Dr. Sean Sukal, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 47

Sukal Skin Institute

2900 N Military Trl Ste 100 Boca Raton, FL 33431

Dr. Sean Sukal, MD is a Dermatologist in Boca Raton, FL and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Sukal has more experience with Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Dermatologic Care than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Yeshiva U, College of Medicine medical school in 2002. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Sukal to book an appointment.

Dr. Sukal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sukal

2.5

Dr. Sukal?
Terrible! My son waited 1.5 hours and never saw the dr. I called the week before explaining what my son needed, yet they did not understand, according to my son. Eventually, my son left. I called the next day, and they said we will call you to set up another appt No one ever called. They said they called my husband to ask about my son-no one called him. Similar situation with my brother-he waited 2 hours, and when asked for a body check, was told that’s for the next appointment. I guess this office is so busy, they do not care how they treat you.
N/A – Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Finally ! A Dr with with outstanding ethical practices and a soul. Dr . Sukal treated my dad(97) with respect , caring and most importantly compassion. He could have given him extensive treatments, but instead rightfully chose to do the least invasive treatments available due to significant underlying medical issues . I recommend him highly. Mindy Jaffe Rogers
Mindy Jaffe Rogers – Jun 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Recently had dinner with a friend who mentioned a horrible experience with a dermatologist and his staff. I said, I had the same experience with a local dermatologist as well... and we both said Dr. Sukals name at the same time. We are both in the healthcare profession and will NEVER go back to his office. Do yourself a favor and find another dermatologist.
East Boca – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Excellent Doctor, very knowledgeable wonderful hands my mother nose look amazing after surgery no need for plastic surgeon, the staff is wonderful very helpful, karen is the best she really knows how to handle all your questions , the front desk very nice the office is super nice . We’ll be returning in summer and I’ll recommend Dr. sukal to my family and friends..
Dec 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Dr. Sukul has excellent credentials is highly trained. I've been a patient of his for 6 years and I've always I've been given first-rate medical care. I've never had any issues for the front desk or being taken on time. I have the full body exam every 3 months is extremely thorough . I have had various items removed and biopsied and one large benign cyst remove all without any incident
Dr Gregg Miller – Nov 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
The negative reviews scared me but primary Dr told me he sends all his family members there so I went. The front desk is unfortunately not the best but Dr Sukal is an excellent dermatologist. I'd left a basal cell cancer on my nose so long it had grown very deep. Dr Sukal removed all the cancer from the skin but couldn't guarantee it hadn't invaded nearby structures so referred me for radiation. I could have asked for a plastic surgeon but knowing he is a Fellowship certified mohs surgeon I trusted him to do the reconstruction on the huge hole in my nose and he did a 1 step reiger graft with such an awesome result I have given my permission to use my case for teaching. He also offered fraxal laser treatment for even better result when radiation side effects are gone at no charge. He was never rude but is bluntly honest which personally I much prefer to reassuring lies. His nurse Lenora was so kind and compassionate she made it all easier. I highly recommend him.
Christine N – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
All of the negative comments are true. There was a time when Dr. S. was amazing. A brilliant diagnostics and a gifted surgeon. But even then he was sekf-centered, rude, and often threw people out of his office, even calling the police. Then, when I had a melanoma on my leg, he performed the surgery and graft in his office. It healed well at first, but became infected. Nobody in the office seemed to know what to do about it. I returned for multiple visits and sat in his waiting room for hours, waiting to be seen, while he threw patients out, calling the police, and laughing about it. All the while, fluid was pouring from my infected leg, and I kept mopping the floor with paper towels. Had to be hospitalized to save my leg and had to wear a PIC line for weeks to clear the infection. Dr. S. remained supremely uninvolved. When I switch to a new derm Dr. S. refused to release my records. The new dr said that was typical of him. I got the records at great expense. Grateful to have survived.
Former patient in Boynton Beach, FL – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
After coming to Dr. Sukal for over 15 years I have decided never to go back. I'm due for Moh's surgery and my son has stitches but I refuse to go back to see Dr. Sukal. i will find a new Dr. It's pretty clear he no longer cares or has any regard for his patients. The billing dept. is incapable of properly billing. We have paid a bill and had to call for 5 months and send copies of checks before it was cleared up. The staff are beyond miserable, recent issue I made 3 appointments IN Person. Well my husband lost two hours of work yesterday when he went for his appointment and was told he didn't have one. Mind you I made this while in the office. They didn't even attempt to fit him in, Said he could see Lori who's not on our insurance and who is not who we had the appointment with. Receptionist said alot of people come in and say they have an appointment when they don't. Well that was the last straw. Three appointments were made in person as they never return phone calls when you leav
B. Ahern – Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Sukal's for over 10 years, but have sadly noticed a dramatic decline in the level of care the past two years and will not be going back. The front desk treat you like you're an annoying intrusion, you MUST pay your copay PRIOR to seeing the doctor and Dr. Sukal dashes in and out so fast you have no chance to discuss concerns or ask questions. He also brings you back for procedures that could be done at the same appointment, i.e. an excision and freezing in totally different areas. Plus an excision he performed got infected (he said the inside stitches didn't dissolve) and I was charged the full copay again to lance it & clean it out – money, money, money. Unbelievably now 5 months later, the same incision has still not healed, but will not be returning to Dr. Sukal & will hopefully find a more patient oriented dermatologist. He used to be the best, makes me sad.
Jeanne in Boca Raton – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Office has absolutely no concern for patients. It’s all about the staff and money. Overbooked for staff convenience and made me wait an hour and a half for a seven minute procedure. Then I had to return next day for identical treatment because I was told insurance doesn’t allow two treatments on same day. I do billing and know they just pay less for two modalities in one visit. So I spent 2 hours twice for his extra income. Horrible staff arrived 5 min past opening time then fixed breakfast.
Mar 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
First appt. for a skin inventory seemed very quick. Next appt. was for a facial problem. When I turned up the office staff did not know that person had not arrived and let me sit there for a half-hour. 3rd visit for a scalp problem did not even see the doctor, only his assistant. She needed 2 biopsies because the first was inconclusive. Then put me on drops for over a month with no improvement. Finally went to another doctor who immediately gave me injections. WORST medic.experiences ever
msk in Boca Raton – Jan 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Like a butcher. Littlle regard for age or condition dollar motivated.
Jules wang in Boca Raton, FL – Oct 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Dr. Sukal is extremely well-trained highly competent dermatologist Mohs surgeon. I found them to be extremely thorough I have the great sense of humor. I feel very confident and using him as my primary dermatologist
Gregg in Boca Raton – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
They have a horrible billing/claims team. I missed 2 deadlines to get my medication and had to wait an extra 30 days. They are always confused about the time of the appointments and hang up the phone on your face when they are "too busy" to help you.
Roberta Brown in Boca Raton, FL – May 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Dr Sukal is excellent HOWEVER the front staff are extremely arrogant. They cancel appointments without so much as a notification until you show up. They lie and say you never had the appointment. They cancelled a surgical procedure the same day claiming we never had the appointment and it was rescheduled. Claiming they don't have the authorization number even as I'm reading it to them. What a shame that they can treat patients with such disrespect and not be held accountable. Sorry Doc no more.
Jonathan in Boca Raton – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
There are two separate issues. One, the doctor is talented. However, the management of the office is among the worst I have ever seen. The waiting room is often packed, and an hour long wait is not unusual. I observed the office management staff argue with and scream at patients who complained about the long wait. They overbook appointments and then the doc rushes through. Insurance billing is a mess, they took forever to bill mine - way behind. Conclusion: sloppy management ruins a good doc.
Boca Raton, FL – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Dr. Sukal is excellent in what he does. After performing Mohs surgery on my eyebrow, no one would even know I had it done. I trust him and believe that he is extremely caring.
Sharon Johnson in Lake Worth, FL – Nov 03, 2016
Awful
Judy W. in Boca Raton, FL – Sep 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
Dr. Sukal is a competent dermatologist, however, I do not recommend having any cosmetic procedures done by his office. His has an assistant who performs laser procedures, including CoolSculpt. She is incompetent rude and a liar. I don't know if she does any other procedures, but I wouldn't trust his office at all.
Boynton Beach, FL – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?
The worst experience. This was my first visit to this doctor. Would never recommend this dermatologist. Our visit ended up with the police.
Austin in Boca Raton, FL – Jul 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sukal?

• Dermatology

2002
Yeshiva U, College of Medicine

What other Dermatologists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dermatologists.

What are Dr. Sean Sukal, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Sukal frequently treats Mohs Surgery, Dermatologic Oncology, and Dermatologic Care. See all practice areas where Dr. Sukal specializes.

Where is Dr. Sean Sukal, MD's office located?

Dr. Sukal's office is located at 2900 N Military Trl Ste 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Sean Sukal, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Sukal has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Sean Sukal, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Sukal

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Sukal treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Sukal treats other conditions, please contact the office at (561) 245-8877.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Sukal typically treats 81% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Surgery
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

Dermatologic Oncology

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Dermatologic Oncology specialists.

Dr. Sukal typically treats 87% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Carcinoma in Situ of Skin
Excision of Skin Cancer

Dermatologic Care

Dermatologists diagnose, treat and screen for conditions affecting the skin, including skin cancer, psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, and hair loss.Compare with other Dermatologic Care specialists.

Dr. Sukal typically treats 83% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 30 conditions and procedures

Skin Infections
Excision of Benign Skin Lesion
Warts

Cosmetic Dermatology

Cosmetic dermatologists diagnose and treat condition of the skin that affect appearance, such as age spots, wrinkles, unwanted hair, and acne scars.Compare with other Cosmetic Dermatology specialists.

Dr. Sukal typically treats 85% more often than similar doctors

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Ulcer
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Dr. Sukal accepts

Dr. Sukal accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO