Dr. Seema Ahluwalia, MD

• Accountable Health Plans of America
  • Altec
  • American Family Insurance
  • American Republic
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Arizona Medical Network
  • Arizona PHCS
  • AZ Benefit Options
  • AZ Foundation Medical Care (AZFMC)
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Dr. Ahluwalia specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Chandler, AZ. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Ahluwalia? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ahluwalia's Experience

See how Dr. Ahluwalia's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahluwalia

Dr. Ahluwalia accepts 71 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ahluwalia has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ahluwalia's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahluwalia to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Ahluwalia's Performance
Tempe, AZ |
My experience has been a little different than others. The staff has been friendly, professional, and competent. I've never had to wait more than 30 mins to see the Dr. I'm usually in and out in no more than 1hr. Unfortunately, Dr. Ahluwalia is as socially inept as others described. However, her PA, Dr. Morris is amazing. He's very thorough. He makes sure I understand my test results, the diagnosis, and my treatment plan. He's also very sociable. I recommend seeing him instead of Dr. A.
Mesa, AZ |
I have pituitary issues as well as thyroid and para thyroid issues. The doctor would come into the exam room and ask me what my numbers were. Then get upset that I didn't take my blood sugar. I explained a few times. I DO Not have diabetes. Her reply: Then Why are you Here? REALLY! Does she Not check a chart before entering a room??
TEMPE |
The customer service I received from the staff was horrible!
in Tempe, AZ |
Very poor time management system. Always made to wait atleast an hour past the appointment time if one needs to Dr. Ahluwalia, and she barely spends a couple of minutes when she meets. Even when I had important questions on my health, she does not discuss and rushes you out. She literally said, lets walk out while we talk. Would not recommend her.
in Mesa, AZ |
I so hate this office. Rude, unprofessional, LATE!!!! they purposefully triple book then you see the PA who tries to speed through the visit because he is already behind the moment the doors open. Dr Seems doesn't come in til 0930 so we never get to see her is you cant come in later. They don't call with results even if its life or death like cancer. The staff is rude and horrible. I have no idea why they think they can treat people who are in true need this way.
in Chandler, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Ahluwalia was probably my worst experience with a medical provider in over 50 years. She overbooks patients as evidenced by her overflowing waiting room. I waited over 2 hours to then be escorted back to be seen by a nurse, then by a doctor in training (she had three doctors in training following her around that day!). She also took time to see pharmacy reps. It's clear to me she has little regard for patients.
Phoenix, AZ |
Every visit, I was taken back way past my apptmnt time, while missing work and pay. Much time was wasted with a med student. My last visit was 1.5 hours past apptmnt time and I had yet to see the Dr. I had to get back to work, so I left. I was sent a bill for the full amount of the Dr. visit. I called the office to request it be reduced, since I did not see the Dr., they said they would. Seems reasonable. I received a letter dropping me as a patient. V. Disrespectful. Expect a long wait!!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
Just wants more lab tests to get more money. Her personal assistant Jessica never replies to the phone calls. I needed a pre-approval on my lantus and the only reason that I got one was because I showed up at the office requesting to speak to Jessica. I informed her I was out of my meditations and needed the pre-approval to be finished.
in Chandler, AZ |
She does not care about her patients. She denied me an insulin pump because I did not order my test strips from her. She changed my dose 3 timed and never let me know when I saw her at the appointment. I only found out about the change because I logged onto the portal. I had a diabetic seizure and was in the hospital for 3 days because of this doctor I hope she loses her license.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
This doctor gives exactly zero craps about patients health and well being. She has the bedside manner of rabid wildebeest. The incompetent staff with absolutely no idea how to behave like a professional staff is the icing on the cake. Answering the front staff girl for 2 appointments weeks apart that no, I was not going to go out and get all drunk this weekend, but thanks for asking, was more than enough. Forced to go here because it is the only office my insurance accepts. If you can, go elsewh
Tempe, AZ |
I have been taking a certain medication for 10 years, and during the first appointment with her she said she doesn't prescribe it. She wouldn't give a reason, and was very hostile to me when I asked what the reason was. I just want to know the medical reasons behind changing my prescription when I haven't had any negative symptoms.
Have you seen Dr. Seema Ahluwalia, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahluwalia?

Dr. Ahluwalia's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Ahluwalia has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ahluwalia's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease

Graduated in 1990

University Of Southern California Hospital
    La County-Usc Medical Center

• Hindi

Dr. Ahluwalia does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahluwalia and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism