Dr. Sean McCance, MD

Dr. Sean McCance, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Sean McCance, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. McCance is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital.

1155 Park Ave Ste E

New York, NY 10128

• Guardian
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. McCance

See how frequently Dr. McCance performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylolisthesis
Resection or Ablation of Bone Tumor, Partial or Complete Resection of Bone, Debridement of Bone
Intervertebral Disc Disease

Dr. McCance's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. McCance "I believe that every patient deserves a thorough and accurate assessment of their spinal problem. My approach to spine care is to provide each patient with a detailed evaluation of their spinal disorder, and to give them access to the best possible care, both non-operative and operative."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Pelvic Fracture
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sacrum Disorders

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons
  • Minnesota Spine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Castle Connolly's "Top Doctors" NY Metro Area, 2012
  • Phi Beta Kappa, 1986

Dr. McCance has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McCance does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McCance and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McCance's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McCance to family and friends
4.2
Dr. McCance's Performance
in new york, ny |
I am 8 weeks out from a very successful lumbar laminectomy by Dr. McCance. I am pain free not only from the actual surgery but also the pain that caused to need for the surgery. Of course I am fortunate and there is never a guarantee, BUT having Dr. McCance doing the surgery was the correct decision. Also the staff is pleasant and the office is orderly, not like some other surgeons' offices I visited. I know it is scary to do back surgery, but living with that pain was unacceptable.
New York, NY |
Very professional office and staff was amazing. Dr. McCance is gifted.
in New York, NY |
I had a sudden acute broken herniated disc. Dr. McCance saw me the same day I called, his office immediately scheduled all the needed pre-op checks, and I was operated on within 48 hours. I had been a "13" on the 1-10 pain scale; as soon as I got out of the operation the pain was gone and the recovery was rapid. Zero problems two months later, 100% recovered.
in Paramus, NJ |
I had spinal fusion in April of 2014 with Dr. McCance and I feel like a new person. He is the only spinal surgeon I would recommend to my family and friends. Dr. McCance also performed extensive spinal surgery on my son following a major motorcycle accident and he is fully recovered. I appreciate the professionalism of the Doctor's office staff as well.
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. McCance is both friendly and extremely knowledgable. The office and staff are great. I feel 100% better than the first time I went to see him thanks to his amazing talents. I'd recommend him to anyone.
in New York, NY |
A lot of people can express their experience with Dr McCance in so many different ways. One could be professionalism, the other kindness, I will just say one short sentence, Dr McCance gave me my life back. After meeting so many doctors and having so many tests done, he was the one that connected it all together. And how I met him? He performed a spinal fusion on my stepmom and we are both healthy and satisfied till this day!
in Wayne, NJ |
I was lucky to get recommended to Dr McCance in 2015. Right from the start the process was easy, the office staff was always very helpful and accommodating from scheduling MRI's to office visits. Dr McCance was always on time and the office was always very clean. The day of the surgery Dr McCance kept my family well informed on how the surgery was going. Afterwards, the Dr personally checked on me every morning . After an 18 level fusion I could say I haven't felt this well in years.
in New York, NY |
I was operated on by Dr. McCance for cervical stenosis in April, 2016. Every contact I had with him, from my first meeting where he took the time to answer all my and my wife's questions, the operation itself, his visits to me in the hospital, and post-operative care (two appointments) was exemplary. I found him at all times to be extremely competent, professional, efficient and humane. His office was unusually efficient. I would recommend him without reservation.
in New York, NY |
By far an expert in his field of practice. Words cannot begin to express how thankful and fortunate I was to find a surgeon as skilled, patient, and altruistic as Dr. Sean McCance . After living with pain for almost 4 years he was able to bring me instant relief after ACDF surgery. I am 8 weeks post-op and feeling 90% better. Thank you for taking such great care of me! M.C
in Amityville, NY |
In April 2016 Dr. McCance performed on me a posterior lumbar bone fusion of L2, L3, L4, L5 and S1 with instrumentation and also did a laminectomy. In 2004 Dr. McCance performed on me an anterior cervical bone fusion of C2-C3. Dr. McCance is very cautious in his approach and did extensive testing before operating on me. He is a very highly skilled spinal surgeon and I recommend Dr. McCance without reservation. You would be hard pressed to find anyone more skilled than Dr. McCance.
in Carmel, NY |
Dr McCance is a Smart, Highly Talented surgeon, but even more importantly he can explain in lay terms the how/why the spine is reacting that is crystal clear to understand and takes the fear out of treatment. He is the first and only doctor that I have had complete trust in. He is a gentleman and a man of integrity, two very rare characteristics in today's world. His Entire office staff, his PA Diana, are Professionals, always friendly! They reflect the standard expected in the office! Blessed
in New Jersey |
I have been a patient of Dr. McCance for many years and I have always found him and his staff to deliver care in the most compassionate and professional manner I have ever experienced. Dr. McCance's surgical and diagnostic skills are exemplary and I wouldn't trust anyone else with my spine condition. I have referred mutiple friends and family members over the years and all of their experiences have been consistently wonderful.
in New York, NY |
Suffering from severe lower back pain ? I could hardly walk anywhere. My quality of life had really degraded. Dr McCance recommended spinal fusion. I was very hesitant and scared, as one always hears the negative stories. He said my condition would get worse if I didn't do this. After the surgery I felt better right away. I could walk and my quality of life is back. Now I can walk and exercise. I can't thank him enough for giving me my life back.
Tarrytown, NY |
Dr. McCance is an excellent doctor who is kind, caring and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him.
in Douglas, MA |
Our experience with Dr. McCance after my daughter broke her back was wonderful. He took the time to explain the X-rays and the course of treatment and assured us that she would heal fine. I would highly recommend Dr. McCance.
in Pompton Lakes, NJ |
Dr. McCance and his staff were amazing. My mother fractured her neck in a fall. We were able to get an appt right away and Dr. McCance took his time to explain the situation to us and tell us course of treatment. His staff called to make sure my mom was comfortable in the brace. We had to visit his office a total of 3 times and every office experience was a pleasure. I would highly recommend Dr. McCance.
Have you seen Dr. Sean McCance, MD?
Are you Dr. McCance?