Dr. Sean Marvil, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Sean Marvil, MD

Dr. Sean Marvil, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Taos, NM. He is 42 years old. Dr. Marvil is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital.

Dr. Marvil's Experience

See how Dr. Marvil's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Marvil

Dr. Marvil accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Marvil is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Marvil has admitting privileges.

Dr. Marvil's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Marvil to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Marvil's Performance
in Los Alamos, NM |
Dr. Sean Marvil performed an ACL repair on my R knee. A year and ½ later my knee is very squeaky and I am starting to develop arthritis. My knee does not feel stable without the knee brace and sometimes feels numb when I exercise. I find Dr. Marvil and his staff friendly and accessible. However, since my knee condition did not improve after the surgery and is getting worse I moved to a different practitioner for treatment.
in Taos, NM |
Dr. Marvil is a caring and conscientious doctor who succeeded in eliminating the debilitating hip pain I'd suffered with for years. There are no words to express the gratitude I feel for the wonderful job he did because now, at 70 years old, I feel like dancing again! As many say after hip replacement surgery, "I wish I'd done it sooner," and I wish that all doctors were as skilled and compassionate as Dr. Marvil.
Taos, NM |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Marvil. He is incredibly compassionate and obviously cares about the well-being of his patients. After my procedure he took the time to call and check on me to ensure I was doing well. I would recommend him to my friends and family in a heartbeat.
in Los Alamos, NM |
Perfect experience with Dr. Marvil. Very willing to answer my questions, sympathetic to my situation, and I have what feels like a brand new right shoulder post-op. He made sure to check on me periodically, and guided me in my recovery. Staff at Taos Orthopedic Institute was fantastic. This is my 4th Orthopedic surgery and by FAR my best experience. I have not one bad word to say about my surgery.
in Taos, New Mexico |
Dr. Marvel is the best. Very down to earth but not sloppy or unprofessional. He goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable - for instance - I was having insurance issues and instead of directing me to any other person he sat down and we discussed my options given my current situation. After my last visit I was leaving his office, my wife came in to use the bathroom, when she came out Dr. Marvel stopped her to tell her some things for us to keep in mind during my recovery. Very thoughtful
in Santa Fe, NM |
this dr is one of the worst dr I have ever met he did surgery on my husband shoulder and he has to go back and do another surgery on the same shoulder and didn't care about my husband well-being only called for money never once did his office call to check on if my husband was in pain or to tell me how to care for him after his surgery. the officewouldn't fill out the paperwork work in time so my husband coul get a check from work and they were given 2 weeks to submit but always late so no $
in Santa Fe, NM |
Dr. Marvil was professional, yet upbeat and always available via direct phone. Following my procedure, he did not treat me like a sick patient, but cheered for me to exercise, to stay in motion. He explained that 90% of recovery is a positive mental attitude. I trusted him. Consequently, when friends ask about my recovery process, I don't share the medical details of my knee replacement. Instead, I explain "I have a brand new knee!"
in Santa Fe New Mexico NM |
Dr. Marvel is tops in his field. Once you meet him you will understand why. He is personable and talks to you with the caring that he would give his own family. I was not excited about having both of my knees replaced. In fact I was horrified. Normally, he only does one knee at a time but I was able to convince him that I would have a hard time doing one at a time. He honored my need and I am on the healing side of the surgery. He and his staff made me feel at ease and comfortable.
in El Prado, NM 87529 |
Dr. Marvil is one of the finest surgeons I have used. I've had many surgeries, but the follow ups were not pleasant. Dr. Marvil was concerned that I was indeed, having unnecessary ones, and many could have been dealt with less drastically. Dr. Marvil is very engaging, having one of he best bedside manners I have experienced. He is super sensitive, cordial, attentive, and has a very pleasant manner. His technique for relieving my numerous pains is by not prescribing prescription drugs.
in Taos, NM |
Dr. Marvil did a total hip replacement on me April 2016. I know he did an excellent job because my recovery has been without pain or anguish. I find him to be accessible, honest and straightforward with his answers to my questions. He genuinely cares and in his understanding of the healing process, he's a welcome companion on the road to recovery. If or when I need the other hip replaced, I hope Dr. Marvil is my surgeon.
in Ranchos de Taos, NM |
I was very satisfied with Dr. marvil he did a awesome job on my hip , his bedside manners are great he kept me well informed what was about to happen and got me in and out in no time ! He replaced my left hip & I would not think twice about him replacing my right hip, just hope it never comes to that! Wonderful Dr, . I highly recommend him to everyone I know!!
in Taos, NM |
Dr. Marvil is a knowledgeable, courteous, compassionate, professional, kind & tactful doctor/surgeon. I've seen him for knee, hip, and shoulder issues. If he wasn't able to resolve my problem he recommended excellent alternatives ie: physical therapy, medication, a reputable local chiropractor & home remedies. He's an outstanding asset to the Taos Ortho group.
in Los Alamos, NM |
Dr. Marvil is the 3rd opinion we received on my sons knee. X-rays and MRI show everything is medically okay however he has swelling and intolerable pain. Dr. Marvil really listened spent time with him and said if this proposed treatment regimen doesn't work we will go in and figure it out. OUTSTANDING Dr. and will highly recommend him to any family member and friends.
Have you seen Dr. Sean Marvil, MD?
Are you Dr. Marvil?

Compare Dr. Marvil

Dr. Marvil's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in New Mexico not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Broken Arm
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

Dr. Marvil does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Marvil and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine