Dr. Sean Rockett, MD

Sports MedicineMaleAge 54

Sports Medicine

Dr. Sean Rockett, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Natick, MA and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tufts University School Of Medicine in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Leonard Morse Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Sean Rockett, MD

313 Speen St Natick, MA 01760
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sports Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Rockett treats your condition or procedure

• Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Work-Related Injuries
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Sprain or Strain

Dr. Rockett accepts

Dr. Rockett accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Rockett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rockett

Dr. Rockett

Exceptional experience
I can't imagine a procedure going any smoother than my recent knee surgery. Thanks to Dr. Rockett for his expertise in restoring my pain-free mobility. His pre-op information was right on the money with my post-op recovery. In fact, I experienced virtually no pain the evening after the procedure. I never needed to take a pain med and was up and walking without crutches a day or so later. My only regret is that I didn't have the surgery earlier! In addition, the office staff could not have been more considerate and efficient. I barely waited a minute or so prior to an appointment. The DMV should learn how a well-run office operates from these professionals! Lastly, the operating facility is immaculate, spacious, and very conveniently located. Like Dr. Rockett and the office staff, the surgical staff is equally worthy of praise for their kindness and care. An overall exceptional medical experience!
Bill R. – Jul 23, 2022
Left Hip Replacement
After a long period of pain and alternative treatments I finally decided to put my fear aside and move forward with a hip replacement. Dr. Rockett and his staff explained the procedure fully. I opted for day surgery, went in to the hospital at 7 am was back home at 4:30 pm. I was shocked at how manageable my discomfort was. After 10 days I was walking without any crutch and had no need for any meds . All I can say is that I wish I had my surgery sooner. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett and the staff at Orthopedics New England.
Mary Anne C. – Jun 09, 2022
Left Hip Replacement
Sean Rockett is very carrying, listening, calm, very knowledgeable. He feels like you are the most important person for him. I am 62 years old, almost played professional tennis once. Now teaching instead, been on the court for over 50 years, so of course my hip had arthritis and bone top bone. He gave me different options, but in my case it was clear I needed a new hip. Now 9 weeks after the surgery I feel like it is still y normal hip on the left side...amazing surgery. The best I describe this excellent guy is that you feel a lot of TRUST seeing him and talking to him at the first appointment. You get the feel right away that you are in good hands. I give him my very best recommendations. Anders Lundberg
Anders Lundberg – May 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Amazing Doctor- Definately see him !
Dr. Rockett reviewed the xrays and MRI of my shoulder injury and determined I had a massive tear of my rotor cuff as well as a tear to my bicep tendon. Due to the extent of my injury and atrophy of the affected tendons he told me surgery was going to be very chalenging and that he was not sure it would be 100 % successful. He was honest and candid that if I did not follow my physical therapy regimen diligently and at home excercises that I would not have a second chance for a surgical repair. He did an amazing job and my repairs were 100 % successful! I have regained mobility and continue to pursue physical therapy and at home excercises & strengthening routines. At my last visit with Dr. Rockett he was honest that he was not sure I would heal so well, and was very pleased he could help me. I cannot stress enough that Dr. Rockett is an accomplished surgeon who is honest, straighforward and has an impeccable record of handing difficult cases like mine. See him for a consult!
Lea J Norton – Apr 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
It was my first total joint replacement and I was provided with ample information on what to expect. The care I received from surgeon to nurses, pre and post op care with PA’s and PT were top notch.
Apr 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I recently had a second total hip replacement with Dr. Rockett. Both of my hip replacements went very smoothly with quick recoveries and great results. It is wonderful to be able to walk pain free! I could not be happier with the treatment I received from Dr. Rockett and his team and would definitely recommend Dr. Rockett to friends and family.
Beverly Moore – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I always KOW what's going on !
Dr. Rockett is one of the best communicators I've ever worked with. He explains things clearly and concisely. He is constantly asking you if you have any questions about what's he's explaining and is very patient with you. I am very pleased with the care I received for my total knee replacement. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Rockett to anyone !
Jiggs Gentry – Mar 25, 2022
2 for 2!
In January 2021, Dr. Rockett operated on my right shoulder and biceps tendon. I had tears in my rotator cuff and my biceps tendon had detached. Dr. Rockett supported my return to CrossFit a week after my surgery as long as I kept wearing my brace and didn't put any stress on my right arm. Between the great work Dr. Rockett did along with the PT exercises I did every day, my right arm has healed 100% and I have full strength and ROM. In December 2021, as I was moving wet laundry from washer to dryer, my left biceps tendon snapped. Dr. Rockett's staff worked diligently to get me in for tenodesis surgery right after the holidays. I am now 10 weeks post-op and once again, between Dr. Rocket, me getting to the gym right after surgery as well as PT, my left arm feels great. I have no pain in my shoulders and arms. Before I met Dr. Rockett, other surgeons discouraged me from returning to CrossFit and did not support quick return to the gym. Dr. Rockett proved them wrong!
Donna Collins-Mann – Mar 12, 2022
Highly recommend Dr Rockett
My right hip looked like mashed potatoes on the X-ray, could barely walk w a cane for almost 4 months. Dr. Rockett gave me a sense of calm because I have never been operated on before as a 63 year old. The operation took place at the Natick Surgical Ctr (5 stars) and started at 8:30AM then after some PT and a walk I was back home at 5PM on Cape Cod. Dr Rockett is a superior surgeon and I’m thankful my General practitioner recommended him to me. I was driving after 8 days and it’s now been two months and I’m walking perfectly upright 2+ miles a day. He has literally changed my life. Can’t thanks Dr. Rockett enough, outstanding surgeon
Coach Skip Bandini – Feb 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
My hip replacement procedure went perfectly - from the initial preparation through surgery and post-operative care.
David Bernstein – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett repaired the rotator cuff in my left shoulder which was torn in a bad fall three months earlier. During the surgery, Dr. Rockett discovered torn cartilege and a bone spur which he also repaired. Four months after the surgery, the results have been excellent. I'm still getting PT to strengthen the muscles, and expect to soon be back to doing regular push-ups. The three months of elapsed time between the injury and the surgery occurred because the emergency room doctor and later my PCP told me that the shoulder would be OK. About two months after the injury when my shoulder was much worse, my PCP diagnosed frozen shoulder and gave me a prescription for PT. The physical therapist disagreed with the diagnosis, and suggested that I see a specialist. I immediately thought of Dr. Rockett who had repaired the rotator cuff in my right shoulder with excellent results seven years earlier. I could have saved two months by going to Dr. Rockett in the first place!
John P, Sudbury – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
performed a extra procedure I did not ask for that made my condition significantly worse than before
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oct 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I had hip replacement surgery a little over a year ago and I wish I had done it sooner. Dr. Rockett was fantastic and he really cares about his patients.
G. Creely – Sep 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett has performed bicep tenodesis repairs on both my right and left shoulders, the right side in 2019, and most recently, the left side in April of 2021. He also cleaned/repaired up the rotator cuff and other issues at the same time in each case. Both sets of surgeries went extremely well. Just 4 months after the left side surgery, I am 1 month ahead of expectations, having acheived essentially full range of motion as noted by Dr. Rockett and physical therapist, Jeff Reissman, at Rebound Physical Therapy. We are currently focusing on regaining full strength, which is also appears to be fully on track to equal the results acheived on the right side. I absolutely recommend and thank both Dr. Rockett for the compocation-free surgeries and Rebound PT for great follow-up results.
Kevin B. - Natick, MA – Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I had extensive shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Rocket on 4 22 of this year it went FAntastic with minimal pain and free of complications would highly recommend Dr SEAN ROCKETT for ur orthopedic nds to anyone and KUDOS to a wonderful And caring STAFF
James Dervishian – Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I had an unusual fall in early January 2021 that ruptured my quadricep tendon. I contacted Dr. Rockett, was seen the next day and had MRI to confirm. The following day, my wife and I had a Facetime call to talk about the surgery and what to expect. Dr. Rockett answered all questions and concerns and spent a good amount of time with us. My wife and I felt comfortable and confident with Dr. Rockett. Surgery went well. Dr. Rockett had great bed side manners after surgery and was very good at the post visits to make sure my progress was doing well. His staff was also wonderful by making me comfortable at the visits and the waiting time was less than 5 minute. The healing process takes at least 8-12 months to get back to a best normal. Dr. Rockett did an excellent surgery as I believe I will be back to work full duty in about 7 months. I would recommend Dr. Rockett with great confidence and trust.
Law Enforcement Officer – Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Had my right hip replaced by Doctor Rockett and while no surgery is regarded as pleasant, Dr. Rockett made the experience remarkably easy. Still in the recovery phase, but looking forward to normal activities in the near future.
Robert I Lyman – May 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I had my hip replaced by Dr. Rockett and I was impressed with how professional the experience was as well as how quickly i felt better. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone in need of an orthopedic surgeon. His staff was friendly and helpful as well.
Nick Tambascio – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
If I could rate Dr. Rockett with 10 stars, I would. He is remarkably skilled, caring, gentle & calming. He was my 2nd opinion several years ago & was able to repair the 3 torn rotator cuff muscles in my shoulder. This week, he repaired torn meniscus in my knee. Also, the staff at New England Ortho in Natick are always wonderful ~ caring & efficient. The staff at the new Surgical Suite, Natick were outstanding ~ efficient, caring & engaging. I highly recommend Dr. Rockett & am very grateful for the work that he does.
Lillian Breen – Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Day 2 after surgery and already feeling better then before, was called to check on me by the nurse and dr rockett himself. I would trust dr rockett with any shoulder issues that arise
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rockett?