Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Dr. Sean Markey, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Sean Markey, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Englewood, CO and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University of Colorado At Denver in 1993 and specializes in neurosurgery.

3277 S Lincoln St

Englewood, CO 80113

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Markey's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Markey's Top Procedures and Conditions

Spinal Fusion

Dr. Markey performs Spinal Fusion more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Markey performs this procedure more than 97% of his peers

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Markey performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Markey performs this procedure more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

3.9

Dr. Markey?
Dr. Markey's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Sean Markey, MD
My Family and I will always be grateful to Dr.Markey and His team! He has given my Husband his life back more then once and recently I need to have my neck fused. Becky,Sabrina,Jessica and McKenzie have been amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I met with Dr. Markey for a consultation and he was one of the nicest physicians I have ever met. He answered all of my questions and really took time in explaining everything to me in great detail. I never feel rushed or pressured. I felt he was very caring and understanding and gave me his best option of how to proceed. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing help with a brain tumor. Pauline Gerali
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr. Markey and his staff (Becky) and NP (Sabrina Reed) are by far the most extraordinary individuals I have met in the medical profession! True Hero's in my book. Amazing professionalism, Super Smart, Super nice and Super easy to discuss critical technical medical issues with, by far my favorite people in this crazy world of medical chaos! Thank you all for the job well done and making my world a better place!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I have a complicated set of circumstances and have had more than one surgery in the past 2 years with Dr. Markey. Whether in the office, on the phone or at the hospital, Dr. Markey has been not just competent but also kind, respectful, caring and patient. He has never rushed my questions, never rushed a decision and been thorough in explaining choices and risks to me. More than anything else, Dr. Markey and his team have been my relentless advocates when I needed that. That is rare and special.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I have struggled with lower back pain for years. It had reached the point that it was difficult for me to walk any distance. I was terrified of having surgery, and constantly looking for the right surgeon for me. Thankfully, a friend gave me Dr. Sean Markey's name. I had lumber decompression surgery four weeks ago. Dr. Markey was kind, caring and, explained what needed to be done to correct my problem. I am happy to say I would highly Dr. Markey to anyone who is considering surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr. Markey and his team are outstanding. Diagnosis and explanation of my medical issues were exceptionally well done, and he made sure I had a thorough understanding of the procedures and recovery. One week post-op I feel better than I have in months. Dr. Markey cares about his patients and I definitely feel he and his team went above and beyond to correct my significant spine issues. I am extremely grateful for his expert care and skill. Thanks!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr. Markey is an awesome surgeon! From my first visit to him he was very upfront and answered all of my questions, and my surgery was scheduled quickly. I had a minor complication after the surgery (no one's fault, my body rejected the sutures he used). His staff got me into the office quickly when I called concerned and the problem was taken care of within a couple of days. Every follow up I had with him he took the time to listen to any questions I had and answer them thoroughly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Doctor Markey was very helpful and got me in very quickly. I would definitely recommend him as a specialist to anyone who is looking.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Excellent bedside manner. Very accommodating, got me in very fast. Caring and compassionate. He was very easy to communicate with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Excellent excellent care!! I highly recommend this Dr! He's always there when I need him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr. Markey is one of the finest surgeons and a great human being. His staff is one of the best. He has done surgery on both my husband and myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Good luck getting anything you need from this office
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
You always have to wait to see Dr. Markey or his NP but the wait is worth it because they spend the time with you that is needed to make sure all your questions are answered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I saw Dr. Markey in 2015, and he was awesome, totally upfront with me telling me I would never have to have a multi-level Fusion. I saw him again this year with an update MRI and only after his nurse spent 3o mins with me, (By the way) never introducing herself (RUDE)!!!! I am now being told I need a multi-level fusion and would have to take of work for 6-12months, I just started this job, is he going to by my bills. Plus I have left messages for his nurse to call me back and I have yet to hear
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I was diagnosed in June 2009 with a brain tumor. I was living in San Diego, California at the time and was 15 years old. I was treated at Rady Children’s Hospital with three brain surgeries. I moved to Colorado a few years ago, and a year ago, I had my fourth brain surgery to repair my VP Shunt by Dr. Markey. He is a very patient and understanding doctor, and explains everything he will do before, during, and after the surgery to help the patient. Thank you Doctor Markey! Recommended to all!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Excellent surgeon/Neurology Doctor. I have a brain tumor, was diagnosed in 2009, while still living in California. I had three brain surgeries in California: Diagnosis, partial tumor resection, then VP Shunt placement. Then in 2016, I had a doctor appointment with Doctor Markey to check on my yearly MRI review. He noticed my VP shunt was draining all of the fluid from my brain, and did a surgery to replace my shunt. Excellent and caring doctor/surgeon! Recommended to all who need this surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
I had not only unnecessary posterior cervical hardware put in but he destroyed my trapezius muscles in the process (burned on opening of surgery) . Also left hardware in the back that later needed to be cut out by Another surgeon. He said "someone was asleep at wheel during procedure" - Not sure if anterior and posterior fusion in lumbar was necessary but am questioning whether anterior part was necessary. Pain is constant, thanks doc for no response and no help remedying situation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr. Markey is the best! He takes time with you and knows his stuff. Will not operate on you unless his entire team is present. Operated on me on a Saturday due to a holiday. Puts his patients #1. Love that! Completely honest with you and doesn't mess around. Answers ALL your questions completely and in terms you can understand. Glad I waited for him and was definitely worth the wait. Totally professional and worked with my neurologist. First doctor to get my spine and migraines controlled!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
After two back surgeries I feel that Dr. Markey is the best. he is willing to spend the time to make sure you are comfortable with the procedure and his follow up is great. great surgeon and staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Sean Markey, MD?
Dr Markey is the most amazing doctor in the entire Denver area. I had three curves in my back from adult onset scoliosis. He performed surgery that took away pain that was so intense that I was on extremely high doses of pain medication. He is the kindest and most dedicated neurosurgeon, and I owe a pain free life to him. Thank you for everything
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Markey?

Insurance accepted