Dr. Sean Rockett, MD

Dr. Rockett
Telehealth services available

Orthopedics New England

2000 Washington St Ste 322 Newton, MA 02462

Dr. Sean Rockett, MD is a Sports Medicine Specialist in Newton, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Leonard Morse Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rockett to book an appointment.

Dr. Rockett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rockett

4.4

Dr. Rockett?
A had a full knee replacement at age 50 performed by Dr Rockett eight months ago. I can not recommend his services enough. I tell everyone who is considering such surgery to look no further for a surgeon. Being young for this type of surgery I went looking for a doctor who was known for working with young people. Buy did I find the right guy. The more digging into his reputation the better it gets. He's from a family of eminent physicians, has an amazing track record of success, and his clients often go on to run the Boston Marathon. Only eight months after surgery I no longer live in pain, I hardly think of having any problem with my knee ever, and I have accepted my new knee as part of the old me. I only think about it when it clicks sometimes and I'm like, "Oh Hatty yeah. That's a replacement knee." Seriously, Dr Sean Rockett is a champion and hero in the orthopedic community. Google him on youtube and elsewhere. You will find lots of positive reviews. He changed my life dramatical
John Mernick (50) – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Over the last ten years, I've been under Dr. Rockett's knife twice for injuries, and both surgeries were a roaring success leaving me feeling better and stronger than I have since my 20's. Just yesterday I was in for a consultation with one of his PA's after an ER visit for a damaged knee. Mina was unbelievably attentive and thorough, and totally worked around my restrictions and schedule to give me the best, most efficient care possible. I was also given a new brace to replace the debilitating monster that I'd been given at my ER visit. As if that wasn't enough? The ladies at the front desk managed to schedule a NEXT DAY MRI for me at BWH in Foxboro and a follow-up appointment with Dr. Rockett himself in a couple of days! Couldn't help but notice one negative review on this page. To that person, I would say that perhaps a personal attitude adjustment might be in order. Dr. Rockett and his entire staff, for me, have never failed to display exemplary competence and compassion.
Jules Jehu – Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Stay away from this provider until he replaces his front-office staff. Dr. Rockett is a nice man and a fine doctor, but you won't get his help without going through some of the worst staff I've encountered. The sullen, dark-haired woman at the front hardly looks up from her computer; when she can't avoid you any more, her blank expression conveys only how uninterested she is in being of any help. I arrived for an 11:00 appointment and was told "We rescheduled it to 8:00 AM. You missed it." "I don't understand what you're saying," I tried. "I have an appointment at 11:00." "It was rescheduled. You missed it." "That doesn't mean anything," I tried again. "You can't change the time without telling me." At this point a blonde-haired woman, also staring into her computer, managed to crane her head around for a second. "I sent you a text," she said, turning around again. "I left a message." And that was it. Seriously, find someone else.
Jul 19, 2019
We are very sorry that you did not receive the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett treated my son for a shoulder injury. He has great skill and manner. We started conservatively, but ultimately decided on surgery. He was recommended to me by a retired orthopedic surgeon, and I would recommend him highly to anyone--young or old.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett replaced both of my knees and I am doing very well now. My wife had her hip replaced by him and she is doing very well now, too. I highly recommend him to anybody that needs orthopedic work.
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
We first met Dr. Rockett when my husband needed a new hip. Shortly thereafter I became Dr. Rockett's patient for a total knee replacement. From the very first appointment we liked Dr. Rockett and found him and his staff to be professional, informative and easy to work with. Both of our surgeries were highly successful. Both my husband and I highly recommend Dr. Rockett if you are considering a new knee or hip...Simply the best!!
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett is a warm, friendly, kind man who is patient and definitely has a sense of humor. He did an amazing job surgically replacing my husbands knee and will soon perform surgery on the other one. We are very grateful to have found Dr. Rockett and would highly recommend him to anyone.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I meant to leave a five star review the first time! Sorry about that Dr.Rockett.
Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Awesome doctor - low key but excellent attention to the patient and details.
Mike C – Dec 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
My son had a sports related shoulder injury that required surgery. Dr. Rockett fit us in asap as my son was anxious to have the surgery. Dr. Rockett did a phenomenal job with the surgery and following his plan for post op care, my son was healthy a month and a half ahead of schedule and ready for baseball tryouts. He ended that season being awarded pitcher of the year and even threw a no hitter for his HS team. He feels stronger than ever now. Dr. Rockett is the best!
Medway, MA – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Outstanding. Dr. Rockett was professional, explained in detail surgical procedure and recovery, and answered any questions. His post surgery appointments were top notch and worked well with PT office.
Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Handled complex rotator cuff/ tendon repair beautifully. No surprises due to complete explanation of the MRI.
Oct 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
After a catastrophic fall, I got referred to New England Ortho and Sean Rockett by multiple people. They were able to squeeze me in for a consult and I had surgery 48 hours later! The follow up with PA, and Dr. Rockett has been terrific. Thorough, professional, competent staff able and willing to answer all of my questions. My healing is ahead of schedule, been told by others the incision looks fantastic, couldn't be happier with my choice and since then have found others who felt the same.
Jane Karpacz in MA – Aug 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I work in Road Construction and injured my knee at work at one of the busiest times of our season. I called Dr. Rockett's office and spoke to Kathy, who was awesome, and got in for an appointment earlier than I ever expected. I met with Dr. Rockett and he discussed the procedure and booked the surgery. Needless to say, the surgery went very well and I only missed a limited time away from work. Thank You Dr. Rockett and Staff!
Kevin C. in natick, MA – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I was told to come in at 2:45 for an X-ray. I arrived at 2:35. The imaging department then said it would be done in the doctor’s office. So I then went to the office for my 3:00 appointment. I was placed in an exam room. I sat there for over an hour. No one came in to tell me the doctor was running late. Dr. Rockett did apologize when he finally came into the room. A CT scan was to be scheduled. Two weeks later it has not been scheduled. I have gone to another doctor.
Richard Jackson – Aug 10, 2018
Dear Mr. Jackson, thank you for your input, I am...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
He had an excellent bed side manners, kind, reassuring to my mom! Top notch Dr. I researched his credentials and he was everything they said and more! Glad God guided us in the right direction!
Buzzards Bay Ma – Apr 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
It is my pleasure to recommend Dr. Sean Rockett. He repaired a tear in the rotator cuff, removed bursitis and repaired the condition called Frozen Shoulder. I was impressed with his bright, calm demeanor which put me right at ease. I was in a lot of pain and nervous to have surgery and put off dealing with it. Dr Rockett explained so concisely why I had to have the surgery and allowed me to feel confident the end results would be the best decision. It was! He is simply the best. Nancy Keast
Nancy L Keast in Natick, MA – Oct 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Dr. Rockett is an amazing Surgeon! I saw him 2016 for a hip replcmnt. I was terrified but he was calm, caring and gentle (also funny!) I saw surgeons prior but didn't feel comfortable w/ them, (esp. "chief" of Ortho at MGH rude, insulting pompous ___, apparently $ trumps manners with him, a shame. But, Everything happens for a reason, I wouldn't have found Dr. Rockett! Less than a wk after surgery I felt great! 10 wks after I walked in his office wearing high heels! Love him, I HIGHLY recomnd!
Rhonda P. in P, MA – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I can not say enough about Dr Rockett and his staff, especially Mina his PA. He was able to diagnose and repair my shoulder after two previous surgeries by another doctor. He answered all my questions before and after my surgery and his bedside manner the day of my surgery was more than I could've ever expected, I saw him twice before and twice after my surgery and he called my love one and visited him in the waiting room to let him know I was ok. I have & will continue to recommend Dr Rockett
Dartmouth, MA – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
I came to dr rockett as a 31 yo male for a second opinion because a previous surgeon recommended permanent disability. Not only did Dr Rockett fix me, it actually was an easy experience to deal with. If there was a 6 star option, I'd give him 6 stars. Thank you so much for making me normal again.
Anthony C in Wrentham ma – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rockett?

The goal of our practice is to foster an atmosphere where every patient feels comfortable and to ensure complete satisfaction by addressing patient concerns in a thorough, expeditious, professional and compassionate manner.

• Sports Medicine