Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 55 years old

53 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Markey specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Englewood, CO. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Markey? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Markey's Experience

See how Dr. Markey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Markey

Dr. Markey accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Markey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Markey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markey to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Markey's Performance
in Lakewood, CO |
Dr Markey was my surgeon for a C5/6 surgical repair and he was amazing. The staff at Porter Adventist was great and it was very easy to get in and out of appointments because the offices were right next to the hospital. This was about 10 years ago and I have not had to go back since!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I cannot recommend Dr. Markey. Five years after surgery I still suffer with lots of pain, just realize that there is no guarantee of success. I was nervous about getting sufficient pain meds in the hospital and he assured me that "I would be fine". I was in so much pain in the hospital that I started to pass out. He was "off" and not responding to the nurse's calls. I had to have my husband bring some from home. They will let you lie there and suffer. Consider yourself warned.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Markey is out standing! I have a disk replacement C5-C7 and a fusion. The procedure went very smoothly. I had immediate pain relief. I was able to leave the hospital the next day and my recovery went very well. I was back to work in 4 months. It has been 3 years now with no problems.
Ruston, LA |
Dr Markey had me spend thousands of dollars over 6 months. He consistitantly ordered new scans and scheduled new appointments after every scan, just to order another one. The last scan was 3 months ago. I have left 5 voicemails and received no return phone calls until I called this morning and threaten to hire an attorney. I finally received a call back today so he could tell me I was no longer going to allowed to be a patient. He is the worse doctor ever. You have been warned:)!
in Aurora, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr Markey's for several years now.I've seen him for diagnosis thru to surgery and follow up.I completely trust him to make appropriate and safe decisions for my treatment, as my case is not exactly textbook.When he doesn't know he doesn't guess or fake it (believe it or not, neurosurgeons are generally pretty egotistical and narcissistic and it's hard for them to say, "I don't know." Dr Markey has AMAZING bedside manner -- also unusual for a Nero!-is never condescending
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I unfortunately am suffering from 2 issues an issue with my hip as well as my spine and after 2 months of being in excruciating pain and getting shuffled around from doctor to doctor and being told by some that appts are months out some as many as 4 I was referred to Dr Markey and so far he has been a lifesaver he took the time to review my MRIs and see that issue simply could not wait 1,2 or 4 months he helped me coordinate my care and gave hope when I was starting to think all hope was lost!
Littleton, CO |
After waiting 2 MONTHS for an appointment with Mr. Markey my husband and I went to the office and were told that NO DOCTORS WERE IN THAT DAY. My husband has been in pain for 6 YEARS and we were hoping to find some relief. Apparently NOT with Mr. Markey.
in Longmont, CO |
Dr. Markey took the time to discuss my problem and how to treat it. I appreciated that. I was a person not just another patient
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Markey literally saved my life 3 years ago. He was my angel when I felt there was no where to turn because no one could figure out my rare brain condition. After a successful surgery I am able to live my life mostly normal, the damage that was done by the condition limits me in some ways but NOT Markey's fault at all. I was mm away from being able to walk, talk, eat, and live. He has given me my life back to spend it with my husband and 3 boys. I can NEVER thank him enough!!!
Have you seen Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Are you Dr. Markey?

Dr. Markey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Markey has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Markey's Board Certifications

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Thrombosis

University of Colorado At Denver

Graduated in 1993

University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Dr. Markey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation