Dr. Sean Rockett, MD

Dr. Sean Rockett, MD

Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Sean Rockett, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Newton, MA. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Rockett is affiliated with New England Baptist Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital, MetroWest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital and Newton - Wellesley Hospital.

2000 Washington St Ste 322

Newton, MA 02462

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Rockett

Dr. Rockett's Experience

Dr. Rockett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Rockett "The goal of our practice is to foster an atmosphere where every patient feels comfortable and to ensure complete satisfaction by addressing patient concerns in a thorough, expeditious, professional and compassionate manner."

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Ligament Sprain

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Joint Replacement

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Tufts University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Tufts University School Med/tufts Ne Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

• COMPASSIONATE DOCTOR RECOGNITION, 2010
  • CASTLE CONNOLLY BOSTON'S TOP DOCTOR AWARD, 2009
  • PATIENT'S CHOICE AWARD, 2010

Dr. Rockett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rockett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rockett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rockett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rockett to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Rockett Says:

A patient s recommendation is the highest compliment. Thank you for your recommendations and for trusting your health and the health of your family or friends to our practice.

Dr. Rockett's Performance
in Natick, MA |
It is my pleasure to recommend Dr. Sean Rockett. He repaired a tear in the rotator cuff, removed bursitis and repaired the condition called Frozen Shoulder. I was impressed with his bright, calm demeanor which put me right at ease. I was in a lot of pain and nervous to have surgery and put off dealing with it. Dr Rockett explained so concisely why I had to have the surgery and allowed me to feel confident the end results would be the best decision. It was! He is simply the best. Nancy Keast
in P, MA |
Dr. Rockett is an amazing Surgeon! I saw him 2016 for a hip replcmnt. I was terrified but he was calm, caring and gentle (also funny!) I saw surgeons prior but didn't feel comfortable w/ them, (esp. "chief" of Ortho at MGH rude, insulting pompous ___, apparently $ trumps manners with him, a shame. But, Everything happens for a reason, I wouldn't have found Dr. Rockett! Less than a wk after surgery I felt great! 10 wks after I walked in his office wearing high heels! Love him, I HIGHLY recomnd!
Dartmouth, MA |
I can not say enough about Dr Rockett and his staff, especially Mina his PA. He was able to diagnose and repair my shoulder after two previous surgeries by another doctor. He answered all my questions before and after my surgery and his bedside manner the day of my surgery was more than I could've ever expected, I saw him twice before and twice after my surgery and he called my love one and visited him in the waiting room to let him know I was ok. I have & will continue to recommend Dr Rockett
in Wrentham ma |
I came to dr rockett as a 31 yo male for a second opinion because a previous surgeon recommended permanent disability. Not only did Dr Rockett fix me, it actually was an easy experience to deal with. If there was a 6 star option, I'd give him 6 stars. Thank you so much for making me normal again.
in Framingham, MA |
Dr. Rockett performed a total hip replacement for me on November 1st, 2016 with outstanding success. I had severe, painful, debilitating, degenerative arthritis in my right hip. For over a year, walking any distance was virtually impossible. Without exaggeration, the replacement restored my normal, active lifestyle and I am very grateful. Though major surgery is never easy, the overall experience was exceptionally positive.
in Hopkinton, MA |
Dr. Rockett performed surgery to repair my broken clavicle as a result of a bicycle crash. His expertise, compassion, and timeliness resulted in an excellent outcome! His demeanor and pre-op discussions put me very much at ease. He was able to schedule my surgery within days of the first consult and answered all my questions without rushing. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic services.
in Abington, MA |
I cannot recommend Dr. Rockett any more than I do. The entire experience with him and his staff has been fantastic. I have been working with shoulder pain for many (10+) years. In the past 2, I started CrossFit, but the pain was limiting. Dr Rockett accurately found, during a 2nd opinion, my problems. He performed Distal Clavicle Excision and Biceps Tenodesis. I am healing so well and have returned to sport, which was a main factor in seeing him. He understands athletes. So happy; Great Work!
in Westborough, MA |
Dr. Rockett recently performed left knee replacement surgery on me. He had also replaced my right knee five years earlier. This review is long overdue, of course. All of the pre-ops, operations, recoveries and follow-ups went like clockwork! They were as easy as Dr Rockett’s demeanor and bedside manner. Finally walking (living) without pain is sheer joy! Kudos, Dr. Rockett!!!!
in Wellesley Hills, MA |
Great surgeon, very nice person, easy to talk to who will answer all your questions. I feel 100% at ease with Dr. Rockett and with his skills as a surgeon. I've had two successful shoulder surgeries.
in Westborough, MA |
Dr. Rockett receives nothing but rave reviews from me and I speak from LOTS of experience: 5 arthroscopic surgeries in the past 8 years including knee, hip and shoulder surgeries due to muscle wear and tear, arthritis and faulty joints. He takes the time to make sure you understand the prognosis and treatment options. Because of the excellence of his work and great team, I've recovered 100% from each procedure -- amazing. I can't thank Dr. Rockett enough for keeping me moving. He's the best!
in Reading, MA |
I had major pectoral surgery this past May (2016). Dr. Rockett and his team were nothing short of phenomenal. Even prior to my first visit, Dr. Rockett and his staff were amenable to my needs and even responded via social media to schedule an appointment first thing on Monday morn. When I first saw Dr. Rockett, he advised me that the recovery would be 6 months. I am now 4 months post surgery and I have full range of motion and my strength is coming back stronger each day. I couldn't be happier.
in Lexington, MA |
He's really great if you want to be left, following a hip replacement surgery, with one leg a full inch longer than the other and back pain ever since. You need more than just a pretty face and bedside manner. He informed me prior to the surgery when I was woozey from the pre-op medication that one leg was longer than the other. I told him that I was not aware of this. You'd think, as a dancer, that I would know whether or not I had one leg longer than the other! Go somewhere else!
in Brighton, MA |
My Physical Therapist recommended Dr. Rockett from feedback from her other patients. But my experience was very poor. I waited an hour to see the doctor, was told by the nurse that he didn't have time to listen or treat my injury history because he was on a tight schedule and when he finally came into the exam room he didn't address the issue I was most concerned about, ie. my pain. He spent maybe 3 minutes in the room with me and then gave me two other referrals. Waste of time and money
in Braintree, MA |
love this man
in Lunenburg, MA |
Dr Sean Rocket with a name like that how can you go wrong? Al kidding aside , Sean is i opinion the best choice I've made in a long time. I've three spine surgeries, one complete shoulder replacement, done by another member of the team at Orthopedics new England. Dr Charles{ Fitz} Christiano. I could not be happier with the way everything went. Little pain,fast recovery, excellent office staff. You could not make a better choice, in my humble opinion.
in Canton Ma. |
I used another orthopedic surgeon for years, prior to using sean. The left knee started acting up and I went to Dr. Rockett, since my other doctor was semi retired. Dr Rockett operated on my left knee friday and I was walking the same day. I had two cartlidge tears and he repaired both. EXCELLENT SURGEON MECHANIC. He did an unbelievable job. My knee feels great ,and am already walking without a limp. He is excellent and I strongly recomend him. I will stick with Dr. Rockett moving forward!
in Marlborough, MA |
I do NOT recommend Dr. Rockett. I went to him with a torn ACL, MCL, and meniscus. He told me that he would be fixing my ACL and meniscus during surgery. During the surgery, he decided not to fix my meniscus, stating only to my mother after surgery that it looked stable. Five months later, I still have a torn meniscus that another surgeon has to repair. I'm a single mom and finding help with my child/money for yet another surgery is an unacceptable situation. Terrible bedside manner as well.
in Framingham, MA |
He took time explaining what my problem was. Had the surgery and it went well. Had no pain following the surgery. Sent orders for a ot to come to the house to start my therapy. Then he had me go to physical therapy for 2 months. He told me it normally takes 6 months for full recovery but I am well at 3 months. I feel I couldn't recommend anyone better. His staff was very friendly and helpful whenever I had to contact them. Surgery was for rotor cuff.
in Natick, MA |
I had Meniscus surgery from a different doctor and was in constant pain after the surgery. I was told this sometimes happens and there is nothing that can be done for it. I went to Doctor Rockett after a year of intolerable pain. He re-did the surgery and I have been doing great ever since. I was very impressed with his demeanor and appreciated his approach and exceptional explanations of my options.
Have you seen Dr. Sean Rockett, MD?
Are you Dr. Rockett?