Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 44

Dr. Koga

Koga Neurosurgery

189 Greenbrier Blvd Ste C Covington, LA 70433

Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Covington, LA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Slidell Memorial Hospital and St. Tammany Health System. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Koga to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Koga with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at St. Tammany Health System.

Make an appointment at St. Tammany Health System today at (985) 273-5879.

These providers are on the medical staff of St. Tammany Health System.

Dr. Koga's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Koga

4.5

10.619469026548673%

Dr. Koga

I highly recommend Dr. Koga, Katherine (PA-C) and their entire team! I have been a satisfied patient of Dr. Koga's since early 2016, when he first started treating me for Degenerative Disk Disease & Cervical Myelopathy & Radiculopathy. Dr. Koga has completed two successful spinal fusion surgeries on me, one in Dec-2016, (Fusion of C5-C6) and most recently in Nov-2021, (Fusion of C3-C7). My wife and I especially appreciate Dr. Koga and Katherine (PA-C) taking the extra time to fully explain my prognosis, treatment options and post surgery progress. His entire team of professionals have been nothing but curtious and helpful. Most importantly, both of my surgeries provided me immediate relief from my extreme pain.
  • Long wait times
GC Johnson – Dec 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I could never recommend this surgeon.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga was incredible. Knowledgeable, sensitive, informative… I immediately felt at ease and felt confident in my receiving expert medical care. It’s rare to find a doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a specialist.
Tatiana – Jun 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I consulted Dr. Koga for a difficult medical problem. He took the time to explain in detail the options I have including not having surgery and answered all the questions I had. Very pleasant personality. I chose to have surgery at a later date and I am grateful that he explained the options in such a way that made it easier for me to make my mind up. An exceptional clinician. You will not be disappointed regardless of the decision you make, surgery or no surgery
Radu M – May 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I was diagnosed with an intracranial meningioma behind my left ear. Dr Koga and his staff were very professional and kind. Being told you have a brain tumor is terrifying, but they were able to inform me of my options in a way that comforted me. My family and I were able to ask as many questions as we needed to feel secure with the upcoming surgery and my recovery. I'm a 43 year old married woman with 2 teenage children, so it was also incredibly helpful being able to have the surgery performed so close to home. I was also pleased that Dr Koga not only removed the tumor completely, he did so in a way which resulted in quick healing with very little trauma or scarring. We've all been so pleased with my progress. You would never even know I had brain surgery only a month ago. Truly miraculous and we're so grateful for Dr Koga and his staff.
Nichole Ducros – Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Very nice and friendly doctor that took the time to sit down and go over your images discussing and showing in full detail what causing the problem and what needs to be done to prolong a good quality of life. He was the first doctor I’ve seen that has gone through imaging with me like that...most doctors just come in and tell you oh you have 3 bulging disc in your neck and this is whats wrong with your back never showing you even one image. Dr. Koga will show you on the imaging what’s wrong and where it’s at and let you know what he feels will give you the best relief and let you make your mind up on what you want to do. His assistant is also very nice, friendly and takes just as much time showing you your images and discussing what going on.
Julius Gaudet – Dec 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I could never recommend a doctor more highly. He and his team are so helpful and informative. He is a brilliant surgeon who can help a patient understand the procedure (which in my case was quite complicated). His team was very efficient in arranging all of the pre-op and post-op appointments. I would and already have recommended him to family and friends.
James Boyd – Dec 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga is an excellent surgeon. This was my 3rd surgery with him this time I had a fusion of L-3 and L-4 and he removed a cyst in my spinal canal that was compressing my nerves and my root nerve. For 3 years prior to the surgery, I had pain in my lower back that went around my hip and down the front of my right leg. Apparently, the cyst was causing the problem, one week following the surgery I am pain-free of the aforementioned pain. I have recommended him in the past and will continue to recommend him.
Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I couldn’t possibly explain what this surgery did for me. I am four weeks post surgery and am feeling so much better. I appreciate what Dr. Koga did for me. I had what is know as a Chiari malformation. For years I didn’t know what was happening to me, I just knew I couldn’t explain it and other physicians thought I was crazy. Dr. Koga did not waste any time. After he found out what was wrong and suggested surgery, I knew it had to be done. I have heard horrible stories about what happens when Chiari goes undetected. I’m just grateful that for the first time someone understood my pain. He is an amazing doctor and he has an awesome staff.
Kimberly Cosey Watts – Oct 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I had a microdiskectomy with dr koga. After 3 months of pain at a level 10 or higher, dr koga got me out of pain with an outpatient surgery. His staff is amazing! They were all so friendly. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Oct 09, 2020
5 stars and something Very knowledgeable
