Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Practices Neurosurgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 77 reviews.
Author:
My Family and I will always be grateful to Dr.Markey and His team! He has given my Husband his life back more then once and recently I need to have my neck fused. Becky,Sabrina,Jessica and McKenzie have been amazing.
Author:
I met with Dr. Markey for a consultation and he was one of the nicest physicians I have ever met. He answered all of my questions and really took time in explaining everything to me in great detail. I never feel rushed or pressured. I felt he was very caring and understanding and gave me his best option of how to proceed. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with a brain tumor. Pauline Gerali
Author:
Dr. Markey and his staff (Becky) and NP (Sabrina Reed) are by far the most extraordinary individuals I have met in the medical profession! True Hero's in my book. Amazing professionalism, Super Smart, Super nice and Super easy to discuss critical technical medical issues with, by far my favorite people in this crazy world of medical chaos! Thank you all for the job well done and making my world a better place!!!
Author:
I have a complicated set of circumstances and have had more than one surgery in the past 2 years with Dr. Markey. Whether in the office, on the phone or at the hospital, Dr. Markey has been not just competent but also kind, respectful, caring and patient. He has never rushed my questions, never rushed a decision and been thorough in explaining choices and risks to me. More than anything else, Dr. Markey and his team have been my relentless advocates when I needed that. That is rare and special.
Author:
I have struggled with lower back pain for years. It had reached the point that it was difficult for me to walk any distance. I was terrified of having surgery, and constantly looking for the right surgeon for me. Thankfully, a friend gave me Dr. Sean Markey's name. I had lumber decompression surgery four weeks ago. Dr. Markey was kind, caring and, explained what needed to be done to correct my problem. I am happy to say I would highly Dr. Markey to anyone who is considering surgery!
Author:
Dr. Markey and his team are outstanding. Diagnosis and explanation of my medical issues were exceptionally well done, and he made sure I had a thorough understanding of the procedures and recovery. One week post-op I feel better than I have in months. Dr. Markey cares about his patients and I definitely feel he and his team went above and beyond to correct my significant spine issues. I am extremely grateful for his expert care and skill. Thanks!!!!
Author:
Dr. Markey is an awesome surgeon! From my first visit to him he was very upfront and answered all of my questions, and my surgery was scheduled quickly. I had a minor complication after the surgery (no one's fault, my body rejected the sutures he used). His staff got me into the office quickly when I called concerned and the problem was taken care of within a couple of days. Every follow up I had with him he took the time to listen to any questions I had and answer them thoroughly.
Author:
Doctor Markey was very helpful and got me in very quickly. I would definitely recommend him as a specialist to anyone who is looking.
Author:
Excellent bedside manner. Very accommodating, got me in very fast. Caring and compassionate. He was very easy to communicate with.
Author:
Excellent excellent care!! I highly recommend this Dr! He's always there when I need him!
Author:
Dr. Markey is one of the finest surgeons and a great human being. His staff is one of the best. He has done surgery on both my husband and myself.
Author:
Good luck getting anything you need from this office
Author:
You always have to wait to see Dr. Markey or his NP but the wait is worth it because they spend the time with you that is needed to make sure all your questions are answered.
Author:
I saw Dr. Markey in 2015, and he was awesome, totally upfront with me telling me I would never have to have a multi-level Fusion. I saw him again this year with an update MRI and only after his nurse spent 3o mins with me, (By the way) never introducing herself (RUDE)!!!! I am now being told I need a multi-level fusion and would have to take of work for 6-12months, I just started this job, is he going to by my bills. Plus I have left messages for his nurse to call me back and I have yet to hear
Author:
I was diagnosed in June 2009 with a brain tumor. I was living in San Diego, California at the time and was 15 years old. I was treated at Rady Children’s Hospital with three brain surgeries. I moved to Colorado a few years ago, and a year ago, I had my fourth brain surgery to repair my VP Shunt by Dr. Markey. He is a very patient and understanding doctor, and explains everything he will do before, during, and after the surgery to help the patient. Thank you Doctor Markey! Recommended to all!
Author:
Excellent surgeon/Neurology Doctor. I have a brain tumor, was diagnosed in 2009, while still living in California. I had three brain surgeries in California: Diagnosis, partial tumor resection, then VP Shunt placement. Then in 2016, I had a doctor appointment with Doctor Markey to check on my yearly MRI review. He noticed my VP shunt was draining all of the fluid from my brain, and did a surgery to replace my shunt. Excellent and caring doctor/surgeon! Recommended to all who need this surgery!
Author:
I had not only unnecessary posterior cervical hardware put in but he destroyed my trapezius muscles in the process (burned on opening of surgery) . Also left hardware in the back that later needed to be cut out by Another surgeon. He said "someone was asleep at wheel during procedure" - Not sure if anterior and posterior fusion in lumbar was necessary but am questioning whether anterior part was necessary. Pain is constant, thanks doc for no response and no help remedying situation.
Author:
Dr. Markey is the best! He takes time with you and knows his stuff. Will not operate on you unless his entire team is present. Operated on me on a Saturday due to a holiday. Puts his patients #1. Love that! Completely honest with you and doesn't mess around. Answers ALL your questions completely and in terms you can understand. Glad I waited for him and was definitely worth the wait. Totally professional and worked with my neurologist. First doctor to get my spine and migraines controlled!
Author:
After two back surgeries I feel that Dr. Markey is the best. he is willing to spend the time to make sure you are comfortable with the procedure and his follow up is great. great surgeon and staff.
Author:
Dr Markey is the most amazing doctor in the entire Denver area. I had three curves in my back from adult onset scoliosis. He performed surgery that took away pain that was so intense that I was on extremely high doses of pain medication. He is the kindest and most dedicated neurosurgeon, and I owe a pain free life to him. Thank you for everything
Author:
Dr Markey was my surgeon for a C5/6 surgical repair and he was amazing. The staff at Porter Adventist was great and it was very easy to get in and out of appointments because the offices were right next to the hospital. This was about 10 years ago and I have not had to go back since!
Author:
I cannot recommend Dr. Markey. Five years after surgery I still suffer with lots of pain, just realize that there is no guarantee of success. I was nervous about getting sufficient pain meds in the hospital and he assured me that "I would be fine". I was in so much pain in the hospital that I started to pass out. He was "off" and not responding to the nurse's calls. I had to have my husband bring some from home. They will let you lie there and suffer. Consider yourself warned.
Author:
Dr. Markey is out standing! I have a disk replacement C5-C7 and a fusion. The procedure went very smoothly. I had immediate pain relief. I was able to leave the hospital the next day and my recovery went very well. I was back to work in 4 months. It has been 3 years now with no problems.
Author:
Dr Markey had me spend thousands of dollars over 6 months. He consistitantly ordered new scans and scheduled new appointments after every scan, just to order another one. The last scan was 3 months ago. I have left 5 voicemails and received no return phone calls until I called this morning and threaten to hire an attorney. I finally received a call back today so he could tell me I was no longer going to allowed to be a patient. He is the worse doctor ever. You have been warned:)!
Author:
I've been a patient of Dr Markey's for several years now.I've seen him for diagnosis thru to surgery and follow up.I completely trust him to make appropriate and safe decisions for my treatment, as my case is not exactly textbook.When he doesn't know he doesn't guess or fake it (believe it or not, neurosurgeons are generally pretty egotistical and narcissistic and it's hard for them to say, "I don't know." Dr Markey has AMAZING bedside manner -- also unusual for a Nero!-is never condescending
Author:
I unfortunately am suffering from 2 issues an issue with my hip as well as my spine and after 2 months of being in excruciating pain and getting shuffled around from doctor to doctor and being told by some that appts are months out some as many as 4 I was referred to Dr Markey and so far he has been a lifesaver he took the time to review my MRIs and see that issue simply could not wait 1,2 or 4 months he helped me coordinate my care and gave hope when I was starting to think all hope was lost!
Author:
After waiting 2 MONTHS for an appointment with Mr. Markey my husband and I went to the office and were told that NO DOCTORS WERE IN THAT DAY. My husband has been in pain for 6 YEARS and we were hoping to find some relief. Apparently NOT with Mr. Markey.
Author:
Dr. Markey took the time to discuss my problem and how to treat it. I appreciated that. I was a person not just another patient
Author:
Dr. Markey literally saved my life 3 years ago. He was my angel when I felt there was no where to turn because no one could figure out my rare brain condition. After a successful surgery I am able to live my life mostly normal, the damage that was done by the condition limits me in some ways but NOT Markey's fault at all. I was mm away from being able to walk, talk, eat, and live. He has given me my life back to spend it with my husband and 3 boys. I can NEVER thank him enough!!!