Dr. Sean Lalin, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Sean Lalin, MD
Sean C. Lalin, M.D., received his medical degree from Columbia University's College of Physicians and Surgeons where he was awarded the Alvin Behrens Prize for the most outstanding graduate entering the field of ophthalmology. This was followed by a general surgery internship and ophthalmology residency at Columbia University in New York City. He then completed a two-year medical and surgical retina fellowship at the New York Eye & Ear Infirmary—the nation's oldest and busiest eye hospital. Dr. Lalin now serves on the clinical faculty at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary where he has taught residents and fellows on the diseases, treatment, and surgery of the retina. He has been honored by the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary Award for excellence in teaching. He has numerous peer-reviewed publications and has lectured and presented both nationally and internationally. Dr. Lalin has also been named one of "America's Top Ophthalmologists" by the Consumers' Research Council of America and was featured in a NJ Top Docs article. Dr. Lalin has special interests in macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy, and has been involved in clinical trials to bring the most advanced treatment options to his patients.

Dr. Lalin's Care Philosophy

Our practice is limited to the diagnosis, treatment, and surgery of the eye, including macular degeneration and diabetic eye disease as well surgical treatment for cataracts, retinal diseases, and Lasik. Our commitment is to provide you with the best eye care anywhere.

Dr. Lalin's Experience

See how Dr. Lalin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lalin

Dr. Lalin accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Lalin is now accepting new patients
Retina Specialists-New Jersey330 South St Ste 1
Morristown, NJ 07960
Evening
(973) 871-2020Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lalin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lalin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lalin to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Lalin's Performance
in Phillipsburg, NJ |
My eye problems began with seeing black spots. It was unusual to me because I just had my regular eye exam in August of 2015 without eye dilation.Then I was back to my regular eye doctor October 2015.Then thats when I got the scary news retina tear in left eye and in my right eye a retina detachment.My excellent eye doctor recommended Dr, Lalin. I would recommended him wholeheartedly .He takes the time from the first visit to listen,diagnose, and come up with treatment plan.
in Morris Plains, NJ |
I had cataract surgery in both eyes with Dr. Lalin. My vision went from 20/80 to 20/25, and I was able to read without glasses. I have had hip surgery and knee surgery, but this was painless. I was able to see great the next day.
in Montville, NJ |
Had a cataract removed June 2015. I was left blind in my right eye. Had an AK to fix it and it went from bad to worse. Dr Lalin sent me to another doctor in his office who did not know what to do and told me to come back 7 more times for procedures that still left me blind in the right eye. I went after a year and a half to a wonderful ophthalmologist who did Lasik surgery in 4 minutes my vision was restored to 20/20. Never was treated by a med professional this way.
in Shohola, PA |
I have high myopia since childhood. Due to that condition, I've sustained injuries (bleeds) to the retina of both eyes, most recently in the center of my left retina (the macula). I had previously been seen by a group in Sussex County NJ, but had a few less-than-stellar experiences there recently. I decided to go to Dr. Lalin. Every experience with Dr Lalin and his team has been a positive one -- state-of-the-art, knowledgeable, and caring. Simply the best around. I trust my vision to him
NJ |
Great practice, staff, and time spent with dr.
in Rockaway, NJ |
The doctor and his staff are very professional yet so kind and caring. I have been a patient at the Morristown office for over 5 years and each experience has been extremely comforting and encouraging. I would most definitely recommend them, they are top-notch individuals!
in Hillsborough, NJ |
I have been seeing Dr. Lalin for over 2 years now. I really appreciate his advice and knowledge. He is a great specialist and would recommend him to any person who needs a retina specialist.
in Hackettstown, NJ |
My wife has been a patient of Dr. Lalin's since 2008. I'd be hard pressed to mention a physician more responsive and more caring than he and his staff. During one particularly trying time on a weekend, he called and checked on her every few hours while involved in a family event. He took the time to meet us at 7AM on a Sunday AM to examine her and advise us on steps to relieve the crisis. We have the utmost confidence in him. she has maintained her vision due to him.
in morristown |
I was referred to Dr. Lalin from a friend who had cataract surgery by him. I am so happy I listened to her! I could not be happier with my results and treatment by Dr. Lalin.
in phillipsburg nj |