V gorbunov – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga performed a triple laminectomy on my lower spine and three months later he replaced my C-5 disc in my neck with a Titanium disc. Both surgeries were a complete success with no side effects. I had seen 4 neurosurgeons prior to meeting with Dr. Koga the 4 other surgeons wanted to put rods and cages in my neck but Dr. Koga recommended the Titanium disc which was the best solution. After just 2 weeks it was like new, no collars to wear, no fusions, and no scars. It has been a couple of years since the surgeries and everything is fine no pain and I have to stop and think that I ever had those two surgeries. Dr. Koga is the best neurosurgeon and I highly recommend him.
Joseph Eugene Martin – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga performed two surgeries on me the first was a triple laminectomy on my lower back with no fusions, wires or cages it was a complete success. Three months later he removed my C-5 disc and replaced it with a titanium disc. Both of these surgeries were performed in 2015 and have been successful with no problems. I highly recommend him as a great neurosurgeon. He is a perfectionist and some of the lazy nurses that work with him complain about him because they want to do short cuts. I would rather have a perfectionist surgeon than a lazy nurse.
Joseph Martin – Oct 03, 2019
So glad to hear it! Thank you for taking the time...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I was diagnosed with a brain bleed. I was assigned to Dr. Koga at the ER. Saw Dr. Koga on 7/3/19. He said he wouldn't know if I had cancer unless he performed brain surgery. He scheduled it for 8/13/19. After completing MRI, chest x-ray, EKG, blood test for surgery and clearance from my regular doctor, I called the office to let them know. I was told Dr, Koga's nurse would call me back. I never heard back from her. On the second day, I never heard from anyone again. I personally went to his office to deliver information. His nurse informed us Dr. Koga would not be able to do surgery on 8/13/19. There were various excuses given, such as personal days, busy, etc. The office manager called the next day and said he couldn't operate until September. Never heard back . Thank GOD, I went to a different neurosurgeon. He could tell I didn't have cancer from MRI's, CT scans. No surgery necessary. My new neurosurgeon was great. I hope this helps someone else avoid unnecessary surgery
Gerald Abney – Sep 09, 2019
Hi, we're very concerned to hear about this...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga on our first visit showed us the MRI with the tumor. Explained the craniotomy procedure in words that we could understand. Dr. Koga was very confident in a full recovery. He was right. Great Great Neurosurgeon with a pleasant personality. The St Tammany Hospital Neurosciences Unit gave excellent care after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Koga and St Tammany Hospital. Thank you Dr. Koga!f
Benny in Slidell, LA – Aug 02, 2019
Thank you for your wonderful comments and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
Dr. Koga and his office staff are beyond outstanding!!!!!!!! His skill, concern for me as a patient, as well as his concern for my family are second to none! I recommend him with no reservation! Even when delivering not so great news, he was kind and respectful, educational, encouraging, resourceful (provided all the info I need for next steps). I could not have asked for greater care than from St. Tammany Regional Hospital and Dr. Koga. He is appropriately respected by staff at STRH as well as Ochsner....and may find out about Touro if this treatment includes GammaKnife. My family and I are grateful to have been placed in his capable hands.
Debbie Arceneaux in Kenner, LA – Jun 06, 2019
Dr. Koga's Reply –
Awesome, thanks for the positive review!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
In February I was diagnosed with a large pituitary adenoma and was referred to Dr. Koga. I was seen by him the following day. My plan of care was discussed and surgery was scheduled. Dr. Koga and his care team scheduled all of the preliminary testing needed prior to surgery. The process could not have been easier and I felt confident in every step of the process. My adenoma was large. It had grown so large that it had distorted the optic nerve in my left eye. I was essentially blind in that eye. In the two months since surgery my vision has greatly improved and is expected to continue to recover. It was a relief to find excellent care in this area and not being burdened with traveling out of the community for care. Dr. Koga and his team provided great care to me. I highly recommend Dr. Koga for your care.
Norman Armstrong in Folsom, LA – May 25, 2019
Hello Norman, thanks for taking the time to leave...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I live and work on the Northshore. Luckily I was referred to DR. Koga by one of his partners at the clinic. I was diagnosed w/ a rare meningioma growing on the optic nerve, which leads to blindness. I was very fearful. I had the non-invasive gamma knife radiosurgery performed and the results are excellent. Tumor growth stopped and vision improved greatly. Dr. Koga and staff were true professionals, and I am very grateful.
Covington – Apr 11, 2019
So glad to hear that you had a positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I was very lucky to have gotten Dr. Koga. He is an excellent doctor and very caring. It was in an emergency that he was referred to us so we did not have a choice , but fate stepped in. Tumors were found in the brain. He came in and took control of the situation and transferred me to one of his hospitals (St. Tammany) where I received expert & gracious care. He really has the best staff working with him. Thanks Dr. Koga!
M. Resor in Slidell, LA – Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?
I had an AVM aneurysm rupture in my brain at 15 years old. I have been looking for a doctor that specializes in the treatment of AVMs for 5 years and just recently found Dr. Koga. I've seen many neurologists, but Dr. Koga is by far my favorite. He explained everything to me in a way that I could understand and was very personable. I feel like I've finally found a doctor that can help me that I also trust. I'm so relieved and glad I found Dr. Koga. Thank you so much!
Megan D in baton rouge, LA – Mar 23, 2019
Hello Megan, thanks for taking the time to leave...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sebastian Koga, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Koga?
Provider explaining information to patient