one of the very best physicians I have seen. She is courteous, polite, easy to communicate with and very knowledgeable. All around an excellent physician..
W Gilmore in San Antonio, TX – Dec 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Fantastic surgeon great bedside manor takes time to listen to you and advises treatment options also saved my life when a doctor employed by the hospital I was at overode her orders for my treatment and I developed a sepsis infection and a secondary infection had it not been for her immediate actions l would have been dead in 24 hours I owe her for saving my life a debt I will never be able to repay
Anthony farris in San Antonio, TX – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
Dr. Izfar makes you feel at ease and comfortable despite the situation you may been in. Explains the procedure. The plus factor for Dr. Izfar is she listens to you and answers your questions at your level. Yes I would recommend Dr. Izfar to my family, friends and any others.
Anita Alcala in san antonio, tx – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
I love how comfortable Izfar makes a very uncomfortable situation. I'm not nervous anymore and her staff especially
New Braunfels, TX – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
very pleasant office clean staff friendly and welcoming. Dr. Izfar makes you feel at ease.
New Braunfels, TX – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
i tell every one how nice and kind she is so yes very likey
Debra Gilmore in San Antonio, TX – Nov 21, 2017
very pleased
Marie Gutierrez in San Antonio, TX – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?
I had a Colon Resection and I couldn't have chosen a better surgeon to be my doctor. She was caring and explained everything as well and answered all my questions. She was very down to earth and easy to talk with. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. -Guzman
Guzman in San Antonio – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Seema Izfar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Izfar?

• Colorectal Surgery