I went to Dr. Lalin for an issue that I was having with my retina. I was very anxious that I could lose my eyesight! My experience with Dr. Lalin and his staff was remarkable! Dr. Lalin was very calming and professional.
in Mendham,NJ |
Dr Lalin is a fabulous doctor who saved my vision after a bad retinal detachment in my right eye. I am happy to say that after my retinal detachment surgery and subsequent laser cataract surgery my vision has gone from seeing hand movements to 20/25.
in Denville, NJ |
I had scheduled an appointment a month ago with Dr. Lalin. I arrived, filled out the paperwork, and was told my appointment was with another doctor. When I stated that my appointment was with Dr. Lalin, the person at the desk replied that I guess things weren't explained to me, but then never offered the reason. I was directed to a large waiting room with dozens of people. It was a "factory like" setting. I left and found a wonderful doctor in a kinder, caring environment.
in Morristown, NJ |
Visited Dr. Lalin under very stressful circumstances with a sudden loss of vision. His ever so professional and compassionate staff (Jerry, Sonia and Eileen) put my mind at ease from the first call all the way through my visit and surgery. Dr Lalin himself was patient, reassuring, compassionate and incredibly capable. Going to him was the best decision I ever made.
in Phillipsburg, NJ |
Elected to have laser cataract surgery with Dr Lalin and went for upgraded lenses. The results were phenomenal and utterly life changing. Would recommend anyone considering eye surgery go to this group.
in morristown nj NJ |
after having recommended surgery by him I am partially blind in that eye.
in Boonton Township, NJ |
the staff, the facilty..top notch in every way. the office is very sensitive to issues you feel need immediate attention and they got me in the same day. the waiting room is like a hotel continental breakfast...a pleasant surprise which i believe reflects dr lalin's concern for his patients. i was impressed by the time he took to explain my condition, something other doctors did not do. he has wonderful bedside manner and my experience was excellent from start to finish.
in Madison, NJ |
Dr. Lalin and his staff was a pleasure to work with. Everyone was patient, friendly and professional.
in Morristown, NJ |
With limited knowledge of cataract removal process, eye surgery was feared- but Dr. Lalin and staff provided education, on-site facility tour and answered numerous concerns with patience and understanding- including insurance coverage explanation(s). End result is both eyes underwent week-apart process, with remarkable results. Despite all the reading, study and expectations, the ensuing vision- both color and clarity, is astonishing... not imaginable.
in Newton, NJ |
Dr .Lalin restored my vision after going blind in one eye from a retina detachment. I trust him completely with my eyes, he is professional, kind, informative and caring. He has done both my cataract surgeries and now a procedure on my right eye to repair damage from the retina detachment. He has a great staff and they are caring and make you feel comfortable in all my visits. He also has 3 office locations.
in Belvidere |
Dr. Lalin is a caring, outgoing, friendly doctor. He had me come in on a Saturday when his office was closed to put a gas bubble in my eye because my retina was detached. Most doctors would have waited until the weekend was over to do procedure. Being young and worried about my vision he reassured me that everything would be fine if I followed proper recovery steps. Two years later and my vision is 20/20 with my glasses and retina is healed properly just like it was prior to my procedure.
in Livingston NJ |
Dr. Lalin is a great doctor. He truly cares for his patients, I know first hand, as years ago in an emergency, he came in on a Sunday from his young child's birthday party to help me out with a torn retina. He got me through all that and stabilized my other eye, and has been our favorite doctor since then. He has a calm, confident, caring manner,
Have you seen Dr. Sean Lalin, MD?
Are you Dr. Lalin?

Compare Dr. Lalin

Dr. Lalin says...

Dr. Lalin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lalin says...

Our practice focuses on the diagnosis, treatment and surgery of the eye and the retina. Dr. Lalin's clinical expertise is in the treatment and management of patients with macula degeneration and diabetic eye disease as well as complex retinal disease. In addition, Dr. Lalin performs advanced cataract surgery, Lasik and retinal surgery.

Dr. Lalin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Lalin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lalin's Board Certifications

• Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

Es Harkness Eye Inst; Columbia University

Completed in 2004

NY Eye Ear Infrm

Completed in 2006

Dr. Lalin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lalin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• KAMRA™ Inlay Procedure
  • LASIK
  • Laser Cataract Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Retina and Vitreous Surgery
  • Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery