Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Sean Markey, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Englewood, CO. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

3277 S Lincoln St

Englewood, CO 80113

Learn about Dr. Markey

See how frequently Dr. Markey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spondylosis

Dr. Markey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Colorado At Denver
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Dr. Markey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Markey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Markey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Markey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Markey to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Markey's Performance
Upper Lake, CA |
I saw Dr. Markey in 2015, and he was awesome, totally upfront with me telling me I would never have to have a multi-level Fusion. I saw him again this year with an update MRI and only after his nurse spent 3o mins with me, (By the way) never introducing herself (RUDE)!!!! I am now being told I need a multi-level fusion and would have to take of work for 6-12months, I just started this job, is he going to by my bills. Plus I have left messages for his nurse to call me back and I have yet to hear
in Aurora, CO |
I was diagnosed in June 2009 with a brain tumor. I was living in San Diego, California at the time and was 15 years old. I was treated at Rady Children’s Hospital with three brain surgeries. I moved to Colorado a few years ago, and a year ago, I had my fourth brain surgery to repair my VP Shunt by Dr. Markey. He is a very patient and understanding doctor, and explains everything he will do before, during, and after the surgery to help the patient. Thank you Doctor Markey! Recommended to all!
in Aurora, CO |
Excellent surgeon/Neurology Doctor. I have a brain tumor, was diagnosed in 2009, while still living in California. I had three brain surgeries in California: Diagnosis, partial tumor resection, then VP Shunt placement. Then in 2016, I had a doctor appointment with Doctor Markey to check on my yearly MRI review. He noticed my VP shunt was draining all of the fluid from my brain, and did a surgery to replace my shunt. Excellent and caring doctor/surgeon! Recommended to all who need this surgery!
in Centennial co |
I had not only unnecessary posterior cervical hardware put in but he destroyed my trapezius muscles in the process (burned on opening of surgery) . Also left hardware in the back that later needed to be cut out by Another surgeon. He said "someone was asleep at wheel during procedure" - Not sure if anterior and posterior fusion in lumbar was necessary but am questioning whether anterior part was necessary. Pain is constant, thanks doc for no response and no help remedying situation.
in Littleton, CO |
Dr. Markey is the best! He takes time with you and knows his stuff. Will not operate on you unless his entire team is present. Operated on me on a Saturday due to a holiday. Puts his patients #1. Love that! Completely honest with you and doesn't mess around. Answers ALL your questions completely and in terms you can understand. Glad I waited for him and was definitely worth the wait. Totally professional and worked with my neurologist. First doctor to get my spine and migraines controlled!
in Castle Rock, CO |
After two back surgeries I feel that Dr. Markey is the best. he is willing to spend the time to make sure you are comfortable with the procedure and his follow up is great. great surgeon and staff.
in Denver, CO |
Dr Markey is the most amazing doctor in the entire Denver area. I had three curves in my back from adult onset scoliosis. He performed surgery that took away pain that was so intense that I was on extremely high doses of pain medication. He is the kindest and most dedicated neurosurgeon, and I owe a pain free life to him. Thank you for everything
in Lakewood, CO |
Dr Markey was my surgeon for a C5/6 surgical repair and he was amazing. The staff at Porter Adventist was great and it was very easy to get in and out of appointments because the offices were right next to the hospital. This was about 10 years ago and I have not had to go back since!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I cannot recommend Dr. Markey. Five years after surgery I still suffer with lots of pain, just realize that there is no guarantee of success. I was nervous about getting sufficient pain meds in the hospital and he assured me that "I would be fine". I was in so much pain in the hospital that I started to pass out. He was "off" and not responding to the nurse's calls. I had to have my husband bring some from home. They will let you lie there and suffer. Consider yourself warned.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Markey is out standing! I have a disk replacement C5-C7 and a fusion. The procedure went very smoothly. I had immediate pain relief. I was able to leave the hospital the next day and my recovery went very well. I was back to work in 4 months. It has been 3 years now with no problems.
Ruston, LA |
Dr Markey had me spend thousands of dollars over 6 months. He consistitantly ordered new scans and scheduled new appointments after every scan, just to order another one. The last scan was 3 months ago. I have left 5 voicemails and received no return phone calls until I called this morning and threaten to hire an attorney. I finally received a call back today so he could tell me I was no longer going to allowed to be a patient. He is the worse doctor ever. You have been warned:)!
in Aurora, CO |
I've been a patient of Dr Markey's for several years now.I've seen him for diagnosis thru to surgery and follow up.I completely trust him to make appropriate and safe decisions for my treatment, as my case is not exactly textbook.When he doesn't know he doesn't guess or fake it (believe it or not, neurosurgeons are generally pretty egotistical and narcissistic and it's hard for them to say, "I don't know." Dr Markey has AMAZING bedside manner -- also unusual for a Nero!-is never condescending
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I unfortunately am suffering from 2 issues an issue with my hip as well as my spine and after 2 months of being in excruciating pain and getting shuffled around from doctor to doctor and being told by some that appts are months out some as many as 4 I was referred to Dr Markey and so far he has been a lifesaver he took the time to review my MRIs and see that issue simply could not wait 1,2 or 4 months he helped me coordinate my care and gave hope when I was starting to think all hope was lost!
Littleton, CO |
After waiting 2 MONTHS for an appointment with Mr. Markey my husband and I went to the office and were told that NO DOCTORS WERE IN THAT DAY. My husband has been in pain for 6 YEARS and we were hoping to find some relief. Apparently NOT with Mr. Markey.
in Longmont, CO |
Dr. Markey took the time to discuss my problem and how to treat it. I appreciated that. I was a person not just another patient
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Markey literally saved my life 3 years ago. He was my angel when I felt there was no where to turn because no one could figure out my rare brain condition. After a successful surgery I am able to live my life mostly normal, the damage that was done by the condition limits me in some ways but NOT Markey's fault at all. I was mm away from being able to walk, talk, eat, and live. He has given me my life back to spend it with my husband and 3 boys. I can NEVER thank him enough!!!
Have you seen Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Are you Dr. Markey